Nikon D3xxx owners thread

Hi everyone,

Been a long long time since I posted here. Hope you’re all keeping well and still representing the d3300... I know I am [emoji23][emoji24]
Not posted in this section in a while myself also, been too busy with my Canon compact. (y)

PS

Seems people are not bothering anymore...

Last edited:
Although I have been using my compact a lot lately, I still love my D3300. Just the Nikon is too bulky, to take out daily.

Last edited:
Just been using the D3300 and the kit lens around the house, still very impressed by the IQ of the combination.
At the moment I am preferring the kit lens over the 35mm 1.8G. Strange maybe, but true.

Last edited:
I know I have got all the stuff I want, but I still keep looking. Keep getting an urge, for another camera....
i feel your Gas,im so glad mine has gone now.i can concentrate on improving my photography now,lost all interest in looking for another camera,at last :D

i feel your Gas,im so glad mine has gone now.i can concentrate on improving my photography now,lost all interest in looking for another camera,at last :D
I want something for close ups at the moment, can't get close enough to the insects and plants in the garden. Also want a longer zoom... :(

A set of macro extension tubes costs £40 off amazon and will work with the kit lens (as long as you get the ones with contacts).

Although I've got a 2.8 zoom my D3400 is rather good with the AF-P lens. Very fast to focus to.

A set of macro extension tubes costs £40 off amazon and will work with the kit lens (as long as you get the ones with contacts).

Although I've got a 2.8 zoom my D3400 is rather good with the AF-P lens. Very fast to focus to.
or that Raynox thing.what length long one 70-300 AFp is pretty good otherwise 200-500?

Ta, will be having a nosey...Feel like treating myself, to something. :)

20405-1540021813-307dc9061a2ce15c98e7942ebd67bde4.jpg

Result in going for the paper, and taking the camera out. Trying to look for something to photograph, and trying to read the paper.
Stuck the 35mm back on, I really do want to love this lens.

Last edited:
happy with my 70-300, bought a mint version off of MBP saving 1/3rd off new.

bought a used 35mm 1.8 for a couple of outings love the ability to blow out the background compared to the kit lens at 35mm

Last edited:
happy with my 70-300, bought a mint version off of MBP saving 1/3rd off new.

bought a used 35mm 1.8 for a couple of outings love the ability to blow out the background compared to the kit lens at 35mm
I was looking on their site the other day, I was going to make a purchase. Torn between another lens, or an old higher end body. The latter, mainly to bring my old lenses back into use.

D7000 sounds ok,just be aware with some there were focussing issues,dont think it was many but google it
Yes I know, those issues are mentioned on this forum. That is one of the reasons I was veering towards the D90. I am not desperate for a body, for the sake of another camera. More for the fact I have some lenses that I loved using when I had my D80. I want to use those lenses again, so even a cheap and cheerful body will do. Providing it has the focus motor drive, of course.

Been out doing some early morning photos, with the D3300 and the 35mm lens. I must admit, the 35mm feels a little strange at times. I actually prefer the 18-55 kit lens, while doing photos on the street. Preferring either wider or longer than 35mm. :thinking:

Been out doing some early morning photos, with the D3300 and the 35mm lens. I must admit, the 35mm feels a little strange at times. I actually prefer the 18-55 kit lens, while doing photos on the street. Preferring either wider or longer than 35mm. :thinking:
I was the same

Oh well, yet again taking the 35mm off, and sticking the very capable kit lens back on. It is just so much more useful, for everyday situations'.

Oh well, yet again taking the 35mm off, and sticking the very capable kit lens back on. It is just so much more useful, for everyday situations'.
im always tempted by primes but then find i prefer the zooms,dont think theres much in the way of missed IQ and im not bothered about the other benefits,ie bad light and SDOF

im always tempted by primes but then find i prefer the zooms,dont think theres much in the way of missed IQ and im not bothered about the other benefits,ie bad light and SDOF
The 35mm is not at it's best wide open, photos look pretty good at somewhere about f/4. The kit lens at f/4 and f/5.6 is very good. So keeping the kit lens on for a little longer.

I will probably stick the 35mm back on, when I do head and shoulders of the missus. But there again the kit lens at 55mm and f/5.6 is pretty decent. Providing there is enough light of course.

20515-1541794114-6e24a22ebe2aaf198222c86a1ce3f171.jpg

Still using your cameras? I have neglected mine a little, not used it in a little while. Stuck in the corner of the room, just noticed it has the 35mm stuck on it. Can't even remember putting the prime back on.
Over the next few days, I am going to start using it again.

20515-1541794114-6e24a22ebe2aaf198222c86a1ce3f171.jpg

Still using your cameras? I have neglected mine a little, not used it in a little while. Stuck in the corner of the room, just noticed it has the 35mm stuck on it. Can't even remember putting the prime back on.
Over the next few days, I am going to start using it again.
this is almost like a religious awakening,im sure through the d3/5 series we can realize God within :ROFLMAO:

Severn Bridge. Right place, right time, need to learn how to take pictures of sunsets (mostly overexposed).Severn Bridge Small.jpg

Had a nice morning, taking photos of the wildlife. Stuck and old 28-300mm zoom lens on the D3300. Tried getting squirrels and birds in trees, and seagulls flying over head. Not one photo was in focus. The lens does not focus with the D3300, so it was tricky manual focusing. It was still a fun morning, at least I did not waste a couple of rolls of film.

Back