Beginner Nikon 70-200 F2.8 vrII vs Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG OS Lens

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I currently have a nikon D600 FF and looking to buy a 70-200 F2.8 lens

I currently have a tamron 70-300 F4-F5.6 which is performs brilliant But i know the F2.8 will just outperform it.

There is a big price difference between the Nikon and Sigma 70-200 F2.8, i know the sigma was 2010 realease? But in regards to performance and image quality is it worth spending the extra £400-500 for the nikon lens?

TIA

Hi.

I've never used either of those lenses, but thought I'd throw another great option in, which is an incredibly good lens, at a fraction of the price of the ones you mentioned.

The nikon Nikkor 70-210mm f/4 is tack sharp with a good auto focus and you can pick it up second hand for very little. It has a solid build, too. I knmow it's not as fast as an f/2.8, but at f/4, it's faster than most in it's price range and the performance is just unreal for the price. Plus, with it being a constant f/4, you'll notice a big difference between that and your Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6.

Just thought I'd mention it, as it's a great lens. You can pick it up on eBay for under £150, which is amazing for a lens of this quality. (Be sure to look at the f/4 constant though and not the f/4-5.6).

In any case, good luck with your lens search!

I have had both lenses twice, the Sigma was very soft wide open and would front and back focus depending on the focal length on both the copies I had.

The Nikon is excellent, great rendering and very reliable in terms of a.f.

Another option would be the Tamron 70-200 either of the V.C versions are very good. The old non V.C version isn’t.

The Nikon is the best choice although will likely be more expensive.

Last edited:
Back