Nikon D750 & D780

Looks good - Where did you order your canvas from?

Edit - never mind, should've checked the trade canvas thread first!

Last edited:
Trade canvas who advertise on here.
It was 30" x 20" ordered it Saturday night it arrived Tuesday morning

Looks good, must check them out. I ordered a canvas and 10 prints recently from DSCL, ordered on a Thursday evening and delivered to me in Northern Ireland on Saturday morning. Was well impressed with that.

Which one is it pls

Mine? I splashed out on a Tenba Cooper 13 DSLR model before I went on hols to the US is the summer. I wanted something I could put camera body and a couple of lens, filters and charger in easily and still have space for various travel paraphinalia including my diabetic gubbins (I'm type 1 with an insulin pump)

It's a really nice waxed canvas material. Is both smart and casual and not obviously a camera bag. I think it very similar to a retrospective 7...... It's 13 moniker means it has a pouch for up to a 13" laptop. Mine though does not fit. There is a 15 model and a 13 slim per model (without the DSLR in the name). I can actually put my d7000 with kit lens, my d750 and another lens or two in it relatively easily.

I have a lowepro urban photo sling 250 that is a backpack. It's good for walking assuming I don't want to carry anything else much, but it does have a tablet space inside. On balance I think I prefer a shoulder bag though.

Last edited:
£37 delivered I know it may not be the cheapest out there but at that size I was more interested in quality.
On your first order you get money off. Then there is a code for tp members to get a percentage off.
Extremely happy with the service and quality of the canvas.

geez they reckon wedding photographers charge a fortune,
dog photographers must be coining it in

I'm still going through my archives (just sorted out storage as I was running out of space fast). These were taken on a Hedgehog photography workshop. It was a good day. It tested the D750 too, light was poor and meant f2.8 and 1/200 was needed to keep ISO done.

Autumn Hedgehog by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Hedgehog by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Hedgehog by Rob Cain, on Flickr

I've been thinking of getting a canvas done, I've just not got around to it yet. What size was yours? I'm thinking of 30x20 inch but still not sure.
As my pa said 30 x 20. i went for black edges rather than the picture wrapped. Looks quiet good in b&w with black edges

These are bloody awesome!
Thanks, I got lucky with the hedgehogs coming straight towards me on several occasions. Hedgehogs move pretty fast, faster than I thought they would. It was a good day, I got soaked laying on the ground (and in a puddle at one point!) but worth it for being so close to Hedgehogs. If you have seen this years BWPA calendar the hedgehog image was taken during the same workshop.

Thanks, I got lucky with the hedgehogs coming straight towards me on several occasions. Hedgehogs move pretty fast, faster than I thought they would. It was a good day, I got soaked laying on the ground (and in a puddle at one point!) but worth it for being so close to Hedgehogs. If you have seen this years BWPA calendar the hedgehog image was taken during the same workshop.

You still did good, I have an old shot of a wild hedgehog somewhere on my flickr but nowhere near this good.

Your shots also haven't helped my 70-200 GAS. :(

The sea is big.

_7500250.jpg

You still did good, I have an old shot of a wild hedgehog somewhere on my flickr but nowhere near this good.

Your shots also haven't helped my 70-200 GAS. :(
Sorry about that! The 70-200 is nearly used as much as my long lens for wildlife, for anything I can get up close to it does very well.

Last edited:
I'm amazed you managed to get it in focus tbh! Imagine how I'd struggle!
You couldnt get a picture of the puppy with your df mate.

oscar the cocker would just about sit still long enough for you to get a picture. Thinking about it he can only do a sit/stay for 10 mins, so scrub that :D:D

Last edited:
Those are just lovely mate really are lovely images..

I am guessing you use Auto ISO since you manage to keep shutter at 1600 on them all? Just wondering what your ways of taking images for my to learn ;)

Yes your right no need for a D500 ;)

Cheers, yeah auto iso put it on manual and adjusted the shutter and aperture to what i thought i would need for her running about

Back