Nikon D750 & D780

The Duchess of Cornwall visiting Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital
f4g39f.jpg

/QTE]

The funnest picture I've seen for a while! So many captions available... Arise, Sir Falcon. No? This is an ex-falcon!

Oh please don't be like this, I said to the Mrs I was nervous about sending it and she said not to. But it has to be done :(
Sorry, I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Does anyone have a recent turn around for the "To users of the Nikon D750 digital SLR camera - possible image shading from shutter (update 29/02/2016)" fix, i just checked and mine "could be" affected. Really can't have it away for ages as don't like not having a back up camera!

Ah just read if I'm not seeing the issue there is not need to send it back.. i'll take the risk and not bother!

So who else gets it in the neck for spending too much time faffing with photos? Thing is, I probably only faff 3-4 hours a week, but my editing machine is upstairs out the way. Might look into a laptop next year to do the bulk whilst SWMBO is on the sofa. I'd love a MacBook Pro but there's probably a cheaper option that will do the job.

Whilst it is relevant to how much you shoot - though some like to edit, whilst others don't like being behind a PC - how much time do you spend per week editing?

So who else gets it in the neck for spending too much time faffing with photos? Thing is, I probably only faff 3-4 hours a week, but my editing machine is upstairs out the way. Might look into a laptop next year to do the bulk whilst SWMBO is on the sofa. I'd love a MacBook Pro but there's probably a cheaper option that will do the job.

Whilst it is relevant to how much you shoot - though some like to edit, whilst others don't like being behind a PC - how much time do you spend per week editing?
It often gets mentioned in my house ;) In fact I bought an iMac to have upstairs to help limit the time spent editing, but I've slipped back into old habits editing on the MacBook. Drive's my wife mad when I miss half the TV program and have to rewind it :p

Too long, I'd like MacBook but I'd be less productive overall I think with distractions taken into account. When I'm in the study I'm all guns blazing!

Lol, recently I started sorting through all the picture i have ever taken. In the past my workflow was rubbish and i would keep all my files. I started with my first dslr in 2010, so that 6 years of unsorted raw picture to sort through something like 15-20000 pictures and 500GB. I'm just going through and deleted all the rubbish pictures and all sort of duplicates to keep only the best. So at the moment i spend minimum one night per week doing this lovely task :-/.

But hopefully i'll get lots of room and order in my hard drive!

With newer picture i really try to keep on top now, processed in the same week it was taken and never more that 2-3 hours per week.

Lol, recently I started sorting through all the picture i have ever taken. In the past my workflow was rubbish and i would keep all my files. I started with my first dslr in 2010, so that 6 years of unsorted raw picture to sort through something like 15-20000 pictures and 500GB. I'm just going through and deleted all the rubbish pictures and all sort of duplicates to keep only the best. So at the moment i spend minimum one night per week doing this lovely task :-/.

But hopefully i'll get lots of room and order in my hard drive!

With newer picture i really try to keep on top now, processed in the same week it was taken and never more that 2-3 hours per week.
I still keep all my RAWs, but offload then onto external drive's as soon as I've finished editing.

Super Moon not so super for me. It was hidden all night! Never mind. Only like 18years or so till next one!!

Me! My computer is on almost every night of the week. I made a computer desk last year for our big kitchen/ living room and have it beside the sofa where the mrs sits so at least we can talk to each other but I can happily sit with my back to the tv all evening. I am self employed so I do have some business stuff like invoicing etc to do but lightroom is usually open too.

IMO it wasn't particularly super anyway. What little i saw of it (5.30pm) it didn't seem to be any larger than usual.
It was only 14% bigger which looks bugger all with the naked eye ;) Here's mine from last night anyway

DSC_1898
by TDG-77, on Flickr

I've got to look for a laptop. doubt if I'll get a mac as I have a dislike for Apple.
My main frame is in the loft. so get bored of going in the loft sometimes when I need to do a quick edit.
Not sure what spec to get thou?

I thought is was 7% larger than normal and about 15% brighter?
Depends on where you read the info, I've seen it range from 7% to 30%. Most say it's around 14% but that's comparing the perigee moon to the apogee moon. All I know is that it's bigger than normal, but not enough to be able to tell with the naked eye. Bit of an anticlimax, and they look much bigger when closer to the horizon, although this apparently is an illusion.

Moon is also nearly just as big and bright tonight so look out for clear sky!

Moon is also nearly just as big and bright tonight so look out for clear sky!
And it's also better when it's a partial moon as you tend to get more detail/contrast.

Back