Nikon D750 & D780

There is only one version of the Tamron, the Sigma has Contempory and Sport versions. I got a contemporary one last week and tried it today fro the first time.

Doh, yes of course, I was looking at the Sigma's earlier and had that stuck in my head!

Contemporary?

Lovely pictures :) We're trying to attract more birds to our garden

There is only one version of the Tamron, the Sigma has Contempory and Sport versions. I got a contemporary one last week and tried it today fro the first time.
^^^^ this ;)

Does anyone know why Flickr and/or forums over sharpen my pics?

I wonder when we can start to see D750s back in stock. Most places now sold out.

Hadn't realised it was that bad! All bad news for Nikon right now eh? Have you sent yours off for sorting yet?

Reactions: JJ!
Hadn't realised it was that bad! All bad news for Nikon right now eh? Have you sent yours off for sorting yet?

Yeah it's gone so just a waiting game.

Chap at work was looking to get a D750 locally but none left!

Spent the day in the garden yesterday and pretty much all day two Blue Tits were playing tag team bringing food to the bird box they've built a nest in. I'm guessing there's some youngsters in there :)

DSC_7086
by TDG-77, on Flickr

"Cracking" shot Toby, liking this one very much.(y)

George.

^^^^ this ;)

I don't seem to have a problem with uploading and increasing sharpness, it's usually the other way round and degrading the photos on here.

You have some very nice captures of the BT, but to me, they do look over processed. Whats your typical PP workflow for birds, as I find oversharpening and upping the clarity, vibrance and saturation sliders makes the birds look un-natuaral and increases artifacts / noise etc........

Here's a couple of recent BT from me and they look flatter than your photos, so not sure whats happening with you?..... Export settings possibly?

Blue Tit with Nikon D810 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Last edited:
Have any D750 shooters used either the Tamron/Sigma 150-600mm lens for sports photography? Would like to hear your views on this please.

Thanks;
Pete

Hi Pete,

Any sports in particular? I've used my Sigma 150-600 Sport for cars but not on anything track or field related. On the D750, it's a potent combination and I've never had cause to get annoyed with the images I've had from it. :)

Thanks Si;

Probably car and motorcycle racing stuff, with some wildlife thrown in also. I see there's two versions of the Sigma 150-600, contemporary and sports, is there that much difference between the two I wonder?

Thanks Si;

Probably car and motorcycle racing stuff, with some wildlife thrown in also. I see there's two versions of the Sigma 150-600, contemporary and sports, is there that much difference between the two I wonder?
Each of the sigma versions has its own thread here, check them out. Personally speaking I bought the contemporary version as I couldn't see £500 worth of difference between the 2 and using mine yesterday for the first time on birds both static and flying , I am happy with the choice.

I don't seem to have a problem with uploading and increasing sharpness, it's usually the other way round and degrading the photos on here.

You have some very nice captures of the BT, but to me, they do look over processed. Whats your typical PP workflow for birds, as I find oversharpening and upping the clarity, vibrance and saturation sliders makes the birds look un-natuaral and increases artifacts / noise etc........

Here's a couple of recent BT from me and they look flatter than your photos, so not sure whats happening with you?..... Export settings possibly?

Lovely tits, Simon. (y)

Thanks. TBH there was no skill in getting it with the fly in its mouth...

Lovely tit pics. :D

But birds have beaks, not mouths. ;)

Getting most retailers estimating mid June for stock :(

Great sky at dawn today. I'd post some D750 photos except 'somebody' forgot to pack a spare battery. :coat:

Still I had my P7500.:)

^^^^ this ;)

I thought of telling you the same as your last few bird pics - cracking shots, but looks bit overprocessed (extra sharpening) on my monitor . To check, I usually do the following

1. Check if output sharpening is checked in the program you use (I use PhotoMechanic and it has a check box that I keep unchecked for full-size flickr upload) to avoid oversharpening and get a sharp enough smooth and natural look.

2, Load full-size image on Flickr. The full-size image on Flickr is untouched by Flickr, so you can always check in 'sizes' if you have doubt that flickr is adding any compression to the lower res images. Your full-size image should have no compression artefacts.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Two great shots Simon, liking them both very much, but the first shot is a "Cracker" in my book.(y)

George.

:rolleyes:

Ok this is the last one... (well, maybe!) I need to shoot some new content.

Donington Historic Festival 2016
by David Raynham, on Flickr
Nice processing, but I would have kept some separation light around the tyres to make it stand out a bit and appear like a three-dimensional object.

On a funny side, it looks like the car is halfway in a pool of black tar :D

Have any D750 shooters used either the Tamron/Sigma 150-600mm lens for sports photography? Would like to hear your views on this please.

Thanks;
Pete

I got the tamron, and find it`s pretty good. I posted some car pix a few pages back (and on flickr), a few wildlife, but not too many. Seems to work great with the 750 (y) Any crapola is down to user error ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Si;

I'm taking my 150-600 Sport to Oulton Park next Monday for the British GT so I'll get some photos up when I get back. I've used it on the Wales GB Rally in absolutely appalling weather and that lens never skipped a beat and produced some very respectable results. I can't comment on the 'C' version apart from saying that I deliberately went for the 'S' because it I figured that it'd be better able to handle more demanding conditions.

I`ll be at Brands on Saturday, to practice my god awful panning ;)

snerkler;

I'm impressed with your bird images, wOw, have you tried the lens with any motorsposts at all? Is it the Tamron SP 150/600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD model for Nikon mount to be exact?

After viewing your images I'd be keen to sell my Nikkor 300mm f4 PF for longer reach etc....

Have you owned the lens long snerkler....?..... what's your thought's on it so far...?

Regards;
Pete
I saw you had put your 300 PF in the classifieds earlier. Is the only reason for longer reach? The lightness of the 300 PF interests me as an easy to use lens from the car, when crawling around or a lightweight alternative. I thought of hiring one for Skomer. It would be great for Puffin head shots and the Little Owls, but staying a few days either side of Skomer means a 8-10 day hire which too much for what is only a couple of days on Skomer.

Looks like I am having same problem at Tony @snerkler that is looking sharper on here than it should be hmmm

Back