Nikon D750 & D780

The hairdryer will lift the lettering (low heat will not effect body) and the nail polish remover is light enough not to leave a white stain. I normally use this method when removing lettering off cars.

But have never tried on a camera though.

GGS Lamour arrived today. Just need my camera back to put it on!

Any tips to not getting dust etc under it? Put it on in a science lab that's free of any air pollution what so ever?!

I have never had a problems with the GGS/Larmor as they stick to the edge of the screen and not like a conventional screen saver. Anyway, I wipe down my screens with IPA and clean up with glass cleaner and when fitting, I just use my rocket blower to blow away any dust or debris, but theres usually none.

Just go over it with a black permanent marker or black tape as you have mentioned. Out of curiosity why do you want to remove the lettering?

Any input on memory cards?

From the Manual ----

card_cap_750.jpg

Do you shoot RAW? If so, how many do you get on a 16GB card?

I very rarely go over 300 photos on a day out, so the 16gb cards are fine for me shooting in RAW. I'm getting the same usage I would have thought as the link Barry shown in his post.

Just a couple more questions.....

How many RAW files can a 16 or 32GB card hold? I'll need to buy a number of cards, but would rather have mutiples of smaller cards as opposed to large cards in case of failure, even though it does have a dual card slot.....

Also, what speed card should I be getting? I've seen the Sandisk Extreme Pro (95MB/s), but I won't be machine gunning, so I don't think I need them to be super fast......Would I notice these write speeds when transferring to the computer too?

Thanks in advance.
Do the math. Average file size 30-35mb with RAW on the D750. I use 32GB Sandisk Pro 95mb/s, one as RAW in slot 1, one as jpeg backup in slot 2. The camera's buffer size is the limiting factor to your continuous/burst mode rather than the card. The speed of the card will help clear the buffer faster but even with a fast card your FPS drops a lot when your camera buffer's full. Even with the 95mb/s cards I would say frame rate drops to 1-2 FPS.

Do the math. Average file size 30-35mb with RAW on the D750. I use 32GB Sandisk Pro 95mb/s, one as RAW in slot 1, one as jpeg backup in slot 2. The camera's buffer size is the limiting factor to your continuous/burst mode rather than the card. The speed of the card will help clear the buffer faster but even with a fast card your FPS drops a lot when your camera buffer's full. Even with the 95mb/s cards I would say frame rate drops to 1-2 FPS.

Thanks, I wasn't sure of the RAW filesize on the D750.....I have the info anyway after @chuckles post

Anyone had a problem with d750 and sigma lens (s) or results viewed through ViewNX2 ? I keep getting inconsistent readings and not sure if its the lens or the software or the camera - Camera always set at +3 AF fine tune and lens always set for OS (VR Nikon speak) on (1 on the sigma) despite these fixed setting for the cam and lens I keep seeing AF either +3 or +6 (the default) and on or off for the VR/OS.
Anyone else have a prob with sigma or this variation

Thanks, I wasn't sure of the RAW filesize on the D750.....I have the info anyway after @chuckles post
Seems I over estimated anyway lol. Just checked several of my RAW's shot at 14bit lossless and they range from 27-30mb.

So after almost a month I have just received my D750 back from Nikon service after the issues I was having with what I believe to be oil spots on the sensor.

They serviced the camera, including cleaning the sensor, and stated they had found and fixed the fault. I have just done a quick test, same as I did before the camera went in, to visualise the spots on the sensor. This was shooting an A4 piece of paper at ISO100, F22, out of focus and using the visualise spot tool in Lightroom.

See below for before and after - I am not impressed with the cleaning job. Whilst it is better, I still wouldn't expect all these spots, and what appears to be a smear on the right hand side. What are other peoples opinion?

Going to have to monitor it after putting some more shots through it.

Before Nikon Service by Phil Scott, on Flickr

After Nikon Service by Phil Scott, on Flickr

Last edited:
Frustratingly, not had much chance to use the camera over the last few weeks!! Its been sitting on my bedside table with the sigma 50mm f1.4 art........however, my daughter was trying on her Halloween Mask on the bed after Parents evening, so she got a quick grab shot......

Halloween Grab by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

I'll try to put it through its paces next weds

Frustratingly, not had much chance to use the camera over the last few weeks!! Its been sitting on my bedside table with the sigma 50mm f1.4 art.......

I know that feeling, been so busy with work that my D750 has hardly left the house, its that time of year where it doesn't tend to get used as much but its still frustrating!

So after almost a month I have just received my D750 back from Nikon service after the issues I was having with what I believe to be oil spots on the sensor.

They serviced the camera, including cleaning the sensor, and stated they had found and fixed the fault. I have just done a quick test, same as I did before the camera went in, to visualise the spots on the sensor. This was shooting an A4 piece of paper at ISO100, F22, out of focus and using the visualise spot tool in Lightroom.

See below for before and after - I am not impressed with the cleaning job. Whilst it is better, I still wouldn't expect all these spots, and what appears to be a smear on the right hand side. What are other peoples opinion?

Going to have to monitor it after putting some more shots through it.

Before Nikon Service by Phil Scott, on Flickr

After Nikon Service by Phil Scott, on Flickr

Have you contacted them?

Frustratingly, not had much chance to use the camera over the last few weeks!! Its been sitting on my bedside table with the sigma 50mm f1.4 art........

You think that's bad - the day my D750 arrived (about 2 months ago) I started doing some fairly major renovation works on my house so everything from 3 rooms was piled up in our bedroom, including the D750 and 24-120, plus a SB700 and a 70-200 mk2 I bought from this forum. Thanks to another member on here I got a Cosina 19-35mm at a bargain £45, and yesterday I was lucky enough to get a new 85mm f1.8 for £240 thanks to lostsoulal2's thread about an ebay discount - that arrives on Monday, but will have to be stuffed in the same pile for at least another few days until the carpet goes down, but then, as it is half term we have visitors, so I won't be allowed to spend much time playing...

However, there will then need to be some serious learning as I have a few pictures to take for my local school's website the following week - better make sure it all works before the warranty runs out.. !

Edit - I forgot about the Tamrom 70-300 and the Kenko 1.4 TC..

Last edited:
Decided to do another test. A before shot, 200 high speed frames and then another test shot.

Pretty conclusive - the after shot shows more marks splattered on the sensor.

Dropped the camera back to the service centre and apparently will be looked at immediately and hear back today.

Quite frustrating but will see what they do this time...

Last edited:
£53.45? I take it you have a prime account!

The one without the wireless trigger?

Just called Nikon service to chase up the D750 - apparently now it will be seen "within the next few days" rather than today as I was told, and the fault description on the email confirmation states "still dots on image sensor" - that is it. Nothing about how the shutter mechanism seems to be throwing the dust/oil on to the sensor - so no doubt they will do a half arsed cleaning job and send it right back with no investigation.

Oh, and the customer service advisor was not aware of ANY issues with oil on sensors. I guess the D600 fiasco has just been forgotten about then o_O

Starting to get pretty ****** off now.

I had horrible oil spots with my D600 which eventually got replaced with a D610. My D750 is still spotless though :/

At work at the moment so this is taken from my gmail sent items but this was after a 'clean' on my D600

Attachments

• 6649 LR.jpg
    6649 LR.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 65
Back