Nikon D750 & D780

Taken my Nikon fight to twitter and also lodged an official complaint (something which I don't like doing) but I'm not only annoyed at their ineptitude at this stage, but insulted that I've been told 3 times that someone will contact me from Nikon and I've received no email or phone call.

I honestly have never experienced as shoddy a level of customer service from an electronics company.

That's shoddy service from any company, and I wouldn't have been patient for so long. :mad:

If it looks like a problem is going to take so long to be resolved, it would have been so easy for them to replace the camera.

Good luck, and I hope whatever you do gets it sorted quickly.

Another lovely set there ( apart from that ginger bloke getting in the way )

minnnt, just wanted to let you know that you are the sole reason why I'm about to be £1400 out of pocket. I was perfectly happy with my 6D but I've been eyeing up the D750 for a while and your recent photos have been the last straw. Hope you feel guilty. ;)

Another lovely set there ( apart from that ginger bloke getting in the way )

Who? This one?

Beardy Weirdy
by David Raynham, on Flickr

minnnt, just wanted to let you know that you are the sole reason why I'm about to be £1400 out of pocket. I was perfectly happy with my 6D but I've been eyeing up the D750 for a while and your recent photos have been the last straw. Hope you feel guilty. ;)

Ha, but the 6D is super smashing great, isn't it?

And this was the reason for the family shoot yesterday... They wanted a photo to give to Grandma for Christmas.

The Bell Family Shoot

Save your money, didn't you see the recent sales thread ... he's gone over to a D7000! :D

What? No pics on this page?

The Back Path

Sunrise from Mam Tor

Watching, Waiting, Wondering

And a rather lovely 6 shot stitch... Never shot this view before so it was nice to get something new!

Inversion over Castleton

Few more on Flickr if you can be arsed to have a look. ;)

I could be arsed to look , to much time on my hands:D. You're producing some very nice landscape photos David and your dedication getting up early for these type of shots is paying off. A very nice set again.

I could be arsed to look , to much time on my hands:D. You're producing some very nice landscape photos David and your dedication getting up early for these type of shots is paying off. A very nice set again.
Thanks very much Simon. I am absolutely knackered though. Roll on 8am sunrises... :D I feel the camera has made the biggest difference though. #1 was taken using highlight metering and then pulling the shadows in Lr. It's also iso 1000 and has still stood up to being pulled apart in PP. Impressive.
Save your money, didn't you see the recent sales thread ... he's gone over to a D7000! :D
Only as an addition and something for Lily to use. Just picked up an 18-55mm vr2 to go with it too. Probably end up with better shots than me.

Thanks very much Simon. I am absolutely knackered though. Roll on 8am sunrises... :D I feel the camera has made the biggest difference though. #1 was taken using highlight metering and then pulling the shadows in Lr. It's also iso 1000 and has still stood up to being pulled apart in PP. Impressive.

Only as an addition and something for Lily to use. Just picked up an 18-55mm vr2 to go with it too. Probably end up with better shots than me.

The capabilities of recovery for this camera is outstanding which makes it a keeper for me (famous last words). Although I haven't given higlight metering much of a go, may try this week. been using spot or matrix mostly. I have had way to many camera (not as much as twist) over the last few years and this is the one I enjoy using the most, as I can get some of my f*** ups to be half acceptable with a little work in PP.:D

Last edited:
Well, i think the 50mm could be going back. I've had to AF fine tune it to +20 and I'm still not 100% happy with it. It's not quite as sharp as i was hoping for if I'm honest.
I had the 50mm f1.4G at the same time as the f1.8G. The 1.4 was too soft wide open and at f1.8 it was softer than the f1.8.
At f5.6 they were pretty much on a par. Sold the f1.4 and kept the f1.8. It's a cracking lens and an absolute bargain at the moment.

I had the 50mm f1.4G at the same time as the f1.8G. The 1.4 was too soft wide open and at f1.8 it was softer than the f1.8.
At f5.6 they were pretty much on a par. Sold the f1.4 and kept the f1.8. It's a cracking lens and an absolute bargain at the moment.

I like mine purely for the size and weight. It's pretty good from f2.5 but not the sharpest wide open.

