Nikon D300 help

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up a used D300 a few days ago and today was my first time out with it.I took pics of a grey heron, kingfisher and probably the most nothern nuthatch.Anyway i thought i had adjusted all the settings i needed but when i download them into CS3 the pics are all thumbnail size ( 160-120 --300dpi).

First of all can these be recovered? Secondly i thought my camera settings were for Raw ( which its is ) and pics size to large, but on the camera the Image Size part isnt highlighted for me to access it--to the right is a box with the letter " L " in it, my 4Gb card only takes 197 pics in the set size so whats going on?

Sounds to me as if you adobe raw is the wrong version, you need at least 4.3 for the D300

Update your adobe raw in CS3 and it should be fine. It's not the camera.

Open cs3

help

about plugins

camera raw
will show version

Got it sorted now?

Did you do this

To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:

1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Note: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

Important: Purging the Central Cache deletes cached thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files (for example, files on a CD or locked files) or file formats that don't have XMP support.

NP Enjoy the D300:)

Back