Nikon D3xxx owners thread

Has anyone bought aftermarket batteries for a d3400 ? I usually buy ex-pro but they don't list them

Thanks Al - might give that a shot as then atleast my eldest will have a back up.

PS - he was wowed by the quality of the video and the mic on the d3400 compared to his d3100. He has a GoPro hero 5 black too ( when he remembers to charge the batteries :thinking: )

I was lucky enough to get the deal on the D3300, came with a spare battery and bag. :)

And me - about three D3300s ago. Have bought a few more batteries since though! :)

Last edited:
On the battery front I can vouch for the Topmax range on Amazon, I bought a load of these for my Canon G7x and they work perfectly!

Aww, this thread is dwindling a little. :(

I too am guilty of not contributing a great deal..

I did use the D3300 to do a few video clips this morning. I posted in the Video section, but maybe I should have posted it here instead. It probably would have been better of in this section, as nobody seems to reply over in the video forum.

In movie settings, I turned manual movie setting to ON. I did not realise it was possible to alter so much, even the ISO is manually adjustable in movie mode. It is even possible to alter these settings while recording is in progress. Pretty happy with the video that came out of the camera.

Just been trying some older lenses on my D3300, but this time with the Rangefinder mode enabled. Stuck on an old Tamron zoom, and also the Nikon 50mm 1.8 D. A bit of a faff, twiddling the focus ring. But I managed to nail the focus pretty good. Only thing is, it is sooooo slow. It would be pretty tricky for moving subjects. It was just something to do, for a few hours this afternoon.

I have opted to stick the 35mm 1.8G on, and stuck the neck strap on. I am going to start carrying the camera around my neck, sod people if they look and stare. :)

Pain in the bum with the D3300, is no face detection while in normal shooting mode, only live view. Also no continuous self timer, have to re set after each shot. I think it is just three shots max, at self timer setting.

20008-1528106796-6f4fae6b0eeec233dbf495329656f14f.jpg

Just a quick snap with the D3300 and the 35mm 1.8G. I was tidying up, and moved the camera. So decided to fire off a quick photo, without looking at the last set settings. It had been left in Jpeg, and IS0 800.

Not used the Nikon in ages, as my Canon compact is now my preferred choice.

20023-1528567842-161c069c36b12cd2a2372a40e3553454.jpg

Dusted down the Nikon D3300 and 35mm 1.8G lens, so I could take a photo of my current fun camera above. Did not really need to dust my equipment down, I look after them pretty well. All boxed away safely, until next needed. :)

Dancin' the Shag. (Collegiate Shag)
Taken directly under a red spotlight so I made it black and white. The two dancers are lilting to the right of the picture to music at about 200bpm.June 18_10 4.jpg

D3500 released and no one noticed. It looks like it has less buttons but they claim to have improved sensor performance again. Can't see a liveview button or function button (which will be a bit annoying). The 3300 or 3400 might be easier to use in manual.

Well if they have improved the d3500 over the D3300/3400 it must be on par with the d7200 as those were only a tad if at all behind.

Yes, the sensor is rather good- perhaps they have changed the processing which would explain the increased shot count. It is at the right price point, 500 dollars, and released in time for Christmas. Good move by Nikon. I doubt most users will go beyond the automatic and scene modes so they won't miss the extra buttons.

Hi everyone,

Been a long long time since I posted here. Hope you’re all keeping well and still representing the d3300... I know I am [emoji23][emoji24]

Back