Nikon D2h puzzle

Edit My Images
No
Hi All, I originally posted this on Nikoncafe but, being American biased the're so far up there own "olympic" bums I can't get a responce:)(not that we're envious or anything;))lol. Anyway I have a Sigma 28-70 f2.8 lens that when placed on #1 of my nikon D2h's focuses & locks on as normal!!, However, when i place the lens on my #2nd D2h it will not "hunt" focus and requires a few presses on Either(vertical/AF-on/usual shutter button)to aquire focus??. Both cameras have the same settings & both cameras work well with my 70-200 & 300 f2.8 lenses?. How can this be a lens issue? or if it's a camera issue why would the other 2 lenses work so well?. Yours very confused. Graham

have you tried www.nikonians.org yet ? you may get something there .
Thanks for the link, I've posted it on there,(y)
Thinking about the problem last night though, I think it could be the camera's AF motor getting tired, as both the tele lenses have built in motors to drive focusing, but the short zoom relies on the camera for focus drive:(. Kind regards Graham.

You could try cleaning the contacts in the lens mount on both the body and lens?

Get some surgical spirit from Tesco and some cotton buds, you'll be suprised by how much manky black stuff you can get off.

You could try cleaning the contacts in the lens mount on both the body and lens?

Get some surgical spirit from Tesco and some cotton buds, you'll be suprised by how much manky black stuff you can get off.

i was thinking the same as andy ,, may be dirty contacts

Back