nikon 18-55vr vs 18-105vr image quality ?

Edit My Images
Yes
hi

i was thinking of buying the 18-105vr (d90 kit lens) to use on my d60 , i've found quite alot recently when just having a walk round with my camera i could do with the extra versatilty of this lens

to fund this lens i would have to sell the 18-55 , so my question is would i be losing anything by selling this lens ? apart from the obvious difference in focal length are the optics as good/bad as the 18-55

thanks in advance

I find the 18-55 VR quite good, but the 18-105 VR should be better.

I do find the Nikon 18-70 DX to be clearly and noticable better than the 18-55 VR, so I can't see you are going to lose optically from this move.

if you are a looking for a little extra on either side, look at the 16-85mm vr...

The 16-85 VR is IMHO probably Nikon's best DX lens, but about £100 overpriced I think vs the alternaives (particularly the 18-70 DX which is stupidly cheap for those optics)

if you are a looking for a little extra on either side, look at the 16-85mm vr...

i did look at this lens and whilst i'm no expert and no very little about lenses it seems quite expensive for what it is , or am i missing something ?

thanks

Back