Nikon D500 from DigitalRev

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking at purchasing, a Nikon D500 body, with DigitalRev seeming the most competitive price.

I'd added to the ask prices thread, to ask about discount, but have now received an DM indicating 1% discount for payment by bank transfer.

I'd be interested, in other opinions of the use of bank transfer, instead of purchasing via credit card.

If I'm correct, if I purchase with credit card I will have some protection should something go wrong, but will not avail of the same protection if using bank transfer?

Been reading a bit more on the DigitalRev site and even they don't recommend bank transfer :D

"Beware of shops that encourage you to pay by Bank Transfers by offering you a discount, as it gives them the opportunity to escape their responsibility to safely deliver the goods."

If you are going grey, get Panamoz to price match and pay with Paypal (3-year warranty too).

Not really concerned about Digitalrev. Just surprised, that they ask for bank transfer via the forum, when they clearly warn against it on their website.
I think, regardless who I go with, I'll stick to using the credit card for the added security.

About to bite the bullet, so checked price again, but it's gone up :grumpy:

Strangely, they're offering a limited time discount, which still makes it more expensive that it was a couple of days ago.

Would go with Panamoz over digitalrev all day long!

Would go with Panamoz over digitalrev all day long!

Any particular reason? Prices are comparable now, so more than happy to go with one, over the other.

If I go with Panamoz, they use Paypal, but am I right in thinking that paying by credit card would still give me credit card protection?

Any particular reason? Prices are comparable now, so more than happy to go with one, over the other.

If I go with Panamoz, they use Paypal, but am I right in thinking that paying by credit card would still give me credit card protection?

Yes you would get protection.

Panaomoz 3 year warranty is excellent and can be transffered if ever needed - they usually price match too.

Think my order came in 3 days!

I have had and I think if you look in the digital rev section others have also had issues with them.

Thanks. (y) Hopefully get sorted over the weekend.

You may not get the protection using a credit card with Paypal,i've heard of cases where people buy things & use a 3rd party payment process like Paypal & found out that they weren't covered after all

Reading through the website, I found this -

6. Is there any protection when I buy from you?
All credit card companies provide fraud protection. In addition, PayPal offers its own comprehensive fraud protection protocol. Therefore, buying from us is extremely safe, as we accept credit card and PayPal.

Hopefully this means the credit card company offer the same protection.

Back