Nikon D750 & D780

FWIW, my current lens line up is:

24-70 2.8 (corporate events, conferences etc)
70-200 2.8 VII (corporate events, conferences etc)
35mm 1.4 ART (people, portraits, family)
50mm 1.4G (backup / spare)
58mm 1.4G (Go outside, shoot with good light and interesting bg/fg - KAPOW!)
85mm 1.8G (people, portraits, family)

Mine is:

24mm 1.4 ART
35 F1.8 FX ED
58mm F1.4G
85mm F1.8G
90mm F2.8 Macro (Tamron)
70-200 F2.8 (Sigma)

Tempted to swap out the 90mm Macro for a longer macro though.

Mine is:

24mm 1.4 ART
35 F1.8 FX ED
58mm F1.4G
85mm F1.8G
90mm F2.8 Macro (Tamron)
70-200 F2.8 (Sigma)

Tempted to swap out the 90mm Macro for a longer macro though.

How do you find the 35 Andy? Read great stuff about it and I hate the weight of the siggy :mad:

:LOL:

Anyone ever have an issue editing pics where the colour just looks completely wrong and no matter what you do it never looks how it did when you took it???

It's just been one of those days i guess.
You could try using the camera settings in light room and rank the blue saturation up, that sometimes helps

I made it something like, but it's still not perfik. I wanted to use my polarizer but i think i left it too late in the day as it was too far around for it to work properly.

My lens line up atm is

Nikon 24-70mm F2.8G
Nikon 70-200mm F2.8G VR
Nikon 50mm F1.8G

Adam, the Nikon 35mm is a lovely lens. Great colours and weighs half of what the Sigma does.

I made it something like, but it's still not perfik. I wanted to use my polarizer but i think i left it too late in the day as it was too far around for it to work properly.

My lens line up atm is

Nikon 24-70mm F2.8G
Nikon 70-200mm F2.8G VR
Nikon 50mm F1.8G

Adam, the Nikon 35mm is a lovely lens. Great colours and weighs half of what the Sigma does.

I like the Siggy but I love lighter, quality gear more!

I did like my 35mm ED, but I just prefer the 50mm focal length. I guess because I used the 35mm DX so much on my D7000, then 50mm was just a natural choice.

I really wanted to enjoy it more, but after buying/selling it about 4 times, I gave up!

As for straps, I might try a wrist one. Peak Designs or Spider Pro look quite nice.

I did like my 35mm ED, but I just prefer the 50mm focal length. I guess because I used the 35mm DX so much on my D7000, then 50mm was just a natural choice.

I really wanted to enjoy it more, but after buying/selling it about 4 times, I gave up!

As for straps, I might try a wrist one. Peak Designs or Spider Pro look quite nice.

This. The DX 35mm was absolutely awesome. I think it was slightly better than the 50mm tbh. Can't say I've been blown away by the 50, but it is a viable lightweight package with acceptable performance.

I've had some pain in my wrists over the past few weeks since shooting the AD Gold Championships. Add that onto the back pain I regularly get there's still part of me toying with the idea of a switch over to Fuji.

Arghhhh decisions decisions.

This. The DX 35mm was absolutely awesome. I think it was slightly better than the 50mm tbh. Can't say I've been blown away by the 50, but it is a viable lightweight package with acceptable performance.

The DX 35mm was far better than it should have been for the price, was even really good on the D750, just a bit of a vignette

... it also helps the 50 is dirt cheap and tiny. Shame the 35 DX couldnt stay exactly the same for FX.

Do people tend to use lens profile correction in LR? Or leave the image with the barrel distortion? I seem to very rarely correct it, regardless of what lens I'm using.

Only use it on the Siggy 35mm as it vignette's quite badly wide open. Pretty much leave everything else as is though.

Last edited:
Only use it on the Siggy 35mm as it vignette's quite badly wide open. Pretty much leave everything else as is though.

No one answer to be honest. Depends on the shot, lens, look I'm going for etc. It's not something I automatically do though.

My lenses right now:

35mm f1.8G
50mm f1.8G
85mm f1.8G
24-120mm f4 VR
Tamron 70-300mm VC

Not convinced I need all these primes as they all double up inside the zoom range! Thiking of selling the Nikon 35 and 50 and getting a Sigma Art of some sort...

I had the 35 DX on my D40X and D3100 and loved it. You are right about the 50 1.8G. I had one, but didn't like its performance much especially at wide apertures and had to stop down by a stop or more.

The Tamron 35 FX with VC is a good option and one advantage is it has really close focusing abilities allowing to go up close and shoot some creative style. It also beats the Nikon on sharpness as per DXO and with much less CA compared to Nikon. I am waiting for a price drop as Tamron's always start with a high price and drop later. The Nikon 35 is also excellent and has come down to £349 UK stock.

I've personally always found a 35mm lens a strange focal length, I appreciate its neither a wide or standard lens length, stuck in the middle somewhat.

I had the Fuji XF23mm f1.4 version a while ago and never got on with it. Don't know why.

My lenses right now:

35mm f1.8G
50mm f1.8G
85mm f1.8G
24-120mm f4 VR
Tamron 70-300mm VC

Not convinced I need all these primes as they all double up inside the zoom range! Thiking of selling the Nikon 35 and 50 and getting a Sigma Art of some sort...

