Nikon D5 announced

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, if you can call it an announcement.
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce that it is developing the Nikon D5 digital SLR camera, which represents the next generation of professional Nikon FX-format models.

The new Wireless Transmitter WT-6 and Speedlight SB-5000, which will be positioned at the top of Nikon's Speedlight lineup, are also being developed.

Through the combination of this next-generation professional camera offering an even higher level of performance, these advanced accessories and the rich lineup of existing NIKKOR lenses, Nikon is pursuing further possibilities for imaging expression.
Source: http://www.nikon.com/news/2015/1118_dslr_01.htm

Note the precision with which the specifications, availability and pricing are explained.

That's good to know

Imported D4S's are now being sold at very reasonable prices ......... but is the D4S now as very very niche body as the D750 and D810 are so good?

Big deal…

"TOKYO —
Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce that it is
developing the Nikon D5 digital SLR camera"…

Tokio did not announce…
the market distribution nor
the making nor
the testing but
the development!​

The way I understand it, they might not have sharpened their pencils yet!

Last edited:
http://www.canonrumors.com/the-nikon-d5-has-leaked/

Quoted from the above link:

Nikon Rumors has leaked the first images of the soon-to-be-announced Nikon D5. We’ve heard that an announcement would come on December 17, 2015. Although we can’t confirm that date.

Current rumored specifications:

• New 20MP FX sensor (not sure)
  • New focusing module with larger coverage and 153 autofocus points (confident)
  • Native high ISO of 102,400 (confident)
  • 15 fps (not sure)
  • Body design similar to the D4s (confident)
  • 4K video 60/30fps (not sure)
  • Full HD slow motion (not sure)
  • Announcement expected in early 2016 (confident)

They've taken that straight from Canon's book. 1DX took around a year or more to materialise. I wonder if 1DX mk2 will hit the shelves first? Rio 2016 games should see at least advanced pre-production / test units.

Back