Nikon D750 & D780

So what happens if your house is burgled and you have it unticked?

Depends on the insurance. I've had to pay extra to cover the additional value within the home as the overall value of home contents with camera equipment was too low. I've upped it so there is enough cover for home contents and camera equipment. It's best to speak to your insurers, explain the situation and go from there. Home insurance is cheaper than specific photography insurance but make sure you don't ever sell an image otherwise it's likely to break the insurance agreement.
Is that because they will say it's a business item?

Is that because they will say it's a business item?
I guess they say because it's been used for business. Home insurance is a domestic product so they won't cover business use. Many of the photography insurance policies are the same. Often people find out when it's time to claim. When I spoke to several insurers at the NEC i found it was actually cheaper to be insured as a semi-pro than an amateur (something to do with the strange issue that amateurs seem to drop cameras more once new models come out).

Not read the whole thread, any videographers using the D750, casual or otherwise?

Ive used it a few times but i cant manual focus cause im rubbish and its too noisy with the auto focus

So what happens if your house is burgled and you have it unticked?

Depends on the insurance. I've had to pay extra to cover the additional value within the home as the overall value of home contents with camera equipment was too low. I've upped it so there is enough cover for home contents and camera equipment. It's best to speak to your insurers, explain the situation and go from there. Home insurance is cheaper than specific photography insurance but make sure you don't ever sell an image otherwise it's likely to break the insurance agreement.

Our house insurance went down when we added my camera gear to total value £2500. My wife sorted it, because we were adding the camera gear, they terminated our insurance about 6 months in, gave us the refund, then we paid another 12 months from that day, she paid ( got a good wife);)

Photo guard insurance are cheap and only £50 excess

I'll be very surprised if your home insurance a) covers overseas and b) covers left in the boot of a locked car and even more surprised if it covers it in the boot of a locked car whilst abroad!!! - easily done, service station, stop for a coffee in a town, etc,etc - foreign plates will scream holidaymaker!, just a couple of things to be aware of......

I'll be very surprised if your home insurance a) covers overseas and b) covers left in the boot of a locked car and even more surprised if it covers it in the boot of a locked car whilst abroad!!! - easily done, service station, stop for a coffee in a town, etc,etc - foreign plates will scream holidaymaker!, just a couple of things to be aware of......
Mine covers me overseas, but not sure on b). However as I'm covered by a) I don't see why b) wouldn't be.

Mine does, worldwide cover for theft or accidental damage. I had to list the items separately with serial numbers.

Ordered a retro 7 - the Tenba seems to have too much going on zip and flap wise!

I'm afraid its a rather dull shade of black!

I had both black and pinestone in basket - still debating if made right choice haha!

Last edited:
So anyone with this photo guard insurance £27 a year £5000 cover

Ok so best get in touch with my home insurance then

@kingo15 I believe you have cursed me saying should have gone pinestone....

Just had call to say they are out of stock of black even though it said in stock when ordered... Ggggrrrrr.

So it's pinestone or Tenba Cooper 13.

Welcome to my new drama :p

Ok so best get in touch with my home insurance then

If you are 100% amateur, ie never do anything for reward the home insurance would be fine (as long as everything is covered), if you anything paid then separate insurance is better as it's a deductible expense and will give you the correct PI cover. Anyone running a business on home cover is potentially opening themselves up for a real shafting, when that errant child/animal (delete where applicable) you are photographing knocks over the tripod injuring themselves and killing your equipment.

Well my insurance says I am covered from away from home and in home.. I am even covered abroad at the moment too.

BUT

£3000 in total.
£1500 per item.

Don't break too much then [emoji6]
LOL

but I can pay a extra £34 or somthing and get a much better cover just waiting to hear back.....

What you have

2k per item no limit. It's due for renewal soon so I'll have to make sure the oh gets the same cover. Might even see if they will cover my guns too.

Last edited:
Anyone use Lexar sd cards with their D750 or is the Sandisk ultra class 10's the best to go for.

Thanks

Anyone use Lexar sd cards with their D750 or is the Sandisk ultra class 10's the best to go for.

Thanks
Only ever used the Sandisk Extreme Pro with mine.

The Gold Sandisk ones that come in a twin pack... what ever ones they are! Zero failures...

Touch wood!

Last edited:
Thank you all, will stick to Sandisk.

Thanks
This link may help. Depending on the card performance FPS and buffer clearance could be quite different between cards.

http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/nikon-d750/fastest-sd-card-speed-tests/

I've stuck with the sandisk pro 95mb/s cards. Never had a problem and performance is great (card doesn't limit camera performance like some do). Two 32GB pro 95mb/s cards isnt a huge outlay compared to the camera. I feel they are worth it to ensure I get the performance (buffer clearing/FPS) that the D750 is capable of. No point limiting the d750 for an additional few pounds.

They can be purchased from amazon uk at a good price now (£20.99 for 32GB, seem to remember paying around £30 when I got the D750).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01J5RHBQ4/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

Last edited:
Back