Nikon D750 & D780

Lovely images I just saw these while looking on the D750 group on Flickr then come on here and you posted them ha ha.. excellent

Thanks Andrew

Fantastic set of images!

Thanks Ian

Great images. Being picky the third looks a teeny tad overexposed compared to the rest and the dog's coat looks a bit funny. Have you ramped up the shadows?

Cheers Toby. That third one was actually shot with some of the white wall behind overexposed and i pulled the highlights back a bit. The shadows didn't need to be tocuhed.

Thanks Andrew

Thanks Ian

Cheers Toby. That third one was actually shot with some of the white wall behind overexposed and i pulled the highlights back a bit. The shadows didn't need to be tocuhed.
Ahh, maybe it's the highlights then. Great images though, I particularly like the last.

Cant appear to view the Exif?? Anyway what lens was was on the bird?
No idea why no I if showing but Flickr does play up with that. If you had read the text at the start it does say what lens, anyhow, Nikon 300mm f4 non vr. Hope you liked the photos?

No idea why no I if showing but Flickr does play up with that. If you had read the text at the start it does say what lens, anyhow, Nikon 300mm f4 non vr. Hope you liked the photos?
Love the photos they are nice. How does this lens fair on the D750 as I seen a used one for £500

Love the photos they are nice. How does this lens fair on the D750 as I seen a used one for £500
Apparently in good hands they do very well, look on my Flickr and look for crunchy carrot (or similar) and look at some older photos of hers, it's she that owned this lens before me.

ERR message f*****g hell.. I think I have a Shutter error even though it not one of the recall model..

ERR message f*****g hell.. I think I have a Shutter error even though it not one of the recall model..
I get this if I turn the camera off in the middle of a long exposure. Just take another photo and it releases the locked up shutter. Hope this is your problem.

Did you buy new or used Andrew? If new I would be surprised if after all this time of the known shutter issue Nikon were still selling them without fixing the problem in manufacture.
A couple of my Grandson taken in natural light in our kitchen with the Tammy 70-200 wide open (what else)
Stan natural light.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr

Stan chin.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr

Did you buy new or used Andrew? If new I would be surprised if after all this time of the known shutter issue Nikon were still selling them without fixing the problem in manufacture.
A couple of my Grandson taken in natural light in our kitchen with the Tammy 70-200 wide open (what else)
Stan natural light.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr

Stan chin.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr

Brand new my friend. I've just reset the camera and put in a new memory card see how it goes.

Those images are lovely. Flash ?

Like others have said it could be a blip. The manual says release shutter and contact Nikon if error persists or occurs frequently. If it's the first time see what happens and if occurs again.

Brand new my friend. I've just reset the camera and put in a new memory card see how it goes.
don't forget to format the card in camera.

[QUOTEThose images are lovely. Flash ?[/QUOTE]
Thanks Andrew, just light from the window and a little processing.

[QUOTEThose images are lovely. Flash ?
Thanks Andrew, just light from the window and a little processing.[/QUOTE]
Amazing so much details to the eye

@rookies do you format your cards or just delete the images? Have you formatted since swapping from the D500?

Should you format them each time you take pictures off them rather than just deleting I take it from your comment.
Formatting properly erases the card and has less chance of errors apparently.

Should you format them each time you take pictures off them rather than just deleting I take it from your comment.
If you are using it in the same camera every time deleting should be fine as far as I'm aware. I always format it in camera once I've transferred all images to the computer, it's just as easy to format as deleting all of the images in camera.

If you are using it in the same camera every time deleting should be fine as far as I'm aware. I always format it in camera once I've transferred all images to the computer, it's just as easy to format as deleting all of the images in camera.
Apparently deleting doesn't fully clear the card and can lead to errors. People have reported slowing of card speeds affecting buffering as well as faults,... if you believe t'interweb ;)

It does appear later Nikons are more prone to errors for some reason :(

Last edited:
i would guess deleting just tells the camera the space is available, but doesn't do anything else until the space is needed, this is why its possible to recover deleted pics. formatting overwrites/resets the card so the data is actually wiped

Wonder if you worked out which hill it is and where about I am now ha ha ha

Back