Nikon D750 & D780

I could have expanded slightly granted, but it just really stood out among the many new posts. A beautiful subject with lighting and detail where it needs to be. Almost abstract due to the contrasting areas or light / shadow (to my eyes anyway). Well done, again :)
No need t have expanded, "bloody love it" made my day :) But again appreciate your comments (y)

I'll ask in here as this is the font of all knowledge

Need a cheap ttl flash - any recommendations?

I've bought two godox 685's and they're fantastic value for money with a transmitter. The menu takes a little getting used to (the optical is pointless) but the wireless works so well. My only niggle is, if you use on camera and move the head a lot, they do move a smidge on the hot shoe as the head is quite stiff, but that's picky. For all on camera flash stuff I use an sb700 but these are fantastic value for money IMO.

I've bought two godox 685's and they're fantastic value for money with a transmitter. The menu takes a little getting used to (the optical is pointless) but the wireless works so well. My only niggle is, if you use on camera and move the head a lot, they do move a smidge on the hot shoe as the head is quite stiff, but that's picky. For all on camera flash stuff I use an sb700 but these are fantastic value for money IMO.

I just needed a ttl flash to use off camera, that I could control with the yongnuo yn622 transmitter(or cls at a push). Needed it for fill/kicker so the 2 sb900's could do the real donkey work if needed.

I just needed a ttl flash to use off camera, that I could control with the yongnuo yn622 transmitter(or cls at a push). Needed it for fill/kicker so the 2 sb900's could do the real donkey work if needed.

Fair enough, missed the part about working with your current transmitter.

Hi all,
Thought i`d post this shot of a new restaurant that has been built not too long ago.
Your thoughts please.

Resto by Graham, on Flickr

Thanks

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide. Love it.

But the recovered highlight on the lamp is crap.
Thats the IRIX 15mm, me, I love it too :)
I got some work to do to recover that but I only have LR4 :(

Hi all,
Thought i`d post this shot of a new restaurant that has been built not too long ago.
Your thoughts please.

Resto by Graham, on Flickr

Thanks

Really like the way you've exposed the building, but that light bang in the middle doesn't work for me, and I think bit of keystoning might improve it. Love the black sky, wide crop and your viewpoint.
There was a series of images in this vein being exhibited in Portsmouth last year, all done at night of lit up buildings with black skies - really enjoyed looking at them, and you've reminded me to have a go at this type of thing myself :)

Great shots Toby, especially no 3 - looks like he/she would swallow you in a single mouthful with that look! what lens were you using?
Thanks M, much appreciated. Probably, but what a great way to go ;)

Lens data should be in the EXIF, but it's the Tamron 150-600mm.

Really like the way you've exposed the building, but that light bang in the middle doesn't work for me, and I think bit of keystoning might improve it. Love the black sky, wide crop and your viewpoint.
There was a series of images in this vein being exhibited in Portsmouth last year, all done at night of lit up buildings with black skies - really enjoyed looking at them, and you've reminded me to have a go at this type of thing myself :)
Thanks M,
I had another go at that light and no way can I get the light less bright, maybe it should be cloned out. With regard to Keystoning, I've heard of it but never needed it till now, I'll have a nosey around but if it's not free I'm not interested lol
Thanks for your comment.

Another from that cold November wedding:

James and Caroline by Tim G, on Flickr
Very nice, although I prefer it in the landscape crop/orientation as per the other one like this tbh. Works well on a white background like here but looks a bit odd (IMO) on a black background like flickr. Really nice shot though.

Very nice, although I prefer it in the landscape crop/orientation as per the other one like this tbh. Works well on a white background like here but looks a bit odd (IMO) on a black background like flickr. Really nice shot though.

Thanks @snerkler, these shots came off well seeing as they didn't want any portraits and it was pitch black outside. I had an idea, went for it and happy I tried it!

Meant to be looking for laptop for my Xmas present but always get side tracked looking at new lenses instead. At this rate I'll be opening nowt haha

I'm keep thinking about the 24mm or 35mm sigma art.
Thing is I really want a laptop for editing so I don't have to go in the loft.
Then I get distracted by other stuff too like small studio in the double garage for only the purpose of I can.
I'm just too easily sidetracked with the job in hand.
Then with the new puppy coming next week, there might be a few pictures they need editing haha

Just got to the computer and seen how the pics look straight from the iPhone - I'll upload one from flickr in a min!

I know this is pretty random, but as it's D750 related, i thought it would be okay to post here. I had a strange dream last night that my d750 fell off the sofa onto the floor. That's it.

I know this is pretty random, but as it's D750 related, i thought it would be okay to post here. I had a strange dream last night that my d750 fell off the sofa onto the floor. That's it.

That would probably do me a favour if mine did that.
Save my getting disappointed when I look through my pics and realise how shocking they are :confused:

Back