nikon 50mm f1.8D???

Name
Anthony Gibson
Edit My Images
Yes
does anyone know where if anywhere has this lens in stock? ive ordered one from bristol cameras but ive had an email today saying that they haven't got any and neither have there supplyers and they dont know when they will be getting any, so if someone knows of somewhere that has one or more in stock please can you tell me.

Thanks
Gibbo.

Last edited:
I contacted my local camera shop yesterday and apparently these are in short supply, many shops have them on backorder.

Very popular lens.

yeah i found one site about an hour ago and it was in stock but up for £108:eek::eek: looks like ill have to wait for my new toy then. :(

think i may have to ring around to see if i can get hold of one or even see if i can get a used one but i always miss the ones on here.lol

There's a link on the Walters page for them to email you. I would think they'd get stock as soon as anyone, but may have more people in the queue, due to the competitive price.

I was thinking of ordering fron CameraBox a fortnight ago, but their site said stock due on the 16th (currently says 30th) and they went from being cheapest in the UK to 12% more than Walters for what I was after.

well ive registered with the email thing now. thanks

only reason a ordered from bristol cameras because i have a £20 voucher from them, which means i would get the 50 for £75 delivered.

is their no ebay shop selling one? maybe a long shot but worth a try? failing that try the bigger stores, somewhere like Jessops and check all local stores

had a quick look on ebay but most were from hong kong and i want a uk one if i can get one.

I'm going to hold off on the 50mm f/1.8 - just bought its 85mm brother!

Spent a good while today trying to find anything in stock - took a phone call to Walters to find the 85mm.

there seems to be nothing in stock at the moment must have something to do with all the companies going bust at the minute, what a depressing time.

I ordered one from Warehouse Express shortly before Christmas though they were out of stock at the time (everywhere seemed to be). Anyway they had the best price but no anticipated arrival date, 5 working days later the lens was on it's way to me.

Nice surprise and excellent service.

Just checked their site though and the price has gone up again and there's something on there about a Nikon supply problem.

Any chance that Nikon are about to release an updated version of this lens?

I popped into Jessops in Reading today after this exact same lens. The lass i spoke to said there's been a bit of trouble recently with Nikon and there's quite a bag log on orders. That and the 50mm F1.8 seems to be rather popular and is even harder to come by at the moment.

Back