Nikon D750 & D780

Nice captures. As i said keep that 18-35. is that the G lens? I might pick up one later this year as it takes filters.

Love these!

Where abouts is it?

Thanks guys. Yes it's the G lens. They were taken on Baslow Edge next door to Curbar Edge in Derbyshire.

Thanks guys. Yes it's the G lens. They were taken on Baslow Edge next door to Curbar Edge in Derbyshire.

Is the walk up child friendly?

Planning on a trip to the peaks in the near future :)

Is the walk up child friendly?

Planning on a trip to the peaks in the near future :)
Yes, as long as they stay away from the edge of course. The walk is dead easy, pretty flat if you park at the top car park.

Thanks. It's done by using small apertures, f16-22 usually does it, works with street lights etc too. In this case f16 didn't quite have enough of the effect so stopped it down further to f22.
Ah. Thanks for the lesson! Will have to try that some time! :D

It's like this most of the way:

https://flic.kr/p/qgZHTj

Obviously rocky near the edge but they're are quite a lot of safe places.

Ah cool, looks fine then :)

She's got no fear though, she wanted to stand right on the edge at Stanage to watch the people climbing, so I might have to make sure she's restrained in some way lol

Sometimes I use the 24-85 VR for occasional portrait when I don't have the 85 F1.8G. The 24-85 can't match the 85 or any other portrait lens, but comes in handy at times. The IQ is a big difference between a DX kit lens on DX body vs FX kit lens on FX body.

My daughter

Ashmi
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Mrs anibap

Anu

Daughter of a friend

Sohini

Whats happening with the EXIF on Flickr, they are showing the camera as a D530 on the last two photos? Not keeping a secret from us and road testing a new camera ?:D:nikon:

Last edited:
I'm the same, wanted a 27" monitor but a little to large for my desk which is in the living room. Settled for the Dell U2412M which took a while to get used too, but pleased with it now. Also bought a new i7 6700 puter before Christmas and I'm seeing the benefit of the monitor now as the puter also has a graphic card. In some cases seeing much more detail when using the old puter. I rarely went above 25 on the noise slider in LR, need to double it at times as the puter/monitor is showing much more detail.

Whats happening with the EXIF on Flickr, they are showing the camera as a D530 on the last two photos? Not keeping a secret from us and road testing a new camera ?:D:nikon:

:LOL:

Maybe he's secretly testing the D500 replacement which will probably have a load of issues when released.

I wish it was like that - a D500 from Nikon.

Actually, I use Nef4NX2 to process the D750 files in CNX2. Nef4NX2 uses D5300 as the camera template to make the D750 files work with Nikon sw. :) . I like the color and tones I get from CNX2.

I wish it was like that - a D500 from Nikon.

Actually, I use Nef4NX2 to process the D750 files in CNX2. Nef4NX2 uses D5300 as the camera template to make the D750 files work with Nikon sw. :) . I like the color and tones I get from CNX2.

But why does it show D530, are you putting the EXIF in manually?

TBH i sit pretty close to my monitor so it will take some getting used to I'm sure. I may need a new desk too... ;)

Always wanted one, and when I was working and could afford it, I bought a Yew desk with leather binding. Will probably last me a life time and it's about 20 years old now. To think what I used to spend on football, holidays, cars, clothes etc.......... I could probably have had every Nikon body and lens in their line up. Wish I had put it away for a rainy day.

Weigh her down with all your camera gear... :D

I always try to travel light... Then stuff all my lenses in the bag anyway "just in case" :D

Holidays are fun, my wife has to carry all the stuff for her and Jessica as my bag is always full of camera kit lol

Always wanted one, and when I was working and could afford it, I bought a Yew desk with leather binding. Will probably last me a life time and it's about 20 years old now. To think what I used to spend on football, holidays, cars, clothes etc.......... I could probably have had every Nikon body and lens in their line up. Wish I had put it away for a rainy day.

You couldn't have a D530 though...

You couldn't have a D530 though...

I know David, just wish I knew at the time what I know now. (thats a tongue twister). We enjoyed ourselves as we both had good jobs and no children, just wish in a way I didn't waste what I did.

But why does it show D530, are you putting the EXIF in manually?
nef4NX2 does that automatically. I change the exif after outputting the jpeg. if you see a few on my flickr still showing D530, it just means I was lazy to change :D

Have you found much difference between the two with regards to the final image?
You mean between D5300 and D750 profile?

No, Nik vs Lr

Yes, there is a difference. I prefer the default colour profile from CNX2. Having said that LR can be tweaked to get the same colour, but I am not used to LR that much.
I love the upoint tech in CNX2 which is a like a very poor cousin of PS layer masks, but works extremely well for people like me who find PS too complicated.

The things I like about LR are

1.Shadow and highlight recovery - better than CNX2
2. Lens corrections - simple and easy with additional corrections possible
3. Noise reduction is better

I have got a free access to entire Adobe Creative Cloud through my wife's work and hence considering to learn LR as CNX2 is dead for any new cameras. The ones I processed in LR in the last couple of days went through some final fine tuning in CNX2 (jpeg, don't kill me) as I am used to handling CNX2 better.

Almost four hours and no post? :LOL::LOL::D:D

Lol. SWMBO will be seriously upset. Next week is her birthday and if I keep buying Camera related stuff, hell will break loose.

On a serious note, I will resist the monitor GAS until I can do something with my desk.

Talk about GAS and just got an email from Park Cameras and they have setup a perfect GAS trap for the event tonight by Tamron. The 35 1.8 VC :rolleyes:

600_446107587.jpeg

Looks good. I follow someone on Flickr who uses the new 35 and 45 lenses on a D750. The IQ looks schaweeeeeeeeeeet.

Might need to have a look..... Seriously tempted to make a return to the D750 fold and a 35mm would be high on the list,

Back