Nikon D750 & D780

Once you've seen one wedding photo you've seen them all...

It's the same with chicken photos... :exit:

_7505375.jpg

:D

A bit more of the moon

Waxing Gibbous Moon (DSC_1481)
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit: I'm getting a bit fed up with this site oversharpening my images (at least they are on my screen). What size image do people post from flickr to prevent this?

The way I stop Flickr from doing its oversharpenning thing is to not make it do any resizing! I upload images to there at the size I want to post them, usually 800 pixels on the longest size then use that as the image to upload.

So who else gets it in the neck for spending too much time faffing with photos? Thing is, I probably only faff 3-4 hours a week, but my editing machine is upstairs out the way. Might look into a laptop next year to do the bulk whilst SWMBO is on the sofa. I'd love a MacBook Pro but there's probably a cheaper option that will do the job.

Whilst it is relevant to how much you shoot - though some like to edit, whilst others don't like being behind a PC - how much time do you spend per week editing?

As little as possible and as much as absolutely necessary! I hate doing PP so have reduced it to a minimum, set up all my cameras to deliver results to MY liking SOOC as JPEGs. Some need a little cropping and straightening but other than that and resizing, I don't do much at all, if any! Got a PC on the dining table where I do it and Mrs Nod is usually in the conservatory on her phone at the same time.

I'll look at a laptop next year, being downstairs is key. I don't faff much now, pick a preset and run with it. Culling is key and occasionally I jump in without culling properly first which is counter productive.

I can't say I've ever really noticed over sharpening from Flickr, I upload at 2048 and post the 1024 image?

Last edited:
Just to show I do shoot things other than the moon I was asked to go and shoot Crossfit at the weekend. Bit of a challenge for me and took a while to get over my self consciousness. Lighting was difficult, and it was hard to get in and around the folk doing the training as it's pretty frantic and they're constantly moving on from one exercise to another. Tried some OTT processing to get the vibe of the gritty warehouse it was in. At the end of the day it's just folk working out in gym (pretty hardcore though)

DSC_1580-5
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1660
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1693-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1802-3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1836-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1854-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1867-3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Full album here if anyone's interested.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/A82w70

Just to show I do shoot things other than the moon I was asked to go and shoot Crossfit at the weekend. Bit of a challenge for me and took a while to get over my self consciousness. Lighting was difficult, and it was hard to get in and around the folk doing the training as it's pretty frantic and they're constantly moving on from one exercise to another. Tried some OTT processing to get the vibe of the gritty warehouse it was in. At the end of the day it's just folk working out in gym (pretty hardcore though)

DSC_1580-5
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1660
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1693-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1802-3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1836-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1854-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1867-3
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Full album here if anyone's interested.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/A82w70

I like those but I'm never a fan of added grain. Some nice shots and good composition though!

I like those but I'm never a fan of added grain. Some nice shots and good composition though!
Thanks. Deffo marmite processing, don't normally do it but it kind of suited the mood imo.

Anyone got a Thinktank Retrospective 7? How many lenses can it hold?

Just got notification from Sigma that the 85mm f1.4 Art is now shipping, who's going to be the guinea pig? ;)

I go through phases with grain. I do like it occasionally, digital can look too clean at times. At the moment though, I've removed it from my usual presets.

I did try the added grain on a bw of our black lab once but I think I made it look worse.
I had it in my head what I wanted to achieve but like normal that never worked out

Think I'd rather buy the Nikon 85 1.4g to be honest
Without seeing any pics from the Sigma I can't comment. I like the idea of being able to use the sigma dock though.

Back