Nikon D750 & D780

When you say tracking set to 4 or 5. What does that do? I should maybe read the manual but probably far quicker to ask here lol.

I also use single focus but never sure what metering mode to use!
Basically is determines how 'sticky' the AF point is to the subject before it focuses on something else.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%2013.59.40_zps8dxfzmes.png

Basically is determines how 'sticky' the AF point is to the subject before it focuses on something else.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%2013.59.40_zps8dxfzmes.png

Excellent! Thats very helpul for horses as they go over the jumps! Will put mine up to 4 or 5.

I like using bbf but the only draw back is, when the other half wants to take a pic with my camera she can never remember what to do even if I tell her several times.

Which is why I have that option on my custom menu. Occasionally someone will want to take a pic of me and so it's quicker just to change before handing over.

When we were away I was taking shot of my better half and daughter shooting into the setting sun. A guy next door spotted us and offered to take a snap of us all, so i politely said "sure, but are you ok with an SLR?" Of course he says confidently. Needless to say, all were badly OOF and framed terribly lol

Which is why I have that option on my custom menu. Occasionally someone will want to take a pic of me and so it's quicker just to change before handing over.

When we were away I was taking shot of my better half and daughter shooting into the setting sun. A guy next door spotted us and offered to take a snap of us all, so i politely said "sure, but are you ok with an SLR?" Of course he says confidently. Needless to say, all were badly OOF and framed terribly lol
Just like most of mine then haha

How's everyone find the location tagging of photos with wifi download of photos to iOS? Tried it for the first time today and it placed my photo near Boston, Lincolnshire.....where I have never been in my life!

I must admit, why do people use location tagging? Seriously, what is the point?

I jumped from the other one to Fuji (that did not last long) now ive got a 750 and 500 all in a month, a great combo, really pleased so far!

I jumped from the other one to Fuji (that did not last long) now ive got a 750 and 500 all in a month, a great combo, really pleased so far!
I assume "the other one" was Canon ;) What didn't you like about Fuji? To be honest Fuji's still no match for the D750, great system but not quite there yet. Any reason you bought the D750 and D500? I thought about it but not sure what advantage the D500 would offer me tbh. I don't need 12fps and the AF system on the D750 is more than capable for the sports and wildlife I shoot. TBH sometimes I use my D750 at 3fps for sports as otherwise I can end up sifting through too many virtually identical shots.

I assume "the other one" was Canon ;) What didn't you like about Fuji? To be honest Fuji's still no match for the D750, great system but not quite there yet. Any reason you bought the D750 and D500? I thought about it but not sure what advantage the D500 would offer me tbh. I don't need 12fps and the AF system on the D750 is more than capable for the sports and wildlife I shoot. TBH sometimes I use my D750 at 3fps for sports as otherwise I can end up sifting through too many virtually identical shots.

Yes it was Canon, there was nothing wrong with the Canon system i just fancied trying a new system and jumped in fully! i got a xt1 and xpro2, there is no doubting they are great bits of kit but just not for me or my style, there were things i preferred but for me some of the things i did not like were, the battery life, the constant switching between lvd, evf trying to save power, being unable to charge the internal battery without removing the grip, the aperture ring is really easy to catch and move by accident as are the dials on the camera, not being able change the iso manually without removing the flash gun, not the greatest or fastest autofocus in tricky conditions, poor noise levels at high iso, just to give you an idea, im mainly weddings and need to move fast and found it fiddly for speed although that may have improved with time but i did enjoy the quirky controls when shooting for pleasure which unfortunately is not very often, im not starting a war its just how i found it for me :) I got the 2 Nikon bodies to give me a variety, extra reach, have a future proof backup camera (although im finding i use it loads more than my canon backup camera) the batteries are the same so they work quite well together, the extra fps are good to have if required and the reported auto tracking is something to have again if required. Of course if you dont require the extras great :) but for me i like to have as many bases covered! :)

Oh dear. Why oh why lol

They look pretty, but, yeah!

interesting post in the Nikon sale thread :)

Hence the 'Bye Bye' earlier.......

@minnnt have you been drinking????????..

He doesn't drink. He's just a bit cuckoo

He hasn't replied so they must have taken him away to a padded room :confused::confused:

Maybe the Mods have banned him already...... :coat::runaway::exit:

Bloody hell! Chill.

I think my photography is getting out of hand, I keep buying stuff argh! Seem to have a studio problem at the moment, bought another roll of paper and a few bits this morning. I really don't 'need' anything else...

I think my photography is getting out of hand, I keep buying stuff argh! Seem to have a studio problem at the moment, bought another roll of paper and a few bits this morning. I really don't 'need' anything else...

I thought about buying more paper the other day.......then I bought an 85 f1.8g[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

I thought about buying more paper the other day.......then I bought an 85 f1.8g[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Slippery slope. We're going do a cake smash for her birthday in a few weeks and so wanted a pink paper. I've now got white, black, 2 different greys, ivory and now pink lol. That will do now. I bought a hi lite the other month secondhand as was going cheap, still haven't used it and no real plans either, just handy to have if someone wants a hi key shoot at home.

Slippery slope. We're going do a cake smash for her birthday in a few weeks and so wanted a pink paper. I've now got white, black, 2 different greys, ivory and now pink lol. That will do now. I bought a hi lite the other month secondhand as was going cheap, still haven't used it and no real plans either, just handy to have if someone wants a hi key shoot at home.

Expensive hobby, I have bought a few bits and not had a chance to use it.

I am the opposite I have some money to burn before the wife uses it for something sensible and can't find anything to buy.

Raging! :mad:

I am the opposite I have some money to burn before the wife uses it for something sensible and can't find anything to buy.

Raging! :mad:

Surprise her, take her out for a nice meal. Then when you do work out what you really want, she'll be more sympathetic.

Is there anyone else out there who's had problems with the D750 focusing with older lenses (which work fine on other bodies) excluding teleconverters?

Mine seems to hate my Nikon 300mm f2.8 AF-S II and I'm trying to see if there's any other people in the same situation to learn a little more before I get it repaired.

Took little one to PYO Pumpkins today, but she was an absolute terror as she hasn't been too well the last few days, still managed a few shots:

Pumpkin Picking by Tim G, on Flickr

Was a nightmare for this, we wanted to replicate a shot from last year but no such luck :(

Amelia at PYO by Tim G, on Flickr

I've also noticed I need to get to grips with colour portrait editing, I choose the easy option and convert to black and white.

I gave my new-to-me D750 it's first work out this weekend and I'm very happy with it. The camera is so nice to handle, I was at home with it compared to the A7ii it has replaced. The 24-120 F4 is a super lens considering it's range and price. The camera takes superb RAW files with lots of 'play' in them. I'm also very happy with the Jpegs it produces, I put in some custom settings for Jpeg and must of guessed correctly as they are lovely. Much more life in them than the Sony Jpegs which you don't get much control of so they are either plain and lifeless or well OTT.

Very happy with my D750. All family snaps taken so far but will hopefully have something to post on this thread soon

Back