NIKON D4 announced

Anyone shot any video with the D4 yet? Lots of things are saying it's very soft but I wonder how bad it is or these people just nit-picking.

Keep saying it. Andy might just order one then. ;):D

Kev.
My wallet is going to hate you before long Kev. :D

So yesterday I gave the D4 a run out in the studio. Probably should have sent some time setting it up but I just got fired into it.

Its pretty much good to go out of the box.

The most important thing I found was the positioning of the shutter, its perfectly placed. I used to 'pull' the d700 trigger and sometime introduce camera shake, none of that with this.

Impressed anyway, this is one from today http://500px.com/photo/8627947

Much to my surprise, the D4 is now showing as "in stock" at a number of retailers, now all Nikon UK need to do is to reverse their blatent price gouge - bet they won't until after the Olypmics though!

Much to my surprise, the D4 is now showing as "in stock" at a number of retailers, now all Nikon UK need to do is to reverse their blatent price gouge - bet they won't until after the Olypmics though!
Would be nice if it did go down after the Olympics. :)

My sticking point is still the reports of very bad video quality out of the D4. :(

I have just had a call from our good friends over at Jessops (only 6 months later) to say my order for the D4 has arrived.

Hopefully it should be in my hands in a day or so!!!

So I got my D4 yesterday and the battery took forever to charge therefore have not really used it much (took about 10 shots) but on first impressions it does not feel as solid as my D3S. However, I am looking forward to using it in low light!

I have a question for the D4 owners. When you press the shutter, can you feel the shutter/mirror open and close through the body? because on mine you can, but on the d3s you cannot feel a thing. I just wanted to know whether this was normal?

It was about 10 shots taken over a few minutes. it was not continuous shooting

It may not even be a problem and may just be how the camera is, hence why I am asking other d4 owners if they have experienced the same comparing it to the d3s

You can feel it, but it's not a problem or a fault. I had the D3s and I hadn't noticed any difference, until you commented.
I have to disagree about it not feeling as solid though. Apart from being a little lighter (which I noticed straight away when picking it up), I find that it's typical Nikon pro body build.
Could kill a burglar with it.

Kev.

Seems to be in stock in a few places unlike the 1Dx.

Hi Kev

Thanks for letting me know. Feel better now that I know its not just mine. I spoke to Nikon today and they tested theirs to confirm there is slight vibration in the body.

Cant wait to test it fully at the weekend!:)

Hi Kev

Thanks for letting me know. Feel better now that I know its not just mine. I spoke to Nikon today and they tested theirs to confirm there is slight vibration in the body.

Cant wait to test it fully at the weekend!:)

you'll love it. Even more than the D3s. ;) (I never ever thought that I would say that!)

Kev.

No Dan, not on mine anyway.

Kev.

Cheers Kev. I seem to be a bit unlucky with hot pixels, even if it's only one this time. Not letting this cam go though, so it will find its way to Nikon soon to get pixel-remapped.

Back