Nikon D750 & D780

Alot of lenses do this. My 24 and 50 does. The Nikon 20 is notoriously flare resistant although it is possible to get some. At least it's an easy fix in PP for your shot. Try editing flare out at 200mm. Meh.

That's another reason I'm particularly after the AF-S 20mm :) That big oval bottom right was an arse though - I couldn't get it out properly so ended up desaturating that corner a fair bit. Perhaps I should have tried doing it in PS rather than LR?

To be fair this isn't a nice challenge to be setting for any lens, but I think zooms do suffer more from this than primes:

LYX5jWd.jpg

SOOC apart from the adjusting back out the -ve exposure comp. I'm sure I don't have to point out the "issue"!

I keep finding my 16-35f4 very bad for flare too.

Not had any real issues with flare on my 18-35mm tbh, my filters on the other hand :banghead:

I keep finding my 16-35f4 very bad for flare too.

I guess we have to expect it for a zoom but it's something I'm looking at it more seriously now in primes, because of the type of shooting I seem to favour. I'm actually aspiring to switch entirely to primes with that purchase, save for the Sigma 120-300. My long lens stuff is sporadic and fast-moving so the flexibility of a zoom is worth the sacrifice. My objective is to have everything below 150mm covered by primes (20, 50, 85, 150) - there are big gaps in there but for my type of shooting very few if any of my images (when I've used zooms covering that range) seem to end up there...

So my camera is apparently affected by the second recall but not the first. I cannot find any problems whatsoever and had decided not to send it in but now I'm thinking that there may be problems further down the line if I dont. What is the general consensus?

So my camera is apparently affected by the second recall but not the first. I cannot find any problems whatsoever and had decided not to send it in but now I'm thinking that there may be problems further down the line if I dont. What is the general consensus?
If it ain't broke..........

As far as I'm aware there's no time limit on the recall so wait until your shutter count gets high and then send it in for a new shiny shutter ;) (dunno if Nikon will get wise to this though ;))

Last edited:
If it ain't broke..........

As far as I'm aware there's no time limit on the recall so wait until your shutter count gets high and then send it in for a new shiny shutter ;) (dunno if Nikon will get wide to this though ;))

Mines affected by the second recall,but I've not witnessed any problems at all.
I really don't want to send it in,but I do worry that Nikon won't honour the free fix in a couple of years time,which would then affect the sale value if I was to ever sell it!

Mines affected by the second recall,but I've not witnessed any problems at all.
I really don't want to send it in,but I do worry that Nikon won't honour the free fix in a couple of years time,which would then affect the sale value if I was to ever sell it!
I queried Nikon on whether there is a time limit on the previous recall and they said there wasn't, unfortunately I can't find the email but is always worth checking for yourself. I wasn't going to send mine in, but as I have AF issues (likely caused by the first recall 'fix') I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I've managed to get the warranty issue sorted and panamoz have said they would cover the cost :) was hoping they would have just replaced it due to the little use and fault that occurred. But better than nothing.. just got to try and get nikon to push it through quickly so I have it for my holiday in 3 weeks

Here's one from Great Yarmouth at the weekend. The light was just starting to disappear below the buildings and was just catching the tops of these posts. Assuming it was from an old pier or similar?

Just liked the simplicity of it.

last of the light
by David Raynham, on Flickr
Nice 'calming' light :)

Crap.

I shouldn't "browse" the MPB used section, should I?

That'll be a 150mm macro lens that I don't really need arriving on Wednesday.
If you don't need, you can request JJ to sell it on your behalf :D :exit:

If you don't need, you can request JJ to sell it on your behalf :D :exit:

I feel bad giving him a bit of a ribbing last week - we all know what GAS is like, don't we?

I don't have a macro lens for the D750 so I thought it was a worthwhile addition and also serves as a longer length portrait lens than the 85mm. And it was an absolute steal :D all because the filter thread doesn't hold filters securely. Filters... on a macro lens?

I feel bad giving him a bit of a ribbing last week - we all know what GAS is like, don't we?

I don't have a macro lens for the D750 so I thought it was a worthwhile addition and also serves as a longer length portrait lens than the 85mm. And it was an absolute steal :D all because the filter thread doesn't hold filters securely. Filters... on a macro lens?

It is just for fun with no other intention. I have had bad episodes of GAS in the past. I have just learned to control it a bit.

Which lens did you get? I was looking at the Tokina 100mm ATX Pro D Macro after seeing some great head and portrait shots taken with it. I am not keen on macro capability, but the close focusing distance and 2.8 make the Tokina interesting. But then, I realised that the 85 1.8 and 70-200 2.8 covers almost all portrait focal lengths.

Need a 135 F1.8 or F2 :D GAS.

It is just for fun with no other intention. I have had bad episodes of GAS in the past. I have just learned to control it a bit.

Which lens did you get? I was looking at the Tokina 100mm ATX Pro D Macro after seeing some great head and portrait shots taken with it. I am not keen on macro capability, but the close focusing distance and 2.8 make the Tokina interesting. But then, I realised that the 85 1.8 and 70-200 2.8 covers almost all portrait focal lengths.

Need a 135 F1.8 or F2 :D GAS.

I picked up an optically good Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Macro (the non-OS version). Just some cosmetics on the outside which show it's been used. Ryan Brenizer seems to use his for weddings and not just ring shots... so I take that as an indication it's good enough.

My last lens from MPB had to go straight back (a non-autofocusing Nikkor 300mm f/4) but they were good through the return. Fingers crossed this time!

Purchases since April have been a bit more than I anticipated...

Nikon D750 body only
Nikon 50mm AF f/1.8D
Nikon 85mm AF-S f/1.8G
Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF
Sigma 120-300mmD f/2.8 APO HSM EX
Beike BK-45 Gimbal Head
Sigma 1.4x Tele Converter APO EX DG
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Macro

Double oops.

I think my GAS is over now also, to go with my D750 , I now have
Two D7200 One is for my Partner tho.
A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

Crap.

I shouldn't "browse" the MPB used section, should I?

That'll be a 150mm macro lens that I don't really need arriving on Wednesday.

That might be my old one ;)

From some of the horror stories that have come out, from these recalls, I wouldn`t. In fact I haven`t on both counts, as my camera isn`t showing any signs of an issue. As Toby says ... "If it aint broke" :)

A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

Ooh! That's good news then :) I'm assuming you didn't trash it...? It was sold as just having the filter thread bust.

Hmm maybe not mine then, as I don`t recall any physical damage. But then again I don`t use filters.

A Sigma 150-600C
A, Tamron 70-200.

Sorry about multi posts ,only every time I pressed the post button It came up with a JavaScript error, so I assumed it never posted. if some one can remove them I would be grateful.

:LOL: Just hit the refresh button, and the post will show (y)

I picked up an optically good Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Macro (the non-OS version). Just some cosmetics on the outside which show it's been used. Ryan Brenizer seems to use his for weddings and not just ring shots... so I take that as an indication it's good enough.

My last lens from MPB had to go straight back (a non-autofocusing Nikkor 300mm f/4) but they were good through the return. Fingers crossed this time!

Purchases since April have been a bit more than I anticipated...

Nikon D750 body only
Nikon 50mm AF f/1.8D
Nikon 85mm AF-S f/1.8G
Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF
Sigma 120-300mmD f/2.8 APO HSM EX
Beike BK-45 Gimbal Head
Sigma 1.4x Tele Converter APO EX DG
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Macro

Double oops.
That's a lot of GAS for 2 months :eek:

Back