Nikon D750 & D780

I've been directed to this thread and told you're all friendly.....

I've ordered a D750 which is due any time in the next hour, I've also ordered 2 lenses but neither of them have arrived yet, I've got 4 dx lenses from my D5300 which I know I can use on the new camera but will I need to set anything or just put them on and shoot away?

Welcome!

You'll need to put your camera in dx mode to use your old lenses.

Which lenses did you buy? Saw you got a 24-120, what else?

Welcome. As above the camera needs to be in DX mode, but by default it does this automatically. Note that your images will only be 10mp. I've never used DX lenses on the D750 so don't know if it blanks out the area of the viewfinder not being used, maybe someone ales can answer. I have used DX mode with FF lenses and it just marks the viewfinder coverage with a box but doesn't blank it out.

Hi and welcome, from a D5300 to the D750, just the menu will blow you away, it's a big difference between the two, I went from the D3200, I was gobsmacked but it's all good now. As said, just chuck a dx lens on and click away. Enjoy your new toy and don't be put off by this lot. They do give good advice too [emoji3]

:wave:

Hi and welcome.

This thread will cost you a fortune.

I did try my oh's 18-55mm dx lens the other week and the iq was awful.
Worse than the 150-600mm with a tc on it [emoji6]

You will have great fun with the d750 it's a brilliant bit of kit. Don't say you don't like it or the d750 ambassador will have your guts for garters.

Welcome!

You'll need to put your camera in dx mode to use your old lenses.

Which lenses did you buy? Saw you got a 24-120, what else?

The 50mm 1.8g, I mainly used the 35mm so presume this will give the same effect, I've just checked my mail and that one's not due until Saturday at the earliest, I hadn't realised it was slow postage, the 24-120 is from MPB and they said yesterday I was in time for next day delivery but this morning DPD sent an email saying it's coming tomorrow :(

The camera is here though and it's so different, the kids keep trying to mess with it though so I've put it away until they go to bed at 6 when I can play properly.

It's meant in a good way mate. You always defend the honour of the d750 up against any camera body. [emoji106]
Lol, I'm not sure that's quite true but it is a bloomin good camera ;) :p

PS I knew it was meant in a nice way :)

Just ordered a GGS screen protector for mine

I've been directed to this thread and told you're all friendly.....

I've ordered a D750 which is due any time in the next hour, I've also ordered 2 lenses but neither of them have arrived yet, I've got 4 dx lenses from my D5300 which I know I can use on the new camera but will I need to set anything or just put them on and shoot away?
Welcome to the D750 world, I have also recently moved from a D90, and love the D750.

This was suggested in the thread, and found it useful and may help:

View: https://youtu.be/KmYJuCZiJWE

The 50mm 1.8g, I mainly used the 35mm so presume this will give the same effect, I've just checked my mail and that one's not due until Saturday at the earliest, I hadn't realised it was slow postage, the 24-120 is from MPB and they said yesterday I was in time for next day delivery but this morning DPD sent an email saying it's coming tomorrow :(

The camera is here though and it's so different, the kids keep trying to mess with it though so I've put it away until they go to bed at 6 when I can play properly.
Welcome Esther and you have made a great choice.
You can use some DX lenses in FX mode but you will get some amount of vignetting. The 35mm can be used and if used wide open there is not too much vignetting but it does get worse the more the lens is stopped down.
As said previously though the D750 will, by default auto switch to DX mode unless you disable it in the settings.

Tenner for a screen protector? :eek: I usually get 3 for a fiver :LOL:

I like the GGS ones protector for top and back and it glass.. I dont like the films ones.

oooooh i just remembered you need to order a new eye piece for your d750 as you will loose your one.

Or make sure you use doublesided sticky tape to stick it down

oooooh i just remembered you need to order a new eye piece for your d750 as you will loose your one.

Or make sure you use doublesided sticky tape to stick it down
Nah I wont lose one.. Never lost it on y first D750 that i had for 1 year or just about over.

Nah I wont lose one.. Never lost it on y first D750 that i had for 1 year or just about over.

haha when everyone was going on about losing their eye pieces, i was like how can you loose that you must all be doing something wrong, a few weeks later it started falling off and then last month i completely lost it :):)

I Just can't understand it as I am sure Toby hasn't lost one and he had a D750 for 2 years I reckon.. I doubt I lose mine.... How much are they to replace for original nikon

haha when everyone was going on about losing their eye pieces, i was like how can you loose that you must all be doing something wrong, a few weeks later it started falling off and then last month i completely lost it :):)
2 D750's no losses ;)

dunno got 3 for a tenner of amazon and used doublesided sticky tape as suggested by @minnnt

@snerkler hasnt had the same camera for 2 years so that doesnt count haha
Where did you put the sticky tape... But wouldn't that stop you putting the Cover on the eye piece for long exposure?

dunno got 3 for a tenner of amazon and used doublesided sticky tape as suggested by @minnnt

@snerkler hasnt had the same camera for 2 years so that doesnt count haha
Had the first one for pretty much 2 years :p

Toby been the most sensible one on here keeping to D750 rather than farting about like me :naughty:

Back