Nikon 1 Series - show us your shots

Hi,

Thought I would add this, taken with a J5 with 32mm Equal to 87mm, on 35mm Equivalent.

Just a Quick edit.

Taken at Redcar Today.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Another from the J5 and 32mm.

Shot of a Sign, the blemishes I think will be Weathering.

Really is an Underrated camera.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy the 70-300 it's a cracking little lens. I love mine sharp wide open loads of reach and it's even good for the odd macro shot. :)

Now let's see some shots from it.

This isnt a very exiting picture,or is it

DSC_2785.jpg

Taken on a V2 using a sigma 150-600 C

I am trying to decide if i should keep this lens so i thought i would try it on my V2,what i did do first was go into the camera menu and change every thing to how it would work with a Nikon DX or FX lens,switched VRoff changed the focus to AF-S and center point,mounted the lens and it worked.This makes me wonder if the only reason they dont work is because of conflicting signals between the camera and lens.
Please excuse any camera shake as it was a mixture of excitement and hand holding a 600mm lens on a V2.

This isnt a very exiting picture,or is it

View attachment 46721

I am trying to decide if i should keep this lens so i thought i would try it on my V2,what i did do first was go into the camera menu and change every thing to how it would work with a Nikon DX or FX lens,switched VRoff changed the focus to AF-S and center point,mounted the lens and it worked.This makes me wonder if the only reason they dont work is because of conflicting signals between the camera and lens.
Please excuse any camera shake as it was a mixture of excitement and hand holding a 600mm lens on a V2.

Good work. Will be interesting to see if this works with other lenses that haven't previously worked.
Most of my Nikon mount glass is tamron & sigma and not knowing if these work or not has stopped me from dipping me toe in the Nikon 1 line up

Good work. Will be interesting to see if this works with other lenses that haven't previously worked.
Most of my Nikon mount glass is tamron & sigma and not knowing if these work or not has stopped me from dipping me toe in the Nikon 1 line up

Yes you would need more proof before buying in,ime not even sure mine will work next time,will just have to see how it goes.

Nice to Experiment and find things can actually work, well done.

Glad the Nikon 70-300 is a lot Smaller so I won't have to.

Last edited:
Seems to be working just fine :)

Yes the biggest problem i had today was camera shake,i need to change my sett up on it,possibly the highest ISO ime happy with, wide open and auto shutter speed,this one i lost to camera shake and could have gone with a faster shutter speed

DSC_3028.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set Barry :clap:

Mike it looking reedy good the biggest problem is camer shake. When I first got my V1 I tried my 400mm 2.8 with a 2 X TC in a hide on a tripod, boy did it bounce when someone moved about.;)

Nice set Barry :clap:

Mike it looking reedy good the biggest problem is camer shake. When I first got my V1 I tried my 400mm 2.8 with a 2 X TC in a hide on a tripod, boy did it bounce when someone moved about.;)

Thanks

Going to give it a bit longer but if its a problem i will stop being greedy and lock the lens at 500mm.

Bit more practice today with the Sigma but i don't think its going where i want it to.

DSC_3368.jpg

Bit more practice today with the Sigma but i don't think its going where i want it to.

View attachment 46941
thats a nice shot, looks sharp, why don't you like it?...do you have a 1.7 converter to try on the 300mm, it wont work on my V2,, thinking of sending this off to nikon for them to check it out..there is a prominent clicking noise, coming from adaptor when
mounted to some lenses...thanks.

thats a nice shot, looks sharp, why don't you like it?...do you have a 1.7 converter to try on the 300mm, it wont work on my V2,, thinking of sending this off to nikon for them to check it out..there is a prominent clicking noise, coming from adaptor when
mounted to some lenses...thanks.

Sorry i dont have the converter or 300mm lens,the problems are its too slow to focus and the focus area on the V2 finds it difficult to go between branches on trees,so its a bit frustrating.

Hi,

These are all Great shots.

To save all your Woes Mike have you ever thought about the 70-300 VR lens.

Expensive, though being Designed for the 1 Series they shouldn't be any problems.

Hi,

These are all Great shots.

To save all your Woes Mike have you ever thought about the 70-300 VR lens.

Expensive, though being Designed for the 1 Series they shouldn't be any problems.

Yes i did give it serious thought for a while but it would be a one camera lens,my main shooting is done on the D750 i sort of wanted this as a additional user.

Yes i did give it serious thought for a while but it would be a one camera lens,my main shooting is done on the D750 i sort of wanted this as a additional user.

Hi,

Know what you mean, already have a 5D MkIII with Telephoto options. Strangely the Nikon lens is like a Scaled down version of the Canon 70-300L in Design.

Regards

Hi,

Shot of a Grebe taken with the 70-300 Lens, just a Rough edit with Nikon NX-D Raw software and PSE 10.

1_DSC0462a.jpg

Back