Nikon D750 & D780

I still need to get a screen protector ;) Larmor CS is pants :mad:

I've gotten away without a screen protector so far but feel it would be a wise investment along with the sling, especially when manoeuvring race tracks. I was going to buy a Black Rapid strap until I started investigating other cheaper options, there are certainly plenty to choose from, I will have a look at the focus one.

Snowdrops are like toadstools. They have to be photographed. Particularly when you have a new toy.... :)

I don't expect anyone to copy my strap solution. :D The swivel works a treat for stopping twists and tangles, though. I don't know why it isn't a standard fitting.

_7509503.jpg

Snowdrops are like toadstools. They have to be photographed. Particularly when you have a new toy.... :)

I don't expect anyone to copy my strap solution. :D The swivel works a treat for stopping twists and tangles, though. I don't know why it isn't a standard fitting.

_7509503.jpg

I`ve been trying for snow drops, but think I might need to buy a pot ;) By the time I get home it`s just too dark.

That swivel is such a great idea (y) Where does one get them from?

Fishing tackle shops...
Yup. But check they have a breaking strain that is sufficient. Or if any D750 owner wants a couple they can drop me a PM and I can stick a couple in the post to them. The ones I stock are rated to 700lb!

Yup. But check they have a breaking strain that is sufficient. Or if any D750 owner wants a couple they can drop me a PM and I can stick a couple in the post to them. The ones I stock are rated to 700lb!

What a gent, thank you :D

Thanks. I think I posted a landscape oriented version of a another shot earlier.

Thoughts on the Nikon 24-70? (non vr)...
Brilliant in terms of IQ, versatile and a real workhorse that can take a fair amount of beating. Wish I could afford one.

IQ is good but (for me at least) it definitely turns trips with the camera into 'going out to take photos' rather than 'taking photos while out'

Depends what you are looking for I guess.

Do you need 2.8 for landscaping, or is it just GAS talking? Just trying to save you money :p

You could get a 24-85 or 24-120 for a lot less

If you don't need the 2.8 then the 24-120 offers a great range for landscape. The longer end opens up some great opportunities for a more dramatic take on things.

The only thing that put me off the F4 was the fact it extends as it zooms but then you may not be as shallow as me and accept it.

For travel and landscape the 24-120 should be fine paired with a 35 prime

Reactions: JYC
I found some threads on dpreview... but not many answers.
Has anyone used the D750 (with its lovely noise or lack thereof) with a 16-35 f/4 for astrophotogrpahy?

Well I wasn't going to go for a 24-120 mainly on cost grounds, when I tried one before (bundled with a D750 from HK before I sold it) I was impressed but ultimately kept the Tamron 24-70.

I have however found a good price on a used warrantied UK lens (FFordes) which was only £30 dearer than waiting for one to come from HK so I've ordered that.... and a used 18-35 to keep it company.... hard to pass up at a decent price!

Aaaarrrghhhhh you guys aren't helping my choice between the 24-120mm F4 and 24-70mm f2.8 any easier :runaway::LOL: Thought I was settled on the 24-120mm due to the versatility, but the lure of the 24-70 still lingers ;)

Just get one...don't worry, GAS for the other one or something better will soon catchup as usual :D

Last edited:
Where this pls?

Lovely images

Back