Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

I've just joined the D600 club, never thought I would buy a camera in Currys/PC World, but they're the cheapest by far in the UK at the moment.

Starting from scratch so still thinking about lens choice, Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART and something around 100mm are my immediate thoughts.
Heard good things about the new Sigma, the Nikon 28mm f1.8G is also a nice lens if you fancy something a little wider. I've got a Tokina 100mm f2.8 macro lens which gives lovely results and isn't overly expensive, not using it very much just now so I'm deciding if I need to move it on. I'm looking at getting an 85mm again, logic says get the Nikon 85mm f1.8G but I just love the feel of the older 85mm f1.4D when in use ... decisions, decisions.

I have the 50 1.8g and 24-85 vr sitting in its box whilst I decide to sell it and get a tamron 28-75 or keep it!

Think I'll send the d600 back, to Nikon, for a clean. Anyone else use this service?

Any idea about turnaround time?

Also, is there a requirement to insurance the camera in transit, or is it okay to use the prepaid nikon address label?

First real FX outing today. Mixed results TBH, bit of a learning curve coming from DX.

Happy with a lot of them though!

Early days JJ but how do you find it compared to your D7100.

Getting used to the DOF is the biggest difference for me. Basic controls and layout pretty much the same, although I think the slightly deeper grip on the D600 is a little better.

Looking back at the results back home on the PC I'm even more pleased. The D600 LCD does not seem to show the true results as the D7100 seemed to.

Overall though I think the pictures have a little edge over the D7100 shots.

Few I took today I put on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.586015248124641.1073741840.149578368435000&type=3

Looking forward to trying some other lenses now... think I am going to try the 28-75 Tamron next.

I have no doubt the D610 is to address the sensor/shutter issue. Thankfully it put me off the D600 and I got a D3 which is an absolute beauty

I have no doubt the D610 is to address the sensor/shutter issue. Thankfully it put me off the D600 and I got a D3 which is an absolute beauty
I am staring to think this D600 saga in fact was a neat marketing trick, seeing the amount of reports of people went for the upper and far more expensive model instead :D

How would you guys rate the focus system on the D600 compared to the D700, I'm tempted to get the D700 TBH, having heard about hunting in low light on the part of the D600...any thoughts?

Cheers

Paul

I mean... is the focus spread a dealbreaker on the D600?
Is the DR on the D600 significantly better than the D700 in practice?
I heard the D700 whoops it for concert shooting = blamed the 'night hunting'..

Pretty shocked really, seems a shoddt way to treat D600 users if the "fix" is the only real improvement.

I just sold my D600 at the weekend in an effort to get something smaller for now, I guess I picked the right moment, new D600 prices seem to have fallen quite a bit in the last week and I'd guess will drop even more now.

Pretty shocked really, seems a shoddt way to treat D600 users if the "fix" is the only real improvement.

I just sold my D600 at the weekend in an effort to get something smaller for now, I guess I picked the right moment, new D600 prices seem to have fallen quite a bit in the last week and I'd guess will drop even more now.

Mine went back last week.

I'd be pretty ****ed if I was still a D600 owner.

Well that's interesting. I guess its a bonus for people after a cheaper D600, but not or those having oil problems.

I'm not sure what to think having recently starting using a D600.

I really hate Nikon naming. d600 sounds much better than d610!

Well that's interesting. I guess its a bonus for people after a cheaper D600, but not or those having oil problems.

I'm not sure what to think having recently starting using a D600.

I really hate Nikon naming. d600 sounds much better than d610!

That's true. Plus if a D600 goes in for a sensor clean under warranty it gets the new shutter mechanism anyway.

If you have a clean D600 sensor I don't really see much bonus of the D610. It's got the same focus system and 0.5fps will make no difference to me.

Looking again at the upgrades, the only one that sticks out for me is the shutter.

It's like they have chucked in a few extra small features to make it look like an upgrade rather than replacement.

well i have been trying to make my mind up wither to go d7100 or a d600, this may make the balance in favor of the d600 if the prices drop even more.
just a little concerned about the auto focus in comparison to the d7100

There is, you just need to buy a higher model. Nothing wrong with differentiating features.

So you buy the D800 for better AF coverage and now you're faced with larger files, slower fps and a heavier body...the D800 might be a good body but it's not for everyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that would get the D600/610 if the AF coverage wasn't so central.

So you buy the D800 for better AF coverage and now you're faced with larger files, slower fps and a heavier body...the D800 might be a good body but it's not for everyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that would get the D600/610 if the AF coverage wasn't so central.

I'm not going to disagree with any of that, but you've missed my point. In any industry (not just cameras) you put your best features in your top models - and if those features are important people pay for them. Make your mid range models slightly less featured and so on down the line.........its just marketing/sales

If you get a clean D600 this upgrade is pointless IMO. Probably worth holding out for the D620 next year!

So now it seems, if the shutters on the D600 are being replaced, it's worth sending in to Nikon for a clean?

Love my D600, great camera for me, but Nikon have effectively admitted a manufacturing fault with the release of the D610.

I think this can only be good news for anyone wanting to jump to full frame as the already lowish price of the D600 is bound to fall further

The price seems high though for the new one when compared to the D800 although I accept they are different animals

The upgrades seem fairly minimal and I think this 'oil on the sensor' issue of the D600 has definitely been the driving force for the update

Bit of a kick in the nuts for recent D600 buyers though

Bit of a kick in the nuts for recent D600 buyers though

I bought my D600 new on Saturday knowing the D610 was more than likely coming in the next few days. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, the D600 was/is down to £1209, can't see it going much lower as there is a substantial buffer between that and the D610.

I bought my D600 new on Saturday knowing the D610 was more than likely coming in the next few days. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, the D600 was/is down to £1209, can't see it going much lower as there is a substantial buffer between that and the D610.

Yeah but if the D7000-D7100 situation is repeated that buffer will be a hell of a lot smaller in a couple of months

The buffer should be small considering the 'upgrades'

Yeah but if the D7000-D7100 situation is repeated that buffer will be a hell of a lot smaller in a couple of months

You could wait forever if you thought like that though, I could be dead in a few months, I need a camera now! Presumably the D600 will only hang around until they've sold the stock already produced.

Personally £1209 for a new FF body was good enough for me.

And next... Nikon D410
rock.gif

FWIW, my old D200 splattered its sensor with oil, presumably from an over lubricated mirror mechanism.

There's an e-mail from Nikon in my inbox entitled D610 so I assume that's the announcement of an upcoming model - since I'm more than happy with the D800/D700 combo I have already, I'm not that interested in the 610. Very interested in tomorrow's release though...

Just noticed CPB have the D600 at £1099 at Wilkinson Cameras (£1108.49 inc postage), this seems a like a great deal

Just noticed CPB have the D600 at £1099 at Wilkinson Cameras (£1108.49 inc postage), this seems a like a great deal

Excellent price that and always found them good to deal with too. :cool:

Oil or no oil, that's a fantastic price for a brilliant bit of kit.

Back