Nikon D750 & D780

it seems like it's coming back into stock on the high street now...

does anyone know how much it's going for in duty free at UK airports?

We are heading to Tenerife after Christmas for 10 days and I'm already thinking ahead on what lenses to bring. I have previously brought a 10-20 and 17-70 when using the D7000, now have the 16-35 and 24-120 which is much the same focal length wise on the D750. But I would like to take something a little longer for Loro Parque and a few mountain landscapes. Do I go to the bother of taking my 70-200? Nice for shots of the boys but heavy to be carrying around all the time and trailing up mountains. Or do I just take the 16-35 and 70-200 and forget about the 24-120? Or do I buy a 70-300, either Nikon or tamron? Opinions welcome.
70-200mm's a heavy lens to be carrying around, and it's not 'that' much longer than the 24-120mm. 70-300mm would be my choice. I'd choose the VC version of the Tamron though, worth the extra over the none VC IMO. That being said the none VC is lighter and has a 1:2 macro mode.

Still no news on my camera, getting slightly impatient now :(

Anyone else been watching Master of Photography on Sky Arts? I'm quite enjoying it, it's kind of like Master Chef/Great British Bake Off for Photography ;) How the contestants refrained from lamping one of the guest judges though is beyond me :LOL: I must admit I struggle to see the brilliance in some of the acclaimed photos that they use as inspiration. Probably explains why my photos are such garbage :LOL:

It is SO difficult keeping up with this thread...
Anyway, a simple question that I have asked in a separate thread, but which of the following lenses would you buy/have you got and why - Nikon 16-35 or Nikon 18-35 ?

Anyway, a simple question that I have asked in a separate thread, but which of the following lenses would you buy/have you got and why - Nikon 16-35 or Nikon 18-35 ?

As I commented in the other thread, 16-35 for me.

Anyone else been watching Master of Photography on Sky Arts? I'm quite enjoying it, it's kind of like Master Chef/Great British Bake Off for Photography ;) How the contestants refrained from lamping one of the guest judges though is beyond me :LOL: I must admit I struggle to see the brilliance in some of the acclaimed photos that they use as inspiration. Probably explains why my photos are such garbage :LOL:

Yep, watched the 2 episodes so far. There's a lot of time spent doing fancy camera work and introduction and then the rest of the program is rushed IMO. I'm not really into street so haven't really enjoyed the last two episodes. Also some of the judges/guest photographer have really big egos! Hopefully they'll start doing other areas of photography in the next shows. Still, it's better than watching most other garbage on TV.

I have a 14-24 and an 18-35. I use the latter most because it's smaller and lighter and 14mm makes things look silly. Unless you need wider than 18mm that one's the obvious choice - IMO.

NB I am not obsessed with pixel peeping and 'image quality but there's not as much difference between the two lenses as the prices might indicate..

Yep, watched the 2 episodes so far. There's a lot of time spent doing fancy camera work and introduction and then the rest of the program is rushed IMO. I'm not really into street so haven't really enjoyed the last two episodes. Also some of the judges/guest photographer have really big egos! Hopefully they'll start doing other areas of photography in the next shows. Still, it's better than watching most other garbage on TV.
I heard they're out as we speak looking for dead fish...

I have a 14-24 and an 18-35. I use the latter most because it's smaller and lighter and 14mm makes things look silly. Unless you need wider than 18mm that one's the obvious choice - IMO.

NB I am not obsessed with pixel peeping and 'image quality but there's not as much difference between the two lenses as the prices might indicate..

Very interesting Ed - I too am not so interested in pixel peeping - all this talk about softness is slightly worrying, but you are a calming influence..

Very interesting Ed - I too am not so interested in pixel peeping - all this talk about softness is slightly worrying, but you are a calming influence..
The 18-35 might be soft in the corners or the at edges (not that I've looked!), but I guess how important that is depends on what you are photographing and if there's any important detail in those places. Bought used it's a bargain lens.

The 18-35 might be soft in the corners or the at edges (not that I've looked!), but I guess how important that is depends on what you are photographing and if there's any important detail in those places. Bought used it's a bargain lens.
Hmm - shame there isn't one up for sale in the classifieds right now - come on one of you, put me out of temptation by selling me yours !

I answered this on the other thread, but another vote for the 18-35mm from me, very happy with mine. Just need a camera now to use it on ;)

Nikon are now not responding to my emails :oops: :$ :LOL:

Have emailed the main Nikon customer services again now rather than the agent I was previously dealing with. I think I've been patient enough waiting a week for a response ;)

Have emailed the main Nikon customer services again now rather than the agent I was previously dealing with. I think I've been patient enough waiting a week for a response ;)

You may write to their GM John Walshe - john.walshe@nikon.co.uk expressing your dissatisfaction if you think they are taking too much time.

When I sent in my old D600 for dust issues for the second time, I faced dead silence and long delays from them. Sent a letter and email to John Walshe demanding a replacement D610 and within two days a D610 arrived at my doorstep.

Off to the Country File show, tomorrow. So with a bit of luck I might be able to grab a few half decent pix. Looks interesting https://www.countryfilelive.com/
Gonna take 20mm and 70-200. I reckon they should cover most of what I snap.

You may write to their GM John Walshe - john.walshe@nikon.co.uk expressing your dissatisfaction if you think they are taking too much time.

When I sent in my old D600 for dust issues for the second time, I faced dead silence and long delays from them. Sent a letter and email to John Walshe demanding a replacement D610 and within two days a D610 arrived at my doorstep.
Thanks for this Ani. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, for all I know the agent might have been on hol or something. Useful contact though if I don't get anywhere soon (y)

Back