Nikon D750 & D780

My D750 had major melt down, mirror only half flips and all photos taken are half a picture and rest solid black! Off for warranty repairs.

It's a shame as had another gas attack this weekend and bought a rather expensive prime for my sins!

My D750 had major melt down, mirror only half flips and all photos taken are half a picture and rest solid black! Off for warranty repairs.

It's a shame as had another gas attack this weekend and bought a rather expensive prime for my sins!
Doesn't sound good :(

That's nice Phil, I've been on a garden trip last year and this. Spent last year ripping it all out and this year it's starting to come together. Got lawn envy though, returfed the backend last year. Had to buy a new mower in the week too as I broke the flymo. Finally got a petrol one and am soooo happy with it!

I did use my D750 to take a few pics last week, but I haven't uploaded them...

Garden projects are fun :)
I do actually like neat gardens, but they`re just not me ;) I do have a big project ahead though, consisting of a shed, some decking and an arbour, all squeezed onto a slab of concrete :)

@minnnt I'm hoping to get to Donnington next month, where's the best viewpoint so you're not shooting through a fence? It's donkey's years since I was last there (barring the F1 museum) and can't remember how good/bad the fencing is there.

Fencing is pretty much everywhere mate. The inside of Redgate is ok but it's a bit of a one trick pony tbh. 600mm will help you make the fences disappear though.
Thanks. Yeah hopefully, the focus limiter should help with AF too and not pick up the fence :) I'll probably take the 70-200 as well :D

Spent the day in the garden yesterday and pretty much all day two Blue Tits were playing tag team bringing food to the bird box they've built a nest in. I'm guessing there's some youngsters in there :)

DSC_7086
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:

are you sure? i had a faulty card that give me images like that.

Lovely photo Toby,love how you captured the fly in its mouth
Thanks. TBH there was no skill in getting it with the fly in its mouth as it was just carrying it back to the bird box ;) I've got some more pics with grubs and such like, I'll post em up later although they're not the best of pics :oops: :$

Here's one for now.

DSC_7148
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit, sorry about the noise, looks like Flickr/TP has added quite a bit of sharpening :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks. TBH there was no skill in getting it with the fly in its mouth as it was just carrying it back to the bird box ;) I've got some more pics with grubs and such like, I'll post em up later although they're not the best of pics :oops: :$

Here's one for now.

DSC_7148 by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit, sorry about the noise, looks like Flickr/TP has added quite a bit of sharpening :rolleyes:

Great stuff.

Here's one for now.

DSC_7148
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Super sharp stuff, which lens was used here ?

Sometimes, an unexpected turn of events can lead to a really good shoot... I was in my local soft-play centre with the kids a couple of weeks ago and Kiria walked in with her other half and their little boy. I happened to mention to the owner of the centre that this young lady would look awesome in front of the camera but there was no way that I was going to walk up to a complete stranger and tell her that I thought she'd look good in pictures! (I didn't fancy getting thrown out or arrested) :D

The owner of the centre knows Kiria and told her what I'd said. After a bit of embarrassment on my part, we hit it off really well and she agreed to do a shoot for me. Kiria came over yesterday with her family and we had a fantastic session. She's never modelled before and was nervous enough that she'd actually brought a bottle of wine with her to calm her down. :)

I thought I'd post a couple here before I put a set up in the Glamour Section.
Both were shot with the 85mm f/1.8G and a couple of Elemental Nano 3 studio lights and an off-camera flash.

As promised here's some more

DSC_6936
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_7048
by TDG77, on Flickr

DSC_7080
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
snerkler;

I'm impressed with your bird images, wOw, have you tried the lens with any motorsposts at all? Is it the Tamron SP 150/600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD model for Nikon mount to be exact?

After viewing your images I'd be keen to sell my Nikkor 300mm f4 PF for longer reach etc....

Have you owned the lens long snerkler....?..... what's your thought's on it so far...?

Regards;
Pete

Last edited:
Contemporary?

Lovely pictures :) We're trying to attract more birds to our garden

There is only one version of the Tamron, the Sigma has Contempory and Sport versions. I got a contemporary one last week and tried it today fro the first time.

Back