Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

I do have the name and phone number of one of their customer services people but I need to chill out a bit before I try to call. I'm going to get out with the camera on Saturday and see how the spots affect real images (as opposed to test ones of a white sheet of card).

The phrase deeply unsatisfactory springs to mind.

@ ancient_mariner; deeply unsatisfactory is an understatement, as I feel you probably intended it to be :)

I completed the customer satisfaction survey today and gave them another lambasting so will probably have a phone call tomorrow or Tuesday. I must remember the old adage of not shooting the messenger :)

I only have the 50 1.8g to use on my d600 but for what I use the body for ( mainly car shots ) I need something wider but also the ability for shallow DoF.

Can anyone recommend anything ? I have the 16-80 f2.8-f4 for my d500 but 24mm ( FFE ) isn't wide enough.

Sorry for the question, I'm learning....

Now that's the dilemma. Ideally at the same time - is there such a thing that's readsonably priced ?

With wide angles especially wider than 24mm ffe. Dof becomes harder to achieve (although not impossible but your typical car shot using An ultra wide will get most of the frame in some degree of good focus. Unless you are very close to the subject achieving a shallow dof can be tricky.

Anyone know if the D600 oil issues are affected to certain batches and how you know if one is affected against another.

Thinking about picking one up, but not keen on buying a hound. Toss up between a D600 and a D700 as a back up to my D750.

Hi Wibbly, I've not seen an ything about specific batches being affected and others not - I think it's a general problem that was solved by the release of the D610. The spots are only noticeable at f/8 and above, so if your into portraits, etc., and use wider apertures you'll probably never notice them.

I'm going through this problem at the moment and losing patience with Nikon Service after two failed cleans in 2 months. Even today they have requested I return it to them for a third time for "further investigation" which I'm hoping will lead them to replace it with a D610. It's a shame really because otherwise I absolutely love the camera. It doesn't have the best AF system but the picture quality is A1.

Hi Wibbly, I've not seen an ything about specific batches being affected and others not - I think it's a general problem that was solved by the release of the D610. The spots are only noticeable at f/8 and above, so if your into portraits, etc., and use wider apertures you'll probably never notice them.

Thanks for your thoughts Steve, I've followed with interest your woes with your camera body over the past few weeks. Hope Nikon UK sort it out for you - for sure it looks like yours needs sorting out for good and Nikon really need to step up!

Funnily enough, I rarely shoot anything above f/5.6 and even then that's pushing it for me! I guess I could get away with one if the issues are not so prevalent at wider apertures. Being a second/back up camera it appeals, given their price and the image quality should be pretty close to my D750 (y)

Thanks for your thoughts Steve, I've followed with interest your woes with your camera body over the past few weeks. Hope Nikon UK sort it out for you - for sure it looks like yours needs sorting out for good and Nikon really need to step up!

Funnily enough, I rarely shoot anything above f/5.6 and even then that's pushing it for me! I guess I could get away with one if the issues are not so prevalent at wider apertures. Being a second/back up camera it appeals, given their price and the image quality should be pretty close to my D750 (y)
I just so happen to have a spare one... :)

Last week Nikon Service asked me to send them a raw file taken at f/16 to aid their investigation. I shot that - a plain sheet of white A4 paper lit by a couple of speedlights - and immediately again at f/22. Both images were shot with jpg too and a comparison between the two initially showed 46 spots on the f/16 image but 52 on the f/22 image. On closer examination I could see the missing 6 spots on the f/16 image but they were very faint so the smaller aperture really does make a difference. I doubt you'd see any but the largest/darkest spots at f/5.6.

If I was in the market for a D600 right now and someone offered me one with proof that the shutter issue had been solved I'd take it without any reservations. Unfortunately (or maybe not) Nikon's only permanent solution to the problem is to replace the camera with a D610. Figers crossed (again) :)

Nikon collected my D600 again yesterday for a "very thorough" investigation of the spots on the sensor problem - I await their deliberations with baited breath.

I'm seriously considering PXing whatever they send me back for something else. My confidence in the D600 is shot and my view of Nikon Service isn't much better. We will see how I feel when I see the camera again.

Well, I had an interesting conversation with Nikon Service today the upshot of which is they are finally going to replace my D600 with a shiny new D610 :banana:

Now all I have to do is decide whether to keep it or trade it in for a D750 :help:

Well, I had an interesting conversation with Nikon Service today the upshot of which is they are finally going to replace my D600 with a shiny new D610 :banana:

Now all I have to do is decide whether to keep it or trade it in for a D750 :help:
Thought they might;) I’m really happy for you mate!

My 16 year old uses my d600 for his a-level and his automotive work..

Don’t think I’ve used it more than twice

ive grown to love my d610,bought from E-infinity for £629.. cant see me selling it anytime soon
Heck of a lot of camera, IQ wise, for £619 (as it is at the moment). Some things about my D610 annoyed the hell out of me, but in terms of picture quality, IQ and dynamic range, the D610 is really up there on a price/quality ratio.

Heck of a lot of camera, IQ wise, for £619 (as it is at the moment). Some things about my D610 annoyed the hell out of me, but in terms of picture quality, IQ and dynamic range, the D610 is really up there on a price/quality ratio.

ive had the d610 in my amazon basket for about 8 months lol.
im a bit sentimental to that camera as it was my first ever full frame camera. loved it.

ive had the d610 in my amazon basket for about 8 months lol.
im a bit sentimental to that camera as it was my first ever full frame camera. loved it.
It was pretty cheap on Amazon UK of late, but I see now it's gone back up to over £1,000+.

As I said, I loved the image quality of the camera, couldn't fault it. But coming from a D300s, the operation of it was a real let down in comparison. So I bought a D750 and sold the D610.

It was pretty cheap on Amazon UK of late, but I see now it's gone back up to over £1,000+.

As I said, I loved the image quality of the camera, couldn't fault it. But coming from a D300s, the operation of it was a real let down in comparison. So I bought a D750 and sold the D610.
Hi Stu,cant fault the d750,ive had one but had to sell to build a cat house lol but for my needs the shortcomings of the OS in the D610 not an issue.thanks

Back