Nikon D3 and CLS

Edit My Images
No
I've been playing with my D3 tonight and CLS with 2 SB-800s. I have the on camera set to Master, and the second Sb-800 set to Remote on Channel A.

When I used to use this setup on my D200 I can remember a very specific pre-flash sequence, that doesn't seem to be there on the D3. The setup seems to work well, when i change the flash compensation on the master down foe example, you can see the change in the lighting on the subject, and so it's definately doing what it should, but I was wondering if the D3 just ets the Sb800s to send the preflashes quicker than the d200:shrug::shrug:

I was thinking of getting an Su-800 to eliminate the preflashes, but based on what I've seen tonight I will get another SB800 instead.

Any comments appreciated

I havent tried this CLS setup on my D3 yet. I just upgraded from a D200 (as you did) and I always found the SB800s to be frusterating to work with. The Master con camera flash was fine and simple, but the off camera flash would absolutly have to be in the immediate area in clear view, otherwise, it wouldnt trigger.

Now I stick with one SB800, a Quantum 2x2 Turbo, and Gary Fong's Lightsphere.
http://store.garyfonginc.com/ls2-clear-more.html

Back