Nikon D750 & D780

On our way to Bruges and first opportunity to test the D750.

Any suggestions for photographing Bruges and Ghent ? I mean specific locations etc. ?

There was mist down the bottom of the garden this evening at dusk, the d750 and 70-200 handled if perfectly, AF locked straight on! ISO 12,800.

Attachments

• 1445714953297.jpg
    1445714953297.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 79
Realising and appreciating the benefits of the tilt screen while shooting long exposures. This feature is a good upgrade from the D610 [emoji1]

I wanted to try my D750 out yesterday as I've had it since Monday but I've been working all week, it rained all day!

I'm going out today come rain or shine, her indoors wants to go shopping to Preston this morning so I might have a walk into the city's park whilst she's shopping then if the rain holds off ill try a few shots of the illuminations in Blackpool.

Interesting conundrum - a friend sent me this photo taken on D750 with 24-120mm lens (I know, bit like my friend has this rash/doctor scenario). I've tried to crop in and insert the selection. The other 'dirt' is rubbish thrown up from Rotor downwash.

I don't know whether it's straight out of the camera but I think it is. When you zoom in on it you can see loads of black crosses/plus signs - looks like an Aliens Invaders screen :) Can't think what is causing it - never seen anything like it before except in some sort of Pixel Mapping programme. Any ideas anybody?

crosses_insert.jpg

Looks like dead pixels to me. If so, that would be a big concern with a camera that new.

Looks like dead pixels to me. If so, that would be a big concern with a camera that new.

Hmmm.... I was beginning to think that. :(

Only two weeks old I think.... another grey import. This'll prove interesting.

Last edited:
started to edit a few more recently but still not 100% happy.. spent an hour or so looking over images on flickr and can't seem to get the same sharpness/ clarity as a lot of them. down to my pp i think.

Have to say the d750 has re kindled my love for my 85 again.
one from last week as i haven't posted any images in the thread yet, i know the watermark is frowned upon but only upload with it now.
Yan autumn colours by peter mcallister, on Flickr

So... Back from a weekend in the North Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. Live view EATS batteries!!! 515 shots and it has nailed 3 batteries!
Seems a tad excessive to me, although of course I don't know whether you just had it sat there for hours with the screen on ;) I'm sure on a night shoot I did I got over 250 shots/battery using LV, including numerous 20-30s exposures, so 500 shots should only eat 2 batteries not three ;)

Last edited:
Went to London today, walked miles and took a bunch of crap pix ... Got home to find my daughter all made up. So a rapid lens change and a few snaps etc etc

85 1.8G @ f1.8 flash on camera and one off to the side.
Alice by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I was beginning to think that. :(

Only two weeks old I think.... another grey import. This'll prove interesting.

Perhaps it remaps itself, I know the sonys do once a month, apparently you adjust the date a couple months forward. Perhaps worth a try.

Perhaps it remaps itself, I know the sonys do once a month, apparently you adjust the date a couple months forward. Perhaps worth a try.

True - I'll mention it to him. Thanks

Had a bit of an issue importing some pics into lightroom this morning. It said it couldn't import these files (42 of them) but i could view them in the preview module and on the camera... Meh. Will try again later and see if it's the same. Hope it's not a card issue. :arghh:

Here are a few from the weekend. Started off in the North Yorkshire Dales with a few waterfalls...

West Burton Falls
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Hardraw Force

A mere 5 minute (and a second!) exposure for this one... :D

Hardraw Force

Then drove over to the Lakes in the afternoon. The weather left a lot to be desired and the best of the light was actually under moonlight... :LOL: 10.16pm and iso 3200 renders something like this...

Under Moonlight

A night of wild camping and the morning light was slightly better:

Blea Tarn

Blea Tarn

Then the sun woke up and picked up the autumn colours really nicely:

Blea Tarn

Then we climbed Side Pike to get above the Tarns. I made this 16 shot stitch. By the time it was cropped it worked out at around 181mp! :D

Blea Tarn (and surrounding area!)

Looks as if you had a great weekend, nice set again. Really like the swirl of the leaves and water of the first and the ones with reflections.

Great set of images David, considering the weather conditions I think you have produced some really nice images. #1, #4, #7, would be my fav's of the set.(y)

George.

Here are a few from the weekend. Started off in the North Yorkshire Dales with a few waterfalls...

West Burton Falls

Hardraw Force

A mere 5 minute (and a second!) exposure for this one... :D

Hardraw Force

Then drove over to the Lakes in the afternoon. The weather left a lot to be desired and the best of the light was actually under moonlight... :LOL: 10.16pm and iso 3200 renders something like this...

Under Moonlight

A night of wild camping and the morning light was slightly better:

Blea Tarn

Blea Tarn

Then the sun woke up and picked up the autumn colours really nicely:

Blea Tarn

Then we climbed Side Pike to get above the Tarns. I made this 16 shot stitch. By the time it was cropped it worked out at around 181mp! :D

Blea Tarn (and surrounding area!)

Cracking set of images this.

I have to say I adore that waterfall shot.... what makes it for me is leaves moving in the water flow --- :clap:

I do fancy a D810 but the owners thread is pants so I'm holding off.

Once you go down the D8xx route you expose your glass to the most excruciating of examinations! :)

Back