Nikon D3xxx owners thread

Not only would I like that zoom lens above, I would also love a flash gun. I borrowed a Nikon SB 900 and after using it, I wanted one. So many camera related stuff I want, but too many household bills and limited cash. :(
Know the feeling ... but the standard reply about flashes at the moment tends to be ... not Nikon (or Canon / Sony / etc) but buy Godox. Not the cheapest but a versatile system. Buy once, buy right...

Something I find with telephoto lenses is I tend to use them at max length so think I might be better served with a prime ,say 300mm

Know the feeling ... but the standard reply about flashes at the moment tends to be ... not Nikon (or Canon / Sony / etc) but buy Godox. Not the cheapest but a versatile system. Buy once, buy right...
I may buy a flash at some point in the very distant future, but for now... Too many kitchen gadgets need replacing first. :(

19084-1505926509-38d516fa70f0f3f11ad82cec54a836e7.jpg

Well I am going to put the Tamron 28-300 on my D3300 and have another crack at manual focus. Going to have another try at the focus ring scale. I have tried to judge the distance, but been pretty much hit and miss.

19084-1505926509-38d516fa70f0f3f11ad82cec54a836e7.jpg

Well I am going to put the Tamron 28-300 on my D3300 and have another crack at manual focus. Going to have another try at the focus ring scale. I have tried to judge the distance, but been pretty much hit and miss.
Have you tried relying on the focus indicator in the bottom left of the VF? When you are in focus at the chose focus point a little circle appears on the left of the meter information bar.

Have you tried relying on the focus indicator in the bottom left of the VF? When you are in focus at the chose focus point a little circle appears on the left of the meter information bar.
Yes been trying that and it is very tedious, plus it is very very sensitive. A very very minuscule either way and it takes it way out of focus. Slow breathing and holding breath plus subject inert, takes an age to hit focus. Oh well, time to take it off the camera, and back into the cupboard.

Yes been trying that and it is very tedious, plus it is very very sensitive. A very very minuscule either way and it takes it way out of focus. Slow breathing and holding breath plus subject inert, takes an age to hit focus. Oh well, time to take it off the camera, and back into the cupboard.
I have the same frustrations with my nikon AF lens that only works in MF on my body, the main reason for getting a new zoom lens that works with AF-S.

Hahaha. Was trying to read some reviews on Three Legged Thing tripods (Corey model) and all I could see was notifications coming in from you guys.

Not only would I like that zoom lens above, I would also love a flash gun. I borrowed a Nikon SB 900 and after using it, I wanted one. So many camera related stuff I want, but too many household bills and limited cash. :(
But do you really need one? How many times would you use it?

Or would it just sit in a cupboard?

But do you really need one? How many times would you use it?

Or would it just sit in a cupboard?
No of course I do not need the above, it is just a want. It is purely for interest and a hobby to while away the time. I would only need the above items if it were to aid an income. With more thought and effort, I suppose I could achieve better results, by looking at subjects more thoughtfully. :)

No of course I do not need the above, it is just a want. It is purely for interest and a hobby to while away the time. I would only need the above items if it were to aid an income. With more thought and effort, I suppose I could achieve better results, by looking at subjects more thoughtfully. :)
It was just in case you were suffering from GAS :)

Anyway back on track, D /threads/all-nikon-d3300-d3400-d5200-d5300-d5500-d5600- topics.

I am off out today as I have a medical appointment in the City Centre (Liverpool), I will be driving in so I can take a camera and camera bag. So I might take the D3300, just wondering if I should stick on the 35mm or the kit lens to get the 24mm length? Still got a few hours to decide, not setting off till afternoon. I am keeping an eye on the sky, it just might rain. :(

I'm not too far away in Wilmslow.. Looking out the window at "work" as the rain starts to roll in..

Hope the Dr's goes well.

Does not look like I will be taking the D3300 out with me then. Absolutely pouring down here now. I might take the little Canon compact with me and put it in a little plastic bag, so hopefully it wont get wet.

Does not look like I will be taking the D3300 out with me then. Absolutely pouring down here now. I might take the little Canon compact with me and put it in a little plastic bag, so hopefully it wont get wet.
Try for some reflections...

Back