Nikon 1 Series - show us your shots

The lens isn't mine! Much as I'd love to be able to have a toy like that, it wouldn't get much use beyond playing. Besides, I have a near equivalent in the Fuji 100-400 with the 1.4 x telecon which on the X-T1 gives the same EFL but in a much smaller and lighter package (at the cost of a stop wide open.)

Love to see that 600 combo fit in a jacket pocket....

Last edited:
It barely fit on my mate's sofa! Hagrid might have a pocket big enough for it.

Lovely shots

Cheers for the comment, I think i will end up using my V1/J1 combos for the "season" now (ive only used the D700 once so far this year!).

Some more recent images. Cheers Paul.

Young female Adder. Cropped some
Young female Adder (Vipera berus). 12th-April-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Comma Butterfly. I was lucky enough to find this beauty basking on this perfect perch. Cropped just the top off this image.
Comma Butterfly, basking in the sun. 13th-April-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Common Lizard. Once again, lucky to observe/photograph this lizard on a moss laden log. Image is not cropped.
Common Lizard, basking on Moss/Log (uncropped). 12th-April-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

soon be Dragonfly time

V1
1/40th f8 ISO200
V1_dragon.jpg

Last edited:
Went up to The Great central Railway at Quorn Loughborough with the children yesterday, had the 1v1 with me....
Was a nice afternoon out and dodged the rain.
Anyway took a few images whilst I was there.

train.jpg

Still think these are great little cameras.
I just need to work out now our to add files in edit mode :bonk:

Attachments

• facebook (1 of 1)-3.jpg
    facebook (1 of 1)-3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Nice moment/image caught here.

After using my "White" J1(i only really bought the camera, because i was buying the cx 30-110mm lens) i reckon i could suffer owning a white V2 now!

Although, i would still prefer a Black V2, to go with my Black V1;)

OR, I could do you a swap of your black V1 for my white one!

Using the Nikon FX 70-300 at the moment but dont rate it at 300

DSC_6728.jpg

DSC_6751.jpg

If any one tries the V3 i suggest you buy it from somewhere that will take a return,Nikon screwed some 1 series with a firmware update.

In what way?

I cant remember but there was an instance where a firmware upgrade stopped some sigma lenses working,it may not be the case but i wouldn't like someone to buy one privately and find it a no go.

All i can recall was a discussion on http://www.dpreview.com/ maybe a year ago that some users had done a 1 series firmware upgrade and the result was they had lost the use of some lenses,as i say it may not be a problem but could be worth checking the camera with the lens you want before buying.

V2 and Nikon FX 70-300

DSC_7587.jpg

Just keepin the thread alive here!

Nikon V1/FT1/Nikon 105mm VR Macro lens combo. Both these images are not cropped.

Male Adonis Blue Butterfly (uncropped). 11th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Small Heath Butterfly (uncropped). 11th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Nikon J1/cx 30-110mm lens/Raynox close up lens combo. Tiny camera flash/home made Pringles diffuser used

Cheers Paul.

Damselfly antics in my garden/yard. 10th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Damselfly antics in my garden/yard. 10th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

cracking shots, cannot wait to use mine next week..(holidays) yahoo.

Cheers, enjoy your holidays mate, an shoot heaps of images.

A couple of shots of a fresh looking male Common Blue Butterfly.
Nikon J1/30-110mm cx lens, with the Raynox 150 used. 1st shot with camera flash, 2nd shot without flash. Just cropped the top of the images off for these.

Cheers Paul.

Common Blue Butterfly (male). 16th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

Common Blue Butterfly (male). 16th-June-2016. by Testudo Man, on Flickr

The Lone Soldier.

Taken at Seaham, just missed all of his Right foot. Very hard to get his face defined enough as it was in deep shadow. No amount of processing worked so left it.

Taken with a Nikon J5.

DSC_0353.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Another shot with the J5 with the 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2

Taken at the Metro Centre, the subject is a Guy trying to beat a Record for continuous Static cycling I think.

Thanks.

_DSC3046 pse.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Just to give you an idea what this lens can do 1 NIKKOR VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6, just a Random shot.

Loving these Lenses.

Thanks.

DSC_0349.jpg

Nikon V2,30-110 and two extension tubes,on board flash with no reflector.

DSC_7868.jpg

DSC_7869.jpg

Back