nikon d3 ?

Name
Alex james
Edit My Images
Yes
hello all,

right today my dad told me that he was upgrading his gear in march and said i could have one of his d3. at the moment i have a nikon d5000 this would be a huge step, i want to follow in his footsteps being a photographer. so my question is do you think i should leave it at the side untill i improve then move onto it ? :thinking:

alex

haha i did just think i mite relie on the camera more than me :/

Quicker you get into it and use its features the better, why wait if it's being given to you?

Great camera - only consideration is that when you are shooting sport your D5000 has a crop sensor and so your images will be closer to the action on it compared to the D3 when using the same lens with it's full frame sensor. However the better image quality may enable you to crop closer in post processing (especially at night) so i'd probably say a free D3 is impossible to turn down and if you've got it use it!

I'm with Hugh on this one, I would've snatched it off his hands as soon as he said that!

I presume you drive a car, if you can drive Mondeo, you can drive a Bentley, you just need to learn to use the controls thats all, go for it mate and post up a pic of your smile when you use it (y)

Phil.

Do it Alex. I went froma d80 to a D300 to a D3 in a short time. Embrace the challenge of mastering it. It will hold your hand and help you along the way. (y)

Kev.

thanks for feebback also didnt want to be the one who has all the gear and no idea ! (y) no he is getting a 1new d3s and 1 d3x :)

cant wait tooo get it noww !

alex !

If you dont get it, you will never get an idea!

thanks for feebback also didnt want to be the one who has all the gear and no idea ! (y) no he is getting a 1new d3s and 1 d3x :)

cant wait tooo get it noww !

alex !

Not sure, but I think the Sigma version is a DX crop lens?

Back