Nikon D3xxx owners thread

Has anyone used an AF-P lens with the older models like the D3200 or D5200, I am still unsure about how well it works as the nikon site says there are limitations with the older bodies
no but you cant turn the VR off I believe, not sure if any other problems as such

no but you cant turn the VR off I believe, not sure if any other problems as such
Hmmm, I'm not sure weather I would have a reason to turn VR off at these focal lengths anyway. After some further reading, apparently it tries to reacquire focus if it goes into standby after you've locked focus and wake it again. Could be irritating, but not something I would expect to cause a problem very often. I might try jessops on friday to see if they can let me have a go with an AF-P lens on my body.

Hmmm, I'm not sure weather I would have a reason to turn VR off at these focal lengths anyway. After some further reading, apparently it tries to reacquire focus if it goes into standby after you've locked focus and wake it again. Could be irritating, but not something I would expect to cause a problem very often. I might try jessops on friday to see if they can let me have a go with an AF-P lens on my body.
good idea.where do you live?suffolk,ok saw that :)

If I'm happy with the AF-P focusing, I will likely buy the 70-300mm this weekend as it's got some very good reviews for a lens with that focal range. I get frustrated using the MF on the old nikon AF I have at the moment.
yes its a great little lens.focussing was very nippy

the 55-200 vrii is a good lens also but of the 2 the xtra 100mm of the 70-300 was useful and focus was a tad quicker on my 3400
I have a 70 - 300 too but never find the need for the extra reach.

I am still annoyed that I sold my 55-200, I sold it when I got rid of my old D60 and D80 and a few other bits. What is worst, is when I think about the silly low price I sold it all for. The 55-200 would have been superb on the D3300. But I needed a little extra cash at the time. :(

I am still annoyed that I sold my 55-200, I sold it when I got rid of my old D60 and D80 and a few other bits. What is worst, is when I think about the silly low price I sold it all for. The 55-200 would have been superb on the D3300. But I needed a little extra cash at the time. :(
You can pick it up from mpb for under £200, not sure how much it is new as I haven't looked at that lens, just noticed it while skimming through today.

Would you guys say the 17-300 on d3300 is overkill? I was contemplating going up to 200 but I spoke to a friend that recommended the 17-300.

I'm planning on renting it from LensForHire but wanted some opinions too?

Would you guys say the 17-300 on d3300 is overkill? I was contemplating going up to 200 but I spoke to a friend that recommended the 17-300.

I'm planning on renting it from LensForHire but wanted some opinions too?
It depends on your subject.
I don't do wildlife or birds on sticks :)

I have only the stock 18-55 and I would like to get more zoom, but I saw from the review that when you got over 200mm start to loose, so I was thinking to get a 200mm instead

... and what your subject is.

What are you thinking of, subject wise?

Ok, one more question there is a lot of difference between VR and VR II?
I think it's about two stops of a benefit.
Two stops for VR, four stops for VRII, according to Nikon.

1 stop is the difference between adjacent values of aperture or shutter speed.
So, 1/125 to 1/60 is one stop, or 1/125 to 1/250; f4 to f5.6 or f4 to f2.8 for aperture.

Back