Nikon D7000 Focus issues

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Nikon D7000 and the Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR lens.
This combination has worked well for me for a number of years, but recetnly I am having focusing issues.
When the light is overcast, or in low contrast situations, the lens is hunting excessivly and gives up, and cannot focus.
It ends up out of focus and I have tio manually get it away from its end-stop, either by zooming out to 70 and then refocusing elsewhere, or turning the zoom ring by hand.
This is now getting to the point where I am missing ipictures because of it taking so long to get an in focus picture.
I have cleaned the lens, both ends, and the lens contacts. I have also cleaned the camera sensor and contacts.
Does anyone have any ideas please as to what the issue might be and how to overcome it?
Thanks in advance.
Graham

I used 2 of those cameras for a couple of years without any problems, sure its not ultra modern clever in low light but I'm guessing what you're describing shouldn't happen; sadly I have no advice to offer, but its a good little camera and a great lens

I've always tended to use the centre focus point (the best) and crop if needed, if that's still not working then no idea - sorry

Dave

Did this combination of camera & lens previously focus without issue in similar conditions?

I have the same lens on the D7200 and occasionally have bother auto focussing in dim conditions. I've put it down to the conditions as the lens is fine when it's brighter and the camera is fine using a 1.8 lens in dimmer light.

It's only ever indoors I have issue I might add.

Back