Nikon D750 & D780

At the wedding today I got a card error (err code)and had to take the card out and then reinsert it, after which it's been working fine so far. First time I've experienced this. Also had a lock up where I had to remove the battery and replace it to get it working again. Looks like the old gremlins are present in my new D750 too :(

At the wedding today I got a card error (err code)and had to take the card out and then reinsert it, after which it's been working fine so far. First time I've experienced this. Also had a lock up where I had to remove the battery and replace it to get it working again. Looks like the old gremlins are present in my new D750 too :(

Fingers crossed it was a one off, looking at the thread I see you have had issues with your first D750.

My one for some reason said that the card was full even though I had the second card in and the camera was set to used the second one when the first was full.

No idea if this was a one off or is an issue, I do need to get bigger cards as the ones I am using are the 8gb ones that came with the body.

Which lens did you end up taking?

Already? That's terrible. I'd be making Nikon aware of this asap so they have it on record. Bloody Nikons.

Was also going to say really like that last b&w, how did you light her.

It's the season nearly to get some bokeh fairy light shots. Looking forward to doing some too.

Fingers crossed it was a one off, looking at the thread I see you have had issues with your first D750.

My one for some reason said that the card was full even though I had the second card in and the camera was set to used the second one when the first was full.

No idea if this was a one off or is an issue, I do need to get bigger cards as the ones I am using are the 8gb ones that came with the body.

Which lens did you end up taking?
Took the 24-120mm. I'm glad I did as I was sat quite a way away for both ceremony and dinner/speeches, think they were trying to tell me something ;) TBH the day didn't really pan out as one to take decent pics so could have quite happily left the camera at home.

So, going through a bit of a despondent can't be f*****g bothered phase atm. Here are a few recent pics that I've taken.

Night Life
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Lights and Leaves

Fried Dogs

Yoghurt Chops

Lights and Lily
Bloomin awesome shots to say you've lost your mojo, I can't even come close when I've been trying 100%. Maybe you should lose your mojo more often ;)

Cheers peeps. No, she wasn't lit by me. There was a green floodlight that was shining down hence the mono. I have recently bought a cheap and cheerful little TTL flash (£34) but haven't used it yet. Need to fish out the softbox and grid. Have a few ideas but it's just getting the chance to put it all together in one go. Looking forward to some autumn pics too.

Was kinda disappointed with iso 3200 tbh. I did however notice that the camera was on spot metering where i usually shoot on matrix. Perhaps if i had used matrix and actually took the flash with me :)rolleyes:) i could have got away with a higher shutter speed at a lower iso.

School boy error. Pfffffft.

Cheers peeps. No, she wasn't lit by me. There was a green floodlight that was shining down hence the mono. I have recently bought a cheap and cheerful little TTL flash (£34) but haven't used it yet. Need to fish out the softbox and grid. Have a few ideas but it's just getting the chance to put it all together in one go. Looking forward to some autumn pics too.

Was kinda disappointed with iso 3200 tbh. I did however notice that the camera was on spot metering where i usually shoot on matrix. Perhaps if i had used matrix and actually took the flash with me :)rolleyes:) i could have got away with a higher shutter speed at a lower iso.

School boy error. Pfffffft.

Sh1t happens, makes you normal :)

I've gotta get some flash practice in looking at that dark hole yesterday. Problem is, I can bounce flash all day at home with these ceilings but those ceiling weren't great.

Took the dogs out this morning with the 85mm only. Even the dogs wouldn't get their poses right for the right shot.
Nothing has gone right this week haha

So, going through a bit of a despondent can't be f*****g bothered phase atm. Here are a few recent pics that I've taken.

Night Life

Lights and Leaves

Fried Dogs

Yoghurt Chops

Lights and Lily

I know what you mean. Just realised I'd not actually used my d750 in MONTHS!! Work has been busy and not really had time. Felt very rusty.

Had my nephews party yesterday and came with the d750 and recently (re)acquired 85 f1.8g

Need to get out and about with it again as I feel I've lost my "mojo"

Didn't take too many pics though. Just used the iPhone to look at them as I don't have a computer with me! They'll be better once I get to a computer and looked at the raw files I think.

IMG_1477220179.246911.jpgIMG_1477220204.414316.jpg
IMG_1477220257.952388.jpg

I know what you mean. Just realised I'd not actually used my d750 in MONTHS!! Work has been busy and not really had time. Felt very rusty.

Had my nephews party yesterday and came with the d750 and recently (re)acquired 85 f1.8g

Didn't take too many pics though. Just used the iPhone to look at them as I don't have a computer with me! They'll be better once I get to a computer and looked at the raw files I think.

View attachment 76044View attachment 76045
View attachment 76046

I like these, but its either my eyes or computer but they look slightly off focus/soft? But don't take my opinion likely as my laptop is so s*** at showing colours and photos! I so desperately need to upgrade it as I'm editing stuff then look at it on better screens and they look so different lol!

I do like your framing though - pictures look like they tell a story.

Last edited:
I like these, but its either my eyes or computer but they look slightly off focus/soft? But don't take my opinion likely as my laptop is so s*** at showing colours and photos! I so desperately need to upgrade it as I'm editing stuff then look at it on better screens and they look so different lol!

I do like your framing though - pictures look like they tell a story.

They're small files just looked at on the iPhone - they may well be soft when looked at larger sizes. I've not had a chance to look on a computer yet!!

Or it could just be that I'm so out of practice [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

So could be you, could be me, could be both lol!

Either or, number 2 odd my favourite!

So could be you, could be me, could be both lol!

Either or, number 2 odd my favourite!

I'll tell you when I get to a computer!!

That said number two scares me the most - daughter in white dress with two girls in similar dresses beside her [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

View attachment 76044View attachment 76045
View attachment 76046

That first one's perfect, the light and positioning is lovely.

I`ve done it, I got a D750 a few weeks ago now I have just ordered a unknown lens, IRIX Firefly f2.4 15mm w i d e angle lens, I went for the more plasticy one as I dont go out in the rain and I cant justify the extra £200 for the all metal type body.
I did email someone that got one of these lens as a test bed and he said that its very sharp, (better than equivalent Canon) and distortion is very minimal, I was going to get a Laowa 12mm but at £829 its a bit more than I can again justify.
Test shots this weekend coming I hope :) Just hope there is some clear skies in the evening.

I'd cut out the white as well, David! :p

I'm looking for a small casual use flash. Was thinking of the nissin i40 or maybe the little Nikon sb300 I think.

Used to use the sb400 which was great apart from not twisting for portraits.

I bought a 70-200mm f4 lens on Friday and a Tamron 15-30mm. Well impressed with the Nikon, a nice weight saving over the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 lens I also tried. The 15-30mm has been a want lens for a long time, just need to tell her how much the filters are going to cost though.:eek:

I'm looking for a small casual use flash. Was thinking of the nissin i40 or maybe the little Nikon sb300 I think.

Used to use the sb400 which was great apart from not twisting for portraits.

I have a mcoplus from Amazon. It's tiny compared to the 900 series kinda flashes. Obviously not as powerful but it does have full TTL control.

As you can see from above, it makes you look rather beautiful.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcoplus-MC...UTF8&qid=1477332165&sr=8-7&keywords=nikon+ttl

Reactions: JJ!
Back