Nikon D750 & D780

Yep :p TBH the D750 is by far the best camera I've used (except the issues I had ;)), I just wondered if the D810 might be more or less a D750 with extra MP for cropping, and a quieter shutter ;) I shan't be considering anything else now,..... until the D750 replacement :D
Good decision. D750 is a brilliant camera....I know...I have one :D:D:D

Ashmi
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

I`ve been meaning to share this for ages (virtual lighting studio), but kept forgetting. I dare say some will already have seen it though, but I find it useful at times :)

http://www.zvork.fr/vls/

Sodding contrails. The sky was promising too but being close to a few airports really ruins it sometimes.

Guess you win some and you lose some eh?!

Meh
by David Raynham, on Flickr

That works pretty well for me Sir, overall comp' is good, with some nice tones and receding plains. Sky is not as good as you probably would have liked but still a nice shot.(y)

George.

Borrowed a mate's D7200, got to say much easier to frame and pinpoint the AF point due to the bird being larger in the frame. Can see why crop bodies are favoured for wildlife. Bit put off with the noise though. I know they say there's only 1-1.5 stops difference but it sempt more to me, even at 2000 ISO it was getting a bit much for me. Even with this (ISO 1400) I've had to apply a heavy mask (+64) and quite a bit of NR (+30)

CC5_4966 crop
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Camerapricebuster indicating a £300 increase for D750 body by most UK stores since yesterday:mad:

Happy world photography day folks :nikon:

Sodding contrails. The sky was promising too but being close to a few airports really ruins it sometimes.

Guess you win some and you lose some eh?!

Meh
by David Raynham, on Flickr
Im liking that even with the contrails. Proximity to airport won't be an issue as aircraft producing contrails are flying much too high to be arriving/ departing at a local airport.

Bang goes my first attempt at astro photography this weekend.
Guess there is not much call for miserable raining grey dull shots.

So it's your fault then is it?!

Every bloody weekend we go is the same. We have been away about 17 nights since Easter and there has only been 3 evenings and 2 mornings where it hasn't been grey/raining. Welcome to Northern Ireland!

Glad you've got it back. That was a pretty quick turnaround seeing mines still awaiting repair, are you NPS by any chance?

Yeah pretty quick would of been here on Wednesday but was busy with work, Nope not NPS, not to sure what that is :exit:

NPS = Nikon professional service I think you get a much quicker turnaround on repairs etc as they prioritise people who make their living from photography

NPS = Nikon professional service I think you get a much quicker turnaround on repairs etc as they prioritise people who make their living from photography
As opposed to NPU which pretty much gives you naff all ;)

It's a bit of both Shaheed. 2 stop soft grad to try and hold the sky a little with a colour grad added in post. Was having a play with the Nik Efex software as i haven't really used it since i d/l it. I also used a radial filter centered over her face and the valley to lift the exposure a touch.

Think I may have to get a prime lens. Don't think I would use the 35mm much. Love my old 50mm do I go for an 85 or 105 this is the question

Think I may have to get a prime lens. Don't think I would use the 35mm much. Love my old 50mm do I go for an 85 or 105 this is the question
Here's another +1 for the 85mm f/1.8 but I've never used a 1.4.

Anyone know where you can get a replacement viewfinder cover (the one you use to stop light getting in on long exposures)? I was up in the peaks yesterday in what can only be described as 'changeable weather', I must have somehow pulled it off whilst taking the rain cover on and off. This is s first for me, I've never knocked off the viewfinder eye piece before and lost it but I know several have said it's easy to do.

Anyone know where you can get a replacement viewfinder cover (the one you use to stop light getting in on long exposures)? I was up in the peaks yesterday in what can only be described as 'changeable weather', I must have somehow pulled it off whilst taking the rain cover on and off. This is s first for me, I've never knocked off the viewfinder eye piece before and lost it but I know several have said it's easy to do.
Cheapest I found. 99% sure this is the one for the D750

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/mobile_product_info.php?products_id=nikon-dk-5-eyepiece-cap

Cheers George. Me and Lil are gonna rock the Lakes this week wild camping so hoping to get a few more shots of her. :)

"ENJOY".:D:D

Back