Nikon D750 & D780

Partially.... It's because value wise I can't see than any mirror less setup is going to be of better cost value than a D750 and a few primes...
Think I started to see this too.. Primes for the Nikon seems much cheaper than for Mirror Less such as the sony.. Even the macro lens is cheaper.. been investigating it all today to see if I want to make the jump or not.. Or just go and get a bloody zoom for this D750

What metering mode people using on there nikons...

Sell me the 50 and put the cash towards a zoom. ;)
If i ever sold a lens it be the macro :)

As the 50mm is my fave lens on this camera..

£399 today for the Tamron 35 1.8 VC

These Tamrons seems to pretty good lens at good brasses

£399 today for the Tamron 35 1.8 VC
Notice you the Nikon 24-85 how you rate it as I though about that as it a nice price... this is before i though about moving over to sony...

I'd be more interested in the tamrons for video. Just not a fl that really needs vc for stills IMO. 35 possibly but not 45. A 24 or 28 with vc would've been better.

Last edited:
The presentation went bit long and the store had to close. Didn't get much time to play around decide but took a few shots with 35, 15-30 and 24-70. They are offering the lenses at a discount and this offer will be available at the London photo convention starting tomorrow for 3 days. The 35 and 35 at £399 is cheaper than grey stock and you get 5 year warranty. I need to test a bit more on Sat and Sun. Will test the Nikon also at their booth.

There I posted a post about the d750. Regarding the light meter I know most of it. One thing I not worked out is when the whole meter flashes why that even if I alter shutter it doesn't stop

£391 @ onestop digital but the 5 year warranty is a bit bonus!

Buying?
Will buy after testing this weekend. Need to sell the 70-200 also otherwise wife will be really upset.

There I posted a post about the d750. Regarding the light meter I know most of it. One thing I not worked out is when the whole meter flashes why that even if I alter shutter it doesn't stop
Not sure what you mean by this?

The light meter through the eye piece everything flash the Line and the + - hard to explain. Not the flash when we need to adjust

Not at all init does it at 30

The light meter through the eye piece everything flash the Line and the + - hard to explain. Not the flash when we need to adjust
Are you saying that the grid lines of the light meter flash? Is it showing that it's massively under or overexposed when this happens?

Are you saying that the grid lines of the light meter flash? Is it showing that it's massively under or overexposed when this happens?

The whole thing flashes but black ie no lines showing in over and under

The light meter flashes when there isn't sufficient light for the camera to meter accurately.

It's in the manual.

Apparently.
That must be total darkness then ;)

If that's correct (no reason to doubt minnnt of course ;)) @rookies are you using the AF assist lamp?

Last edited:
Nope not total darkness at all. Will have a play with it later see why it happening. Never happened before

Yes I am using the lamp

Nope not total darkness at all. Will have a play with it later see why it happening. Never happened before
I'm guessing user error :p

Is it focussing and/or allowing you to take a pic? If not it might have locked up. Turn camera off, take the battery out and put it back in again and turn the camera back on.

I am going to attend the Tamron event at Park Cameras London this Thursday. Anyone else joining the event? Would be nice to catch-up. I am interested in the 35 1.8. DXO score is very impressive.

Event details from Park Cameras

Focus on Tamron lenses
Thursday 21st January - Park Cameras London
6:00pm - 7:00pm

Our January meet up focusses on the Tamron lens range. Tamron now offer a superb range of premium optics - all with Vibration control built in. Experts from Tamron will present the range and demonstrate the latest models including the Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD and Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD super-zoom. The new fixed prime lenses SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD and SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD both with VC included will also be available for you to try.

We will be running special offers on the night to so if you are interested in learning about lenses and think Tamron might have a lens you could add to your kit, do please come along.

Registration for this event is free

Just seen this post - I was there, were you?

Back