Nikon D750 & D780

Those of you who set the record button to ISO, what do you use your rear wheel for?
In manual shutter rear, aperture front. Priority mode shutter/aperture rear, exp comp front. For ISO press and hold record button, rear wheel changes ISO front turns Auto ISO on/off.

I did say if I decide I like a 2nd body for FF but at the moment I don't miss it and happy as I am but if I wanted a FF I be keeping d500 and add a 2nd but love to avoid it though.

But does that justify having a 2nd? What would you use the FF for that you couldn't do with the D500? I mean personally for you, not other folk who do weddings etc... just curious as to how ff has a + over dx for you specifically

No standard is rear does shutter speed, front does aperture.
I might have it that way around - I confess I don't actually know how I've got it set up. My fingers do, though.

If you do that; is there then an easy way to start recording for movies?
No idea, the only time I shot a movie was when I accidentally knocked the live view mode selector.

No idea, the only time I shot a movie was when I accidentally knocked the live view mode selector.

I did that once too !!! I wondered what the Hell was happening :D

I've also accidentally turned on Live View a couple of times too; now I do it when bored for a laugh just to remind me why I don't like it; though I suppose there may be a point after all with a tilt-screen :)

Dave

I did that once too !!! I wondered what the Hell was happening :D

I've also accidentally turned on Live View a couple of times too; now I do it when bored for a laugh just to remind me why I don't like it; though I suppose there may be a point after all with a tilt-screen :)

Dave

I used both live view and the tilt screen for the first time in anger the other day... while perched on a chair over a nude model, but that's another story.

Shoot a lot more than that. I go lakes district 6 times a year. Waste water. Buttermere etc but the d500 would do them plenty good enough

I use liveview all the time for landscapes, allows me to tilt the screen to save stooping ;)

:D the D500 would be perfect Andrew. I look forward to seeing your shots should you share them. I wish I could get that often.

There a couple on Flickr now when I last went to Wast Water that when I had a canon 40D think it was.. If that took it good enough the D500 should ha ha

:D the D500 would be perfect Andrew. I look forward to seeing your shots should you share them. I wish I could get that often.
Agreed, the D500 like most modern cameras, will take excellent pics (y).

Not been back there yet... Going in April or maybe June. trying to decide which month to go there on. As this year lakes is booked for April, June, Aug, Sep and Oct

Not been back there yet... Going in April or maybe June. trying to decide which month to go there on. As this year lakes is booked for April, June, Aug, Sep and Oct
ah right miss understood i thought you meant you go 6/7 times a year every year.

Shame would of been good to see the iq difference over the years

ah right miss understood i thought you meant you go 6/7 times a year every year.

Shame would of been good to see the iq difference over the years

Yes I go every year to lakes yes but I not been there for a while. and not been with the D500 yet.. But I been with the D750 but not wast water...

ah crystal clear now.

If you use the d500 there make sure you get a bird in the picture otherwise you will get ousted from the other thread :banana::banana:

Lmfao about the bird never though about that.

So been trying out both 70-200s today. Been interesting.

The 2.8 allows a faster shutter speed obviously, but with the high ISO of the D750 the f4 is still decent enough in low light. For low light action the 2.8 is the winner.

As mentioned before, if it's outdoors or good light, it just depends if you want 2.8.

Focus speed is quick and snappy on both. Apparently the 2.8 is faster, but it's hard to measure when using one body!

2.8 is better built, but the f4 is by no means a cheap build. I would say it's a step up from say the build of the 24-120 f4.

Handling is subjective and will really depend on the person. With my previous injury the f4 is much easier. For someone with more strength I don't think it would be an issue. They may even prefer the thickness of the lens. The f4 is quite narrow in comparison.

Both have a great feeling zoom and focus ring. Could not fault either.

As for IQ, it's hard to tell without getting out and doing some proper shooting. Both look sharp and have good colours. Reviews have them as good as each other as far as I know.

The 2.8 is for me heavy, at nearly 2 times the weight of the f4, it really feels like a brick (to me). And makes the D750 look so tiny!

I'm going out at the weekend for a walk and some shooting. That will be the deciding factor for me. Sadly I am swaying towards the f4, but in a perfect world I would keep the 2.8 until I am fully fit. But this may not happen for a while and it would just be a waste.

Saying that, I might change my tune after the weekend!

IMG_0778.jpg

Back