Nikon D750 & D780

Lovely pic mate - the only think I find a bit distracting is the leaf in the foreground but that's just me

Your car pic is still my favourite one of yours - truly a great image.

Perranporth beach runs roughly south to north, with the sunset out west it's not so good for sunrises. Great for sunsets though :)

Yeah decided to look at Google maps after I posted that then realised my error

Quite simple. Press the BKT button and scroll to how many frames you want to take and how much exposure change inbetween each frame. Get a remote if you don't have one already.

Sounds pretty straight forward.
There was a remote that was posted on here a few pages back I take it that would be ok

A stone? I knew it was past my bedtime ;)

The pic of the (blue) race car on the track where the background was dark...remember?

Yeah decided to look at Google maps after I posted that then realised my error

Sounds pretty straight forward.
There was a remote that was posted on here a few pages back I take it that would be ok
That's what I use (y)

Yep !
I've never been one to buy new stuff as soon as it comes out though. As you say, wonder what the price will settle down to?
Although it's never going to be a cheap lens.

Nikon have been in touch and say that my camera is working within Nikon standards and asked that I send in example pics so that they can try and source the issue. I don't seem to have saved the controlled test shots so need to check up my backup drives to see if they're still on there :rolleyes: I did find one (of many) from the cycling event though showing the missed focus so hopefully they can work with this for a start. Credit where credit's due, at least they're looking into it thoroughly and not just sent it back saying they can't find anything wrong (y)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-29%20at%2012.26.43_zpspwgsumzz.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-29%20at%2012.27.00_zpsckqkg8kw.png

Although they should have sorted it when it went in before...
This is true, but like I said at least they are looking into it more deeply rather than just saying that it's 'normal' and returning it. The worrying thing of course is that they can't find a fault though as it seems pretty obvious to me. All they need to do is take a shot with a wide aperture lens using the centre point and then another with the far right point and compare.

Nikon announces new lens but still no news on D750 UK stock. Wex and most other uk shops been out of stock for well over a month now.

Nikon announces new lens but still no news on D750 UK stock. Wex and most other uk shops been out of stock for well over a month now.

The kit version has went end of line in currys etc will likely be replaced in September

Jessops are showing stock in Nottingham and Kingston

Just caught up with the BTCC from Snetterton yesterday, lucky escape for the cameraman, scary stuff after a car rolled over the barrier and took out his tower :eek: Footage from his camera pretty spectacular though (don't mind saying this in the knowledge he's OK (y)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125572

Last edited:
Recently picked up a a D750 to replace a D7200. I'm amazed on the dynamic range of the sensor and its ability to produce noiseless pictures at high iso. Even underexposed captures can be recovered in PP.

Recently picked up a a D750 to replace a D7200. I'm amazed on the dynamic range of the sensor and its ability to produce noiseless pictures at high iso. Even underexposed captures can be recovered in PP.
Interesting to read that as DXO score the D7200 DR 0.1 higher than the D750 at base ISO so I just assumed DR and recovery would be similar, at lower ISO anyway. Is it just the less noise in the shadows that accounts for your findings then do you think?

At base iso, both cameras will produce similar results at a well exposed capture. However, if its underexposed, I found the D750 can extrapolate more cleaner detail in the shadows. Seems to work well in overexposures as well as long there's not any blown highlights.

I can also comfortably shoot in higher isos (up to 6400) without much worry, whereas the D7200 I will see more noise coming through at that range.

Everything just seems much cleaner with the D750 and I'm so glad that I've gone FF for the benefits.

The only negative I would have for the D750 is the smaller focus points spread. I've been accustomed to the wide spread in crop sensors which makes framing and tracking of action (Motorsports/BIF) a lot easier.

At base iso, both cameras will produce similar results at a well exposed capture. However, if its underexposed, I found the D750 can extrapolate more cleaner detail in the shadows. Seems to work well in overexposures as well as long there's not any blown highlights.

I can also comfortably shoot in higher isos (up to 6400) without much worry, whereas the D7200 I will see more noise coming through at that range.

Everything just seems much cleaner with the D750 and I'm so glad that I've gone FF for the benefits.

The only negative I would have for the D750 is the smaller focus points spread. I've been accustomed to the wide spread in crop sensors which makes framing and tracking of action (Motorsports/BIF) a lot easier.
Yep, not sure I could go back to crop now after having the cleanliness of FF. I do actually have a G7x for travelling light but if exposure's not bang on and you start lifting exposure in PP even the tiniest bit it starts introducing noise, even at 125 ISO :eek:

We are heading to Tenerife after Christmas for 10 days and I'm already thinking ahead on what lenses to bring. I have previously brought a 10-20 and 17-70 when using the D7000, now have the 16-35 and 24-120 which is much the same focal length wise on the D750. But I would like to take something a little longer for Loro Parque and a few mountain landscapes. Do I go to the bother of taking my 70-200? Nice for shots of the boys but heavy to be carrying around all the time and trailing up mountains. Or do I just take the 16-35 and 70-200 and forget about the 24-120? Or do I buy a 70-300, either Nikon or tamron? Opinions welcome.

Back