Nikon D5300 Owners thread

View attachment 56728 I have liked myD5300 so far but have just found a could of things that I can't seem to fathom and can't find anything about in the manual I downloaded from the Nikon Europe support website. Can anyone tell me what the icon of the hand with double brackets around is for?View attachment 56729
On the second image I have suddenly started to get this across a photo I have just taken and cannot seem to get rid of it nor can I find anything in the manual that refers to it. It is there spas soon as I have taken a photo and still on photo if I want to view it later.
Probably both something simple, I just cannot find them in manual.

Indicates that VR (vibration reduction, or commonly stablisation) is on.

Ive got a D3300,can I join :)

I joined this messageboard today, and just found this thread.

Bought a D5300 a few weeks ago, and it's easily the best camera I've had yet. Some of the older lenses won't do AF on it, so I'm keeping the D200 body as well (it's not worth much these days in any case).

I dare say the D3300 and the D5300 are not so very different. The decider for me was that the D5300 has WiFi and GPS. I might've liked the touch-screen (hated it on the Lumix -- can't switch it off), but can live without it.

Can't really see why Nikon keeps these two ranges going, they seem so similar.

Thanks and I'm sure you will love it.
Re the exif I don't know how to show it lol

View a photo on the camera screen and press the up-arrow on the multi-selector. Also look at the Playback Menu.

If you use a computer, get ExifTool. A wonderful piece of free software.

For example:

ISO-400
1/250
f8.0
75.0mm
6.31m
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
+52.781470 -3.090157
No flash
DSC_0862.JPG
NIKON D5300
2016-10-22 13:25:06

I didn't know that, Al. But where's the exif button? Can't see it. If I scroll down there's some exif there, but no button.

Do you know if Flickr will show GPS exif, if any is present? Such as Latitude and Longitude.

I used Flickr years ago but went to Google Albums because that was easier to organise and use. Now Google has made it harder for some reason, so I was thinking of going back to Flickr.

Just found this thread. I've had my D5300 for a year now and love it. It's my first dslr and I find it so easy to use. Here's to many more happy years!!!

Back