NIKON D4 announced

You off to the loop then ? D4 IN HAND ? either way hope the weathers good

You off to the loop then ? D4 IN HAND ? either way hope the weathers good

I would love to be saying yes to that Ray, but I need to actually get it in my hands first. :)
Hopefully, that MAY happen today. But as I have said all the time, I will believe it when it happens! :D

Kev.

Weathers pants here in north wales today. Bet if it turns up it will be around 5pm.

I want an unboxing video....

Well, now I believe it!!! Sat in Bella Italia with a D4 next to me!
The staff at Birmingham Jessops have been superb!
Many thanks to them all.
I just want to get home and get the battery charged now!
Oh, it did come with the memory card and reader.

Kev.

kevshore said:
Many thanks to them all.

Kev.

Good stuff, glad you finally got your hands on it and it still came with the XQD! :)

i dont use the card reader, I configured a network profile to ftp straight to my pc.

you take the pic.
camera uploads it to pc.
camera deletes the pic.
awesome fully automatic upload and delete process!

You mean you didn't take a car charger with you...

Many thanks to them all.

Kev.

At last Kev Shore has at last got his new toy , enjoy it mate and see you next week :clap:

You see boys and girls the D4 is at last getting to these Shore's
bum bum " its the way i tell em " :D

Nice pun

That's great news Kev. I am happy for you (and jealous). Let me know what you think of it once you have had a play. I still don't know if I will get one myself as it's a case of either ordering from Asia or waiting months! Hmmm.

Thanks guys. I've only just got in. Feeling crap. Got the mother of colds! :bang:
Been a long day. 300 mile round trip. Was it worth it? Oh yes! :love: I've put both batteries on charge and hopefully I'll get the chance to have a play tomorrow.
Initial thoughts. It's lighter than the D3s. The LCD is bigger and clearer. Thats all I can say at the moment.
But, I will say that all of the staff at Temple Road Jessops in Birmingham have been superb. Seriously, they have. I will happily drive the 150 miles to give them my business again. It's not like a 'normal' Jessops that I have experienced in the past. They know/care about what they are doing. :clap::clap:

Kev.

Thanks guys. I've only just got in. Feeling crap. Got the mother of colds! :bang:
Been a long day. 300 mile round trip. Was it worth it? Oh yes! :love: I've put both batteries on charge and hopefully I'll get the chance to have a play tomorrow.
Initial thoughts. It's lighter than the D3s. The LCD is bigger and clearer. Thats all I can say at the moment.
But, I will say that all of the staff at Temple Road Jessops in Birmingham have been superb. Seriously, they have. I will happily drive the 150 miles to give them my business again. It's not like a 'normal' Jessops that I have experienced in the past. They know/care about what they are doing. :clap::clap:

Kev.

Eh hem! :p
I think you are missing someone off that list :)

lol, only messing mate, finally glad to hear you have finally got it! Its been a while!

Eh hem! :p
I think you are missing someone off that list :)

lol, only messing mate, finally glad to hear you have finally got it! Its been a while!

Jamie i think she's got man flu and taken himself ( and new camera ) to bed lol :D

Jamie i think she's got man flu and taken himself ( and new camera ) to bed lol :D

haha lmao I can totally believe that!

Hopefully he'll have fun using it tho it's been a long time in the making lol

You are absolutely right mate!! If it wasn't for you, I would be financially better off!! :thinking::thinking::D

Kev.

Hahaha lol. All the money you saved on your camera on your business account was wasted thrasing that Z4M down the motorway to Birmingham :p

Asif you havent posted a picture yet. Why do these people give D4's to people with patience and not to those without!

dannyrich said:
Asif you havent posted a picture yet. Why do these people give D4's to people with patience and not to those without!

Because we are out using them right now. Even though I feel like s***.
The ability to use a 200-400mm with a 2 x converter and get instant focus is just amazing. Totally worth it for me now.
Well done Nikon.
Today is just a learning day.

Kev.

The ability to use a 200-400mm with a 2 x converter and get instant focus is just amazing. Totally worth it for me now.
Well done Nikon.

Kev.

:D

Damn you - enjoy!

Well done Nikon.

Kev.
The improved focus ability with f4 telephotos and converters is the single best improvement!

(y)(y)Well today is a great day(y)(y)
:clap:
IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Well a big thank you to all the jessops staff :wave: looks like more are getting there as they had a D800 also in for a customer.

(y)(y)Well today is a great day(y)(y)
IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Well a big thank you to all the jessops staff :wave: looks like more are getting there as they had a D800 also in for a customer.

Nice one.

When did you order?

You must be one of the lucky 4 - Im one of the unlucky 93 lol. They say they are getting more next week.

Last edited:
I ordered mine way back when you could first pre order and yes it's has been a wait, yours will come.

As did I, 10th Jan. They tell me im near the top and they only receive a couple per week. Would be good if they could just give me it, sick of moaning.

yeah I was the same, and could not wait for mine, but it will come there getting a few each week try to find out where u are on the list.

yeah I was the same, and could not wait for mine, but it will come there getting a few each week try to find out where u are on the list.

Ordered on 10th, they said i was very early and should be next couple of weeks.

I ordered mine on March 4th. I've had it two weeks now. There really doesn't seem to be any order of delivery.

They keep telling me that it is chronological and that it has nothing to do with paying or otherwise as i offered to pay in full now.

Back