Nikon D3S Fault

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Noticed this the last couple of times I have had it out:

It seems to freeze, even when I turn off and back on it does not turn off. The only way to 'reset' is to remove and re-insert battery which brings it back to normal. When it freezes, it is fully unresponsive. Does the same with different lenses. Probably had to pull the battery out 10 times in an hour the other day to continue using.

Anyone experienced this problem on this model before? Suspect it may be a dry joint somewhere on the board so unsure how repairable this would be...........

Thanks.

Well Well Well , I am never to old to learn , I did not know this so thanks for sharing

Just tried it - never knew that. Took a few shots and it froze again though....................

Have you tried it with a different lens , battery, memory card ?
Cleaned the lens mount contacts etc ?

Have you tried using a different battery and memory card(s) ... depending on the result you may be able to narrow the problem down to being a bad card or battery.

Last edited:
Yes, have swapped out all swapable bits which is why I am suspecting some sort of fault on the board. I can still use it, just have to quickly disengage battery and then I can continue. Time between freezes varies - not ideal and may get worse...............

Not got a copy of that manual (but I'll bet it's available online).

Well well well. Just been using it on and off for over 1 hour and not 1 issue since I did the firmware update! Coincidence or cure?? Thanks for the tips, appreciated.

Well well well. Just been using it on and off for over 1 hour and not 1 issue since I did the firmware update! Coincidence or cure?? Thanks for the tips, appreciated.

Glad it worked for you :)

I would have to guess coincidence.
I can't see firmware released over 4 yrs ago for minor fixes rectifying what seems to be a pretty significant issue that has just recently developed... but hopefully I'm wrong.

Just the 'kick' it needed to restore equilibrium would be my guess. :)

Noticed this the last couple of times I have had it out:

It seems to freeze, even when I turn off and back on it does not turn off. The only way to 'reset' is to remove and re-insert battery which brings it back to normal. When it freezes, it is fully unresponsive. Does the same with different lenses. Probably had to pull the battery out 10 times in an hour the other day to continue using.

Anyone experienced this problem on this model before? Suspect it may be a dry joint somewhere on the board so unsure how repairable this would be...........

Thanks.

This has happened a couple of times with my D750. Same thing, only way to “fix” it is to remove the battery.

Back