Taken my Nikon fight to twitter and also lodged an official complaint (something which I don't like doing) but I'm not only annoyed at their ineptitude at this stage, but insulted that I've been told 3 times that someone will contact me from Nikon and I've received no email or phone call.

I honestly have never experienced as shoddy a level of customer service from an electronics company.

Just not acceptable Deci, hope you get a result quickly!

What? No pics on this page?

The Back Path

Sunrise from Mam Tor

Watching, Waiting, Wondering

And a rather lovely 6 shot stitch... Never shot this view before so it was nice to get something new!

Inversion over Castleton

Few more on Flickr if you can be arsed to have a look. ;)

These are great David. I must say that the 750 seems to have quickened my PP, just seems more effortless getting to the overall result I want.

I tried shooting some sports with the 50mm f1.8g today as its all I had on me... results were pretty average!!

So I posted in here a while ago regarding the sensor on my D750 seeming to have many spots on it and was recommended the eyelead cleaning stick.

I recently went on a trip to Scotland, and having never cleaned a sensor before, didn't want to clean it so close to going in case something went wrong and being without a camera. I am now regretting this as there are so many spots on my landscapes to clean up.

I gave the sensor cleaning a go this evening, and still cannot seem to get all of it.

I have posted some screenshots below from Lightroom to visualise the spots and show the extent of the problem. This is on a camera with about 8k actuations, and was an a4 sheet of paper shot at f/22. This is also with minimal lens changes (and always careful when I do) and shooting in fairly clean environments.

D750 Sensor - Before by Phil Scott, on Flickr

D750 Sensor - After by Phil Scott, on Flickr

It took about 5 passes to get to this stage and can't seem to get those last spots off.

Anyone else had similar issues?

They don't look like dust spots but look more like dead pixels but given you have 'cleaned' the sensor I don't know. If you have most of the spots off I'd keep cleaning?

Could be the dreaded oil and need a wet clean.

So I posted in here a while ago regarding the sensor on my D750 seeming to have many spots on it and was recommended the eyelead cleaning stick.

I recently went on a trip to Scotland, and having never cleaned a sensor before, didn't want to clean it so close to going in case something went wrong and being without a camera. I am now regretting this as there are so many spots on my landscapes to clean up.

I gave the sensor cleaning a go this evening, and still cannot seem to get all of it.

I have posted some screenshots below from Lightroom to visualise the spots and show the extent of the problem. This is on a camera with about 8k actuations, and was an a4 sheet of paper shot at f/22. This is also with minimal lens changes (and always careful when I do) and shooting in fairly clean environments.

D750 Sensor - Before by Phil Scott, on Flickr

D750 Sensor - After by Phil Scott, on Flickr

It took about 5 passes to get to this stage and can't seem to get those last spots off.

Anyone else had similar issues?

I posted earlier in this thread with a similar issue!
Mine was like your first pic after about 98 shots!
Think it may have been my fault though as the first time I properly used mine was on a very warm dusty evening with my 24-70 f2.8.
I gave mine a sweep with my arctic butterfly and most was gone!
I have got specs visible in the view finder also which were there after approx 100 shots,so I put my issues down to using it in less than favourable conditions on its first outing.

Can anyone recommend a L plate/bracket that isn't really expensive? I've had a sunwayfoto one before and it was good. I just can't find where to get them in the uk. I don't really want to spend mega money on a brand new kirk or RRS bracket.

Edit: I think I have found the uk supplier (CGUK) on ebay and amazon. Their ebay store has free delivery so I think I will order one soon. Link below if anyone else is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNWAYFOT...-Compatible-/331595533298?hash=item4d34a24bf2

There is a review of the Sunwayfoto L Bracket here with more details and photos.

http://www.scvphotoideas.com/2014/12/custom-l-bracket-for-nikon-d750-dslr.html

Last edited:
Haha, cheers. :D

Looks like you had a good weekend!

Yeah, sort of, I could "Really" have done with your help out here though. I'll be in touch m8 as soon as I get the chance.(y)

George.

I need a tripod on a budget with a 3-way Pan and Tilt head I think - time to search the classifieds!

How on earth did he keep the front element clean?
If you read the comments on the article, he explains it.. basically various helpers just let him rub the lens clean on their T-Shirts! :)

Back