Nikon D750 & D780

I hadn't realised your lens line up for more extensive :)

I would get the D750 for now as it opens up a new world of shooting with higher ISO. Shooting with my D800 wide open at 1.4 used to be hit and miss. The D750 is far more forgiving.

I hadn't realised your lens line up for more extensive :)

I would get the D750 for now as it opens up a new world of shooting with higher ISO. Shooting with my D800 wide open at 1.4 used to be hit and miss. The D750 is far more forgiving.

I think that's a clincher.

With studio lights I'll still use the d800 - not sure it'll be bettered in my hands!

Just having a slight dilemma. D750 or new lens. I do think the d750 is an itch I want to scratch. I think the af and low light is what's drawing me towards it!
Shaheed, pop over to mine and borrow it for a few days, you might not like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a little tab to lock the aperture ring in place - it's just under where it says '1:1.8D' on the lens barrel. If it isn't locked, you get the error.
Thank you will try this when I get home

Quickie for those that have tried it - in the shooting menu white balance is there any discernible difference between auto1 and auto2 ? - I cannot see any.

Quickie for those that have tried it - in the shooting menu white balance is there any discernible difference between auto1 and auto2 ? - I cannot see any.
Say you went to a banquet, lit by warm incandescent lighting, the auto 2 WB would keep the colours from the lighting warmer than Auto 1.

Well tbh I'll keep the d800 for similar reasons and I do keep meaning to start offering portraits, so a 2nd body would be ideal.

Lens wise I like the look of the 58 f1.4. I'm diligently waiting on the sigma 85mm 1.4 art should they make it!

I'm not sure the Sigma 85 can be improved on much more, I found it to be as sharp as my old 85L I had. It was, I believe, the precursor to the ART range and the first decent lens they upgraded in recent times.

How do you get on with the 70-200? I think it's next on my list, unless someone gets their act together and brings out a decent 135. My only concern, having had the Canon one a fair few years, is the weight used to get the better of me and so ended up using a prime instead, where possible. I won't be in the market probably until middle of next year so it's an itch I can keep at bay, that, and a second body. Bought a Tamron 150-600 for a total novelty lens and having a bit of fun with that at the moment.

It does see to warm things up a bit Mike but I don't shoot jpegs so it doesn't make any difference to me,

How useful is the wifi. Any phone apps etc to control the camera?

I find the wifi handy, to quickly transfer the odd image over to my phone, to share quickly. The app helps to see the pics a little better on your phone than the back of the camera.

I'm not sure the Sigma 85 can be improved on much more, I found it to be as sharp as my old 85L I had. It was, I believe, the precursor to the ART range and the first decent lens they upgraded in recent times.

How do you get on with the 70-200? I think it's next on my list, unless someone gets their act together and brings out a decent 135. My only concern, having had the Canon one a fair few years, is the weight used to get the better of me and so ended up using a prime instead, where possible. I won't be in the market probably until middle of next year so it's an itch I can keep at bay, that, and a second body. Bought a Tamron 150-600 for a total novelty lens and having a bit of fun with that at the moment.

It's heavy and I don't use it too often.

Often thought about selling it.

BUT it's a stellar lens, quick to focus, renders beautifully and has never let me down. Hence why I still have it.

I'll likely wait until they bring out an 85 art or else I'll just succumb to the nikon version! It that will wait til next year!

It's heavy and I don't use it too often.

Often thought about selling it.

BUT it's a stellar lens, quick to focus, renders beautifully and has never let me down. Hence why I still have it.

I'll likely wait until they bring out an 85 art or else I'll just succumb to the nikon version! It that will wait til next year!

I bought my 85 1.4G second hand off here, tend to go for £800 - £850, why not one of those?

That's my concern really with the 70-200, but they are very handy to have. I think I will definitely have one when the impending child is on it's feet, that's the most likely regular use it would get from me.

I bought my 85 1.4G second hand off here, tend to go for £800 - £850, why not one of those?

That's my concern really with the 70-200, but they are very handy to have. I think I will definitely have one when the impending child is on it's feet, that's the most likely regular use it would get from me.

Cost I guess. The art lenses so far seem to be stellar performers but cheaper than the nikon equivalent. Am tempted by the nikkor f1.4 but can "manage" with the f1.8g until then!!

Cost I guess. The art lenses so far seem to be stellar performers but cheaper than the nikon equivalent. Am tempted by the nikkor f1.4 but can "manage" with the f1.8g until then!!

The current Siggy 85 is a good performer and hasn't been around that long wouldn't expect to see it changed for at least another couple of years it still a very strong seller for Sigma they will only change when sales slow down which won't be any time soon. Would expect a 135 to be the next Sigma Art prime lens.

Well when i picked my 50mm F1.4 up yesterday from Jessops he informed me that it was the last one and they won't be getting anymore in so they're probably going to be releasing a new model.... :rolleyes: Wonder what it will be? Perhaps they will call it 'ART'

:D

Well when i picked my 50mm F1.4 up yesterday from Jessops he informed me that it was the last one and they won't be getting anymore in so they're probably going to be releasing a new model.... :rolleyes: Wonder what it will be? Perhaps they will call it 'ART'

:D

Got to love well informed staff!!!

The nikon 50 1.8g is a cracking lens for the price. Regret selling mine even though I rarely used it after get a 35.

Yep. The 50 f1.8 g is awesome. I quite fancy the art sigma f1.4 50mm but it's bigger and more expensive.

I found the 50 to be the lens of mine that was sharpest wide open without any fiddling or fuss. Every other lens i own needs some degree of af tuning and I've found my 35 is off at distance, so need to actually read up on the dock as I've not used it apart from the firmware update that was release ages ago.

It was also probably one of the most consistent performer on my d800/E and d700 as well, might be due to how light it was,making it easier on my bad technique :)

Taken my Nikon fight to twitter and also lodged an official complaint (something which I don't like doing) but I'm not only annoyed at their ineptitude at this stage, but insulted that I've been told 3 times that someone will contact me from Nikon and I've received no email or phone call.

I honestly have never experienced as shoddy a level of customer service from an electronics company.

Taken my Nikon fight to twitter and also lodged an official complaint (something which I don't like doing) but I'm not only annoyed at their ineptitude at this stage, but insulted that I've been told 3 times that someone will contact me from Nikon and I've received no email or phone call.

I honestly have never experienced as shoddy a level of customer service from an electronics company.

What wrong with your camera?

Back