Nikon D750 & D780

Only twice. One was faulty. But that shows what a kickass camera it is. 30-40 high end cameras in 3-4 years and the d750 is easily the best ;) gas is a terrible thing, Dont make the same life choices I did :LOL: just keep the d750.

I try not make same mistake lol if I keep what shall i add to my lens line up. 24-120 or sig 24-105

Right what metering you guys use. At the moment I use the spot. But been trying the one with dot with the 4squares round it what that

14-24 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8. Then a 58mm F1.4 and a 400mm f2.8.
Maybe if I sold my house and lived in a tent I could afford a line up like that. Hmm, food for thought :LOL:

Last edited:
Right what metering you guys use. At the moment I use the spot. But been trying the one with dot with the 4squares round it what that
Spot metering's very specific and if you've not got to grips with metering yet I suggest staying away from it as you can get it vey wrong. Matrix is great for most things, it's really 'intelligent' IMO. Have face detection enabled too and it recognises if there's faces in shot and biases the exposure for the face.

Spot metering's very specific and if you've not got to grips with metering yet I suggest staying away from it as you can get it vey wrong. Matrix is great for most things, it's really 'intelligent' IMO. Have face detection enabled too and it recognises if there's faces in shot and biases the exposure for the face.

Omg somthing else I bloody didn't know about lol

I though face detection was only in auto mode

But you now say there face detection on other mode with matrix?

Don't think this been answered are the VR as good as the Ibis on the A7

@rookies one other thing to consider with matrix metering is that it does take into account the focus point and puts some bias on that. Great for the most part when taking a specific subject, but you must also remember this for landscapes and possibly adjust FP or exposure accordingly (very rare though).

I shoot with matrix metering when I am lazy ( most of the time) , but I use spot as well. Spot metering is amazing to learn and get proper exposure every time. The DR of modern cameras are so good that matrix is fine, but I love spot. Nikon's spot metering on all focus points is awesome

I shoot with matrix metering when I am lazy ( most of the time) , but I use spot as well. Spot metering is amazing to learn and get proper exposure every time. The DR of modern cameras are so good that matrix is fine, but I love spot. Nikon's spot metering on all focus points is awesome

I either use spot, or center weighted (but don't do landscapes, otherwise I`d use matrix). I do like the highlight metering though :)

I try not make same mistake lol if I keep what shall i add to my lens line up. 24-120 or sig 24-105

I personally rate the 24-120 over the sigma.

Not as many as u lot lol maybe 50-100 a week
That's a fair amount tbh, maybe it's worth learning about the camera a bit more if you're not getting to grips with it purely from taking pics. I sent you a PM on the other forum with some useful tips on the D750.

Back