Nikon D750 & D780

Got a 150-600 contemporary at the weekend. Must stop spending money
And where's the fun in that ;)

Nice choice, hope you're happy with it. Have you ordered/got the dock too?

Made the effort to get out and about this morning. Lily came too which is always nice. :)

Tried to use the layered foreground as a lead in to the lone tree on Back Tor. I managed to find a viewpoint where the tree was positioned in the nook of Back Tor and Losehill. Used the CPL to try and add a little something to the sky. Only ever used it for killing reflections on water before but i quite like the effect it's had.

The Lone Tree
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Sunrise was pretty crap really, but once it got going it offered up some nice light.

Sunrise over Hope Valley

The Hope Valley landscape is blighted by the damn cement works, but it can add a little something. Sometimes.

Beauty and the beast

Awesome light!

Rays

Awesome Daughter:

Lily

Awesome... Erm... Hat?

Me!

Hazy morning light

Hope Valley

Nice shots @minnnt . Is that the cement works north of Hucklow? I think I recognise it...

Nice shots @minnnt . Is that the cement works north of Hucklow? I think I recognise it...
Hope Cement works it looks like to me, which I guess might be the same as you're referring to as it's just up from Hucklow. I've actually been offered a tour of this place but can't find the time to go, thought it might be quite interesting.

Made the effort to get out and about this morning. Lily came too which is always nice. :)

Tried to use the layered foreground as a lead in to the lone tree on Back Tor. I managed to find a viewpoint where the tree was positioned in the nook of Back Tor and Losehill. Used the CPL to try and add a little something to the sky. Only ever used it for killing reflections on water before but i quite like the effect it's had.

The Lone Tree

Sunrise was pretty crap really, but once it got going it offered up some nice light.

Sunrise over Hope Valley

The Hope Valley landscape is blighted by the damn cement works, but it can add a little something. Sometimes.

Beauty and the beast

Awesome light!

Rays

Awesome Daughter:

Lily

Awesome... Erm... Hat?

Me!

Hazy morning light

Hope Valley

Another great set of images m8, #4 is "Excellent" closely followed by #3 & #7.(y)

George.

Brought it on a spur of the moment.
Haven't got the dock no.
Is it worth it then?
Depends how picky you are with front/back focussing ;) I'd have it if I had a Sigma zoom.

Really like the last picture of the cement works David. I'm so used to seeing the works that they just seem like a part of the landscape to me but I can never get used to the telecoms mast on the horizon next to that lovely line of trees. Even if it's cloned out in photos I still know it''s there!

T'is Walton bridge, amazed you dodged the thunder and lightning Gregg

Last edited:
T'is indeed! Yes it was pee'ing down at about 11 when I was getting a coffee, then the clouds parted for me at 11.30!

It's nice down there now it's all done up and flashy. Still goose p** everywhere though.

The d700 battery looks like the d750 battery, but different numbers. I take it they aren't compatible?

Just bought another bag to put my toys in, but couldn`t resist. I`ve posted the link in the bargain section. Lowepro stealth reporter aw300 for £29 :D

Haven`t had much of a chance to get out with the camera much at the moment. Work and Xmas shopping don`t leave a guy much time.

Last edited:
Hi Karen,
I'm sure that you will enjoy your new D750 - just another little learning curve to go
Agreed it will undoubtedly feel very unfamiliar and probably frustrating until you get used to it, but I'm sure you'll (Karen) will love it when you do.
Thanks i'm sure I,ll moan about this and that to begin with and make comparisons but I'm looking forward to it. I looked at a few and the d750 just seemed to fit the bill.

Just bought another bag to put my toys in, but couldn`t resist. I`ve posted the link in the bargain section. Lowepro stealth reporter aw300 for £29 :D

Thanks for the link. Reserved one for £24.50 collection. The London store is close to my work.

Haven`t had much of a chance to get out with the camera much at the moment. Work and Xmas shopping don`t leave a guy much time.

Just ordered one as well, cheers

I used a Lowepro smaller version long time ago for my DX one lens solution. Hope this one will be able to fit my D750, a prime, a flash, standard zoom attached and a 70-200 (occasionally) . Along with that memory cards, remote trigger and some other small accessories.

Nice shots Andrew.

My Samyang 14 2.8 has arrived from Amazon. No box, but well packed and the lens looks mint.

Will see if I like it.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1450709898.450636.jpg

Just bought another bag to put my toys in, but couldn`t resist. I`ve posted the link in the bargain section. Lowepro stealth reporter aw300 for £29.

I use one for the majority of my kit and I really like it. It's a fair few years old now and although I suffer with bag lust, hence I have a very good collection, the stealth has stood the test of time.

Great David, that is quite a lot wide. How's sharpness compared to your 24-70?

Anyone here can offer some tips on shooting with a manual lens. Never had one before. Does the Nikon focus confirmation dot help? Any tips for portrait and landscape with a 14 mm manual is appreciated

Don't sweat it. When you're focusing for landscapes then use liveview and 100% zoom. It's a piece of cake. Just be weary that the D750 eats batteries when using LV in comparison to using the VF. The dot works also.

Viewing at 100% in LR, there wasn't any difference imo between the two. Both at F2.8 though, i never tried any other aperture.

Got around to stitching this pano which i took yesterday. Works out at 143.5mp. The detail when zoomed in to 100% in Lr enables me to see the vehicles on the farm and also the trigg point on the top of Kinder Scout.

Taken with the 85mm.

The highest point in the peaks!

Last edited:
Back