Nikon 2 year warranty pack

Name
Claire
Edit My Images
No
I bought my D90 in mid-Feb, registered it on the Nikon website to claim the extended 2-year warranty, etc. It says when you register that you will be sent a warranty pack within 28 days...

It's now May and I've not heard a peep. Should I be worried, or is this not something I need? I guess I can still claim if needs be, but I'm wondering what this "warranty pack" consists of!

Enlighten me please... :cautious:

Can't offer any adice except to drop Nikon an email asking what's happening since you've not received something you're supposed to.

I bought my D90 in mid-Feb, registered it on the Nikon website to claim the extended 2-year warranty, etc. It says when you register that you will be sent a warranty pack within 28 days...

It's now May and I've not heard a peep. Should I be worried, or is this not something I need? I guess I can still claim if needs be, but I'm wondering what this "warranty pack" consists of!

Enlighten me please... :cautious:

I'm not 100% sure - the pack for my D300 arrived about 8 or nine months after I bough the camera and had it recorded as a D200 with same serial number but bought 3 months before the D300 was launched. Phoned up Homeserve, the company who provide the 2nd year warranty on Nikon cameras and was told an amended pack would be sent right out - that was back in August 2008, it still hasn't arrived.....

mine arrived for a d300 I bought in August today. Himeserve ain't great and mine lasts till 2020 according to the paperwork

Hugh

you have reminded me that i haven't received my pack yet, i purchased my D90 and registered on-line in early March-nothing yet.

time for a email to Nikon UK.

Thanks

jim

mine arrived for a d300 I bought in August today. Himeserve ain't great and mine lasts till 2020 according to the paperwork

Hugh

:D Not a bad deal you got there!

OK, so it sounds like this isn't out of the ordinary then... I may wait a bit longer. Thanks for the replies. :)

Hmmm, that reminds me, I bought in December and haven't had anything!

I bought my D90 back in January had no idea you had to register on line for the 2 year warranty :thinking: I thought it was 2 years based on your retail purchase receipt and proof of purchase :wacky:

I assume I should get on line toot-sweet...

Maybe I should start reading the gumf that comes with these things! I think I have probably said that before as well.

Kevin.

I bought my D90 back in January had no idea you had to register on line for the 2 year warranty :thinking: I thought it was 2 years based on your retail purchase receipt and proof of purchase :wacky:

I assume I should get on line toot-sweet...

Maybe I should start reading the gumf that comes with these things! I think I have probably said that before as well.

Kevin.

You need to register within 30 days of purchase according to the Nikon website it's also very easy to miss how to register. Check out the site and follow all the instructions to the letter they certainly don't make it easy for us:shake: I decided to take out the 3rd year warranty for £108 it seems like a good scheme as it also covers accidental damage and theft for the 3 years (y) .I done it over the phone with homeserve and recieved all the policy details within 2 weeks so hopefully i'm covered for the next 3 years:shrug: Might be worth a phone call rather than trying to do it online,best of luck (y)

Regards Lee.

My letter and bits from homeserve arrived within about 2 weeks after I registered my D300 so I would def give them a call/email to find out why you haven't received anything yet

i bought my d300 end may 2008 my extended warranty arrived a week ago and is also valid till 2020

Hugh
I thought mine was till 2020 too, but the summary reads
" Period of free insurance 20/04/2009 to 15/05/20 "
Obviously I can fill the appropriate year in as I wish!
Mine came within a few weeks, my latest summary came last week.
Allan

Not had anything for my D40 yet, bought it back in Oct last year and registered on-line within a few days of getting it.
Best e-mail them I guess.

I've never had anything sent from Nikon regarding the extended warranty thing, although everything has been Registered within the timeframe.

Still waiting for the D700 paperwork from July 2008, and the D60 paperwork from March 2008!

Apparently this is quite normal - HomeServe are a shower anyhow - when I tried to phone up to Register my D700 in July 2008 they'd never heard of it :)

I've never had anything sent from Nikon regarding the extended warranty thing, although everything has been Registered within the timeframe.

Same here, nothing received for any of the D40, D90 and D700 bodies I've bought and registered within the timeframe. :shrug:

Thanks for reminding me to send my registration off! Better get on the case sooner rather than later by the looks of things...

You need to register within 30 days of purchase according to the Nikon website it's also very easy to miss how to register.
Regards Lee.

thanks Lee

What a mug, should really read this stuff but never do :rules: :bang:

I have been and registered tonight, it didn't do anything unusual :thinking: or give me any naughty boy messages so fingers crossed I get my warranty pack with 2 years!

Or better still 2020 like some of the lucky :nikon: folks on the forum.

Cheers Kevin

Back