nikon d7000 price comparison?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
HI all

so been considering ordering from that apparently popular HK based company but now coming back full circle to deciding to buy this in the UK totally

as I am new to DSLR I was considering just starting with the kit lens AF-S 18-105mm VR

I contemplated adding a 35mm prime, but think I should be sensible and see how I get on with the kit lens first, who know I may decide wider or longer is better once I've settled in to it

Can anyone help me with any good deals out there from reputable UK companies?

it seems difficult to beat amazon's price at the mo of just under £835

I guess I'll be needing a bag of some description and ideally a 67mm polarizer filter and UV filter if nothing else (my existing 52mm unfortunately won't fit the kit lens as far as I know)

Thanks. That website looks very useful

Given I have a local John Lewis and its only a couple of quid more with them, that sounds like a good idea to me. No faffing around if I have any problems with it.

Cheers
Chris

Amazon are generally very good and quick when responding to mishaps. In any case, warranty claims should be quicker if you deal with Nikon directly.

Amazon customer service is superb in my experience...never dealt with them on a Nikon warranty claim but they are very,very good.

I'm looking for this too and Amazon seem to be the only cheap place and I don't want to buy grey import.Wait a bit longer maybe still the end of the month

Went into john lewis today, they didn't have any other than the demo model in the shop, but have ordered me one om the warehouse to collect Friday :) :)
In the end I decided I prefer to deal with real people in a proper shop :)

Got it with the 18-105 kit lens for 840 which is only about 6 quid more than amazon. 1year warranty plus 1 further year from Nikon upon registration

If I can spot a good used eBay deal for a 35mm f/1.8 g lens then I will probably pick one up, otherwise I'll wait and see how I get on with the kit lens

Woo-hoo! Got my new camera, got a gig to go to and.......the battery needs 2 1/2 hours to charge up. D'oh!!!!!

For a very brief time today Jessops had the d7000 with 18-105 lens for a few pennies under 830, so when I went to collect the camera at JL I asked for a price match....and......the price had been put back up at Jessops to match that of JL......D'oh x2 !!

Back