I was a prime shooter earlier, but these days gravitating to zooms more for convenience I guess. Asked a question to Martin on a Sigma 24-35 F2 thread and my GAS is building again as I can get 3 wide angle primes plus the in between FLs in one zoom. Damn, it has no VR.

Tamron 15-30 VC ;)

Yeah considered that as well and played with it a bit, but then I have to keep the 24-85 VR for shooting with 10 stop ND filters.

I've had some pain in my wrists over the past few weeks since shooting the AD Gold Championships. Add that onto the back pain I regularly get there's still part of me toying with the idea of a switch over to Fuji.

Arghhhh decisions decisions.

Just need a bit of manning up ;)

Current lens setup

Samyang 14mm
Sigma 35mm ART
Nikon 50mm 1.8g
Nikon 85mm 1.8g

Happy with this setup at the moment, maybe a cheap zoom would be nice for motorsport

Just need a bit of manning up ;)

Current lens setup

Samyang 14mm
Sigma 35mm ART
Nikon 50mm 1.8g
Nikon 85mm 1.8g

Happy with this setup at the moment, maybe a cheap zoom would be nice for motorsport

I have a similar set up with the addition of a 16-35 f4, 28-75 f2.8, 70-200 vr2 and a 105 macro. Really don't think I need anything else, although I keep thinking about upgrading my 28-75 tamron.

I was a prime shooter earlier, but these days gravitating to zooms more for convenience I guess. Asked a question to Martin on a Sigma 24-35 F2 thread and my GAS is building again as I can get 3 wide angle primes plus the in between FLs in one zoom. Damn, it has no VR.

One more option for me is getting the Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC and get that extra 1+ stop, VC and also have a bit of an extra range and occasional shallow DOF environmental portraits. For wide end, the F2 and F2.8 will not matter much for what I intend to use that for. I have to sell or trade my trusty 24-85 VR :(

Cracking price ...........................

Would have been AL, but when Clare bought, the price had gone back up to £299.00 and I b****** up in the writing for the Cashback claim.................I thought it was ending on Feb 15th, but that was claim by date. Teach me to pay closer attention in future.:)

My lens line up, for now:

Nikon 35-70 2.8
Nikon 50mm f1.8g
Samyang 85mmf1.4
Nikon 105 2.8micro
Nikon 135mm f2DC
Nikon 80-200 f2.8

I wanted to go all primes, which might still happen.
The zooms were sold to some-one who then had money issues, so I gave him a refund and got them back !
Having used them on the 750, they might stay a while.
Next on the list is a W/A, to have a go at landscapes. Not sure which yet, but leaning towards the 18-35.
If I do sell the zooms, a 58mm may be on the list.
Or a 35mm Art.
Or a 180mm f2.8
Or. . . .

It's this thread, I tell ya', it gives people gas.

The fastest growing thread on TP and the largest for any single Camera body. And all we talk about is GAS and share a few pics :D.

Well, the camera is almost no complaint type and problems are rare to discuss. :)

upload_2016-2-16_13-29-11.png

The fastest growing thread on TP and the largest for any single Camera body. And all we talk about is GAS and share a few pics :D.

Well, the camera is almost no complaint type and problems are rare to discuss. :)

View attachment 56964
Give it a month and we'll be the biggest I reckon. X-T1 thread is popular though, guess most of us have tried one at some point? :p

It is this thread. It's evil.

I wonder why the Canon threads aren't more active? Perhaps they take pics instead?

The only thing that bothers them is when will Canon catchup Nikon on sensor technology, but they hate to discuss it openly I guess :D

TBH, technology has improved so much that it is difficult to pick a bad camera or a bad lens. It's all down to the person behind the camera. Even the most basic Nikon D3300 is a better camera compared to my skills as a photographer.

A friend in the office asked my recommendation for a Camera for his Wedding (as a present) and I had to tell him to choose one that feels good in the hand, doesn't matter Canon or Nikon or mirrorless. At the end of the impartial consultation, he decided to go with the D750 + 24-120 F4 o_O

My lenses are now down to 2:

50mm f1.8g
24-85 VR
I don't have many either tbh

18-35mm f3.5-4.5G
50mm f1.8
70-200mm f2.8 VRII
Tamron 150-600mm
Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro OS

I want a walkabout ie 24-70/24-120/24-85 and then I'm done I think. Always like the look of the 85mm f1.8 but not sure if I'd ever use it, the 50mm is more or less a dust collector. I'd love to do portraits but don't get the opportunity.

I don't have many either tbh

18-35mm f3.5-4.5G
50mm f1.8
70-200mm f2.8 VRII
Tamron 150-600mm
Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro OS

I want a walkabout ie 24-70/24-120/24-85 and then I'm done I think. Always like the look of the 85mm f1.8 but not sure if I'd ever use it, the 50mm is more or less a dust collector. I'd love to do portraits but don't get the opportunity.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It is this thread. It's evil.

I wonder why the Canon threads aren't more active? Perhaps they take pics instead?
Too busy messing with HDR software to try and get their DR to match Nikon :p

